11 hours ago, jrx said:

Sounds really good. Looking forward seeing fresh pics.

Latests are in your inbox :wink:

but 'll publish news when I finish some 75% of chassis

28 minutes ago, jrx said:

Did you send me a new mail? Last one is from 19.

That is the last eMail, but in the meantime I have finished left chassis side and after small brake (Bella the Terrier had to go out), I'll work on the right side. After that you'll see how it looks now :wink:

After relaxing Christmas with my wife, pets and hobby, it is time to present final solution for my Fastrac 4000 series version. What I'm writing about is that after several (do not know exact number) attempts using well known method trial and error, I have made proper front chassis part which is sturdy, has two mayor of features - motorized front pto and 3 point hitch (only third mounting point is not visible :laugh:), big steering angle that would allow tight turns (it will be 4ws version), fake 6 cylinder engine...and it fits perfectly 1:15 scale...but let's not to write to much, here are few images...

Universal joints madness for front hitch

800x450.jpg

Part where battery box will be (and view from below)

800x450.jpg

Front pto...

800x450.jpg

Mounted tire

800x450.jpg

Max turning angle - view from above...

800x450.jpg

Other images with previous versions etc...

https://bricksafe.com/pages/igor.ipsa/agriculture/tractors/jcb_fastrac_4220#

After some time I managed to finish chassis with desired proportions for 1:15 scale. Before images there are few respected EB members who supported me and contributed in this build, so I hope that this creation (despite it is not finished) will be what @grum64, @TeamThrifty, @hpil, @functionalTechnic, @jorgeopesi, @jrx, @Technic BOOM, @Leonardo da Bricki, @Rudivdk... expect. Dimensions are correct for such scale:

46 studs long

25 studs wheelbase

21.5 studs wide

26 studs tall

It uses 16 universal joint and 10 CV joints, but let pictures speak themselves:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Battery box has its place below transverse H frame.

Bigger images can be seen here:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/igor.ipsa/agriculture/tractors/jcb_fastrac_4220

Regards

Edited by I_Igor

That looks like it’s going to be something of a beast. I very much look forward to seeing it once complete :thumbup:

Thanks, in the meantime I'm looking how to make rear section even sturdier, but always have this problem with missing beam with 8 studs...

Of course I'm making new rear part without disassembling this one...

20 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

It looks like a big challenge but those are the MOCs we like.

Thanks, currently I'm trying to optimize whole Construction because rear part is not sturdy as I would like (it is a bit bending...). You know someone has infected my with parts optimisation :wink:

It's looking good, and I have high expectations for this model! To help with the flexing, I think you need to run a sturdy connected beam or two along most of the models length.

But I don't think I should get credit for this model... I haven't done much of anything. :classic:

Last night I have made alternative solution for central part mainly with frames and it is even lighter and much sturdier (and I need less space for gearbox)

Thanks for stopping by :wink:

That is looking fantastic @I_Igor! The steering angle with the porsche arms and cv joints looks really good - what is the maximum angle you can comfortably get before the cvs start to bind or stiffen up too much? 

Middle chassis part is finished and I think I can not make it better...now it consists of 2 light bluish gray H frames 5 X 12 and 6 black 5 X 7 frames and is finally enough sturdy...front and rear part to copy from this last posted version is no problem and axles took several month of development because I wanted simple as possible, but very sturdy axle that uses minimum if space due to all wheel drive, all wheel steering...and of course TLC enjoys making to wide tires ... 

Glad you like it, I'll upload new images as soon as I finish chassis...

Regards

Thanks. In reality all tractors have thin / narrow chassis to enable smallest possible turning circle. Final chassis will have significant changes, because with battery box placed underneath chassis is bending; specially where suspension arms are connected to chassis. Yesterday I had a chance to see real Fastrac 4000 series and have noticed that real thing has 3 longitudinal suspension arms per axle, so today I had to change this also. Good news is that suspension with 3 longitudinal arms allows me to make much much stiffer chassis, so after week of running in circle I have few hours ago made properly stiff front part of chassis. After short brake I'll continue to work on chassis for a next few hours.

Thanks once again, this was my primary goal to make it narrow. Looking forward to see your Case tractor. If you need idea on how to use frames, feel free and look on previous pages in this thread for Unimog chassis.

Regards

17 hours ago, Sjoemie himself said:

Great looking tractor so far. I really like the narrow look of the frame and drivetrain.

Here are images of rear suspended axle with integrated 3 point hitch (so you can use it in your project if you find it adaptable to your tractor :wink: )

800x1422.jpg

800x1422.jpg

800x1422.jpg

800x1422.jpg

Sorry for bad photo quality, I'll make better photos when it will be finished (and reproduce some solutions because I want to use them in future project)

My space is also limited due to 4 wheel steering and full suspension; and of course 4 wheel drive...:wink:

Thanks to @grum64 and his Christmas present, finally I have managed to build sturdy chassis (it needed much reinforcement because I have decided to integrate Technic battery box transversally below it...). Next step is to install and optimize gearbox for 4 motorized functions. :innocent2:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Edited by I_Igor
added images

Thank you very much @hpil

Looking forward to see development of your Massey Ferguson :classic:

Now enough building for today, it is time to put LEGO in bag and wish them good night :grin: