On 6/24/2018 at 10:04 AM, Peppermint_M said:

The real question is, would a new pirate theme be A&A or Pirates?

Historic didn't want anything to do with Nexo Knights once the whole concept was revealed, but even pirates that belong in a Ninjago like universe could possibly still be welcome in Pirates itself. 

Not to mention, a more space-faring pirate would be at home in SciFi. Then again, this is all just speculation on the possibility of more pirates. 

Techno / Space Pirates would belong here or in Sci-Fi, just like Nexo Knights.  That's my opinion, anyways.

Well, that was exactly what I said right there. I wrote an article about what makes an Action Theme and I am sure that a really Space based Pirate theme would go to SF. 

On 6/28/2018 at 4:25 AM, Peppermint_M said:

Well, that was exactly what I said right there. I wrote an article about what makes an Action Theme and I am sure that a really Space based Pirate theme would go to SF. 

Fair enough, I misunderstood your question.  My fault.

I would hope that a new Pirates theme would fit into Pirates rather than Action & Adventure.  Even with a few fantasy elements like Krackens or Voodoo, I think it would fall firmly into Pirates.  As soon as you start to mash it up with another theme altogether, you pull it out of Pirates into other categories.

On 6/28/2018 at 4:25 AM, Peppermint_M said:

I think a space pirate theme could wind up in either sci-fi or action-adventure depending on whether there are any magic/supernatural elements. Generally that seems a big part of what separates themes like Nexo Knights and Atlantis from what Eurobricks considers Sci-Fi. It's kind of odd that things break down that way here, when sci-fi as a film or literary genre has included fantasy elements for many decades, but it seems to be the way things have worked out so far.