Just some optimisation on one previous chassis version was possible few hours Sunday afternoon because I was babysitting my cat after Thursday's surgery and Terrier has to visit vet on Friday, so I had more busy e d if the week than I expected, and from today job obligations...but on weekends I'll find some time,

My mayor problem about gearbox is how to make simple construction with smallest amount of gears used...but I have few ideas about it :wink:

As alternative I have found in nearby shop one battery box 8 X 4 X 4 so in worst case I could use it in Fastrac and move it to the side... 

Seems like you are dealing with similar problems as I.. Except the pets, because I don't have any :wink:

Seeing what you have created so far I trust you will come up with a usefull solution. Unfortunately I cannot assist you very much on gearbox design. The only time I can get a gearbox to do what I want is when I follow TLG in the building instructions :wacko:

I have several modules for gearbox but I want to make it simple and at the same time incorporate in stiff but simple chassis. I have some idea, but have to wait how it would perform :wink:

About pets, I had always special connection to animals, so I can hardly imagine my wife and myself without pets...

Edited by I_Igor

Starting to work on a Cab to see if battery box could fit there to be more accessible than "below" chassis...

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

After 2-3 hours of playing with Cab, I have made something that could be a framework for cab. Framework is not that bad term since there are 4 frames used. :laugh: Proportions fit to my BW copy of dimensions from brochure, so when I find time I'll finish it (I have needed parts more or less)...

Here is how it looks like:

800x1422.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Enjoy :classic:

Edited by I_Igor
Emoticons added...

Thanks @steph77, I have gearbox design, but gearbox optimisation indicates chassis development and I have this new idea to integrate battery box in cab which could be detached with pins (both cab and better box from cab). Chassis is partly done to be used with this cab; actually I have 1 finished chassis and 2 in development, but at the end I'll decide for combination that is best compromise between stiffness and simplicity.

To be honest it looks like you have forward / reverse gearbox, but your helicopters are simply great :thumbup:

Just now, steph77 said:

:thumbup:

looks good so far, btw :wink:

Looking good. Can't you use a train BB? It is quite a bit smaller but lacks the Technic holes..

I also like your idea of building several chassis simultaneously and testing ideas on them. Might 'steal' this trick from you :wink:

8 hours ago, Sjoemie himself said:

Looking good. Can't you use a train BB? It is quite a bit smaller but lacks the Technic holes..

I also like your idea of building several chassis simultaneously and testing ideas on them. Might 'steal' this trick from you :wink:

I have one train BB and another is on the way. On train BB I miss pins for direction changing, but it is lighter and more compact, so I'll se at the end both versions and decide which to use. In next project I'll definitely use Technic version because with 28 studs wheelbase and side chassis section height some 10 studs, there will be place.

This train bb is or course a good solution. Couldn't you use it as front counterweight? This would leave the place for your gearbox but in another hand it will lock the possibility to use the front attachment. To solve this issue you could imagine also a front tool who incorporate this bb?

48 minutes ago, steph77 said:

This train bb is or course a good solution. Couldn't you use it as front counterweight? This would leave the place for your gearbox but in another hand it will lock the possibility to use the front attachment. To solve this issue you could imagine also a front tool who incorporate this bb?

I wanted to make something that is part of tractor and not as front weight or similar. My goal is to make something like LEGO Unimog U400. I'm also thinking how to put smaller BB inside cab and mount seats over it, but to make this whole rear section removable by detaching few pins...I'll thin of something...the only issue for this train Battery box is that for direction switching I have to use something like nails or even screwdriver...or do you have some idea?

I don't own such bb....

isn't it possible to use a simple pole reverser? it is available in set 8293...

EDIT ; this pole reverser could be positioned deep inside your build of chassis and have a HOG somewhere?

Edited by steph77

16 minutes ago, steph77 said:

I don't own such bb....

isn't it possible to use a simple pole reverser? it is available in set 8293...

EDIT ; this pole reverser could be positioned deep inside your build of chassis and have a HOG somewhere?

That is one possibility that crossed my mind, another is to turn switch to outside so I could "operate" with it using nails; somehow it must be turned on and off.

Thanks for help ?

10 hours ago, steph77 said:

:wink:

good work!

thanks, I hope tomorrow and for weekend to find some time to work on it...The main goal was to make some kind of modules that could be easily replaceable; separate engine, separate axles, separate chassis, separate cab...

On 1/9/2019 at 12:39 PM, I_Igor said:

Here are images of rear suspended axle with integrated 3 point hitch (so you can use it in your project if you find it adaptable to your tractor :wink: )

Can you share some more photos of this - thinking it might have some ideas for the front linkage & pto for my MF...

Just now, hpil said:

Can you share some more photos of this - thinking it might have some ideas for the front linkage & pto for my MF...

I'll make more photos asap after I finished my work on chassis. Currently I'm working on rear part of chassis.

if you decided, by chance, to publish instructions (ldd is enough, this one is first on top of my list of moc to build :classic:

I just sort all my leftover parts and actually it seems ok...

keep it up Igor!

Hi Steph,

My goal was to make simple construction for sturdy playable tractor but due to use (only) smartphone, I can hardly promise any kind of instructions. The only thing that I could make is to make additional samples of main construction and gearbox features... Currently still working in gearbox, but managed to integrate central differential (because I have lot of older 4L differentials I have to integrate them somewhere, hm perhaps I can put 4 of them in harvester ?)

After few trials and errors I can say that (finally) I'm satisfied with chassis and features. My main goal was to use minimum parts, so for gearbox as example; there are used just 14 gears to implement 4 functions and additional 3 to connect gearbox to m-motor...

Result (current state of project) can be seen below

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Ah yes great work. Still looking nice and narrow while including many functions. Really great steering angles as well. Maybe I have overlooked it but will the fastrac be rc?

What will be your next step, bodywork?