Sign in to follow this  
ZlatanXVIGustaf

Harvesttime

This is my latest build. Roderick and his sons are hard at work harvesting the crops to fill up the foodstorage for the winter.

40558695870_222666e2f1_z.jpg

40558693230_6100cd30d3_z.jpg

41463802815_47fa9b06fa_z.jpg

27496573867_ac5f2ef832_z.jpg

40558657240_b2f8d50b2f_z.jpg

27496568047_71d5b2c880_z.jpg

41643214314_7d4f944968_z.jpg

42366115971_d11f0b5013_z.jpg

42366103021_c5e6955068_z.jpg

41463777735_403dc5ca68_z.jpg

42317671092_26094b6c09_z.jpg

42366082631_d8d09027b6_z.jpg

More pictures on Flickr!

Iv'e been working on this build for the past three months now. It came out  pretty much how I envisioned it with the exception och the windmill roof, I wanted it to be more flat. I like that I was able to build as many trees and as much foliage as I did. The irregular base was quite tricky to achieve on this scale and it is all built on baseplates. The mountain took way longer to build than I expected and the backside didn't turn out that great, mainly because I ran out of parts but my patience was running low aswell. My favourite part is the barn, I really like how it came out. 

Any critisism is welcome, I hope you enjoy it!

Edited by ZlatanXVIGustaf

Great work mate, sometimes when you increase the size of your builds you lose detail and other vital things, but here you have retained that while making such a large display. The green and olive works great here, very avalonian. The cliffs are a bit study, but that is fine. I like the stonework, and I appreciate how you used round tiles instead of the 1x2s, it gives it a much more "village/non-military" vibe. The windmill is a bit skinny and straight up for my liking, but the landscaping around it is fantastic :thumbup:

Lovely! :wub:  Just wonderful all around, from the Tudor, to the rock-work, to the windmill and crop!  Just a beautiful dio, keep it up! :sweet:

This is a wonderful build, lovely textures and the windmill is great too.  The shape of the blades looks really good.  Excellent stonework and the different sections, pigs, wheat, etc. blend super well! :thumbup:  Your work on this definitely shows, keep it up!

Realy love this build, there is so much going on and so much to compliment!

On 5/27/2018 at 4:31 AM, The Maestro said:

Great work mate, sometimes when you increase the size of your builds you lose detail and other vital things, but here you have retained that while making such a large display. The green and olive works great here, very avalonian. The cliffs are a bit study, but that is fine. I like the stonework, and I appreciate how you used round tiles instead of the 1x2s, it gives it a much more "village/non-military" vibe. The windmill is a bit skinny and straight up for my liking, but the landscaping around it is fantastic :thumbup:

Thank you! I was slightly worried that I wouldn’t be able to stay consistent with details in the beginning I think I managed quite well too. I’ve never thought of the stonework that way but yeah, it does look more peaceful in a way. I’m torn on the windmill. It isn’t as detailed as I would have liked however it has the exact shape I was looking for, a damn near perfect 8 diameter circle so I decided to go with that when I finally figured out how to build it.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:02 AM, Garmadon said:

Lovely! :wub:  Just wonderful all around, from the Tudor, to the rock-work, to the windmill and crop!  Just a beautiful dio, keep it up! :sweet:

Thanks!

On 5/27/2018 at 5:45 AM, Kai NRG said:

This is a wonderful build, lovely textures and the windmill is great too.  The shape of the blades looks really good.  Excellent stonework and the different sections, pigs, wheat, etc. blend super well! :thumbup:  Your work on this definitely shows, keep it up!

Thank you! It is a tight fit for the plates in the windmill blades, I’m glad you like them.

1 hour ago, narbilu said:

Realy love this build, there is so much going on and so much to compliment!

Thank you, I’m glad you like it!

There is some really great rockwork and landscaping. The windmill and the houses look amazing. I also like the crops, it seems like a really nice idea that I might even "borrow" some day.

The landscaping and rockwork is fantastic.  I really love the windmill especially the way you did the blades on the windmill.  The trees are neat.  I like the houses and the use of the round tiles it gives them a stone work feel to the buildings.  And the pig pen is cool.  Great job  

Wonderful details throughout! I like the design of the buildings a lot. The whole build is very cohesive and there's detail in every corner. Great work. :thumbup:

Such a lovely MOC! :wub::wub: 

I see what you mean about the backside of the rockwork, but that's really the only thing I could remark. The overall landscaping is great, all the greenery makes for a very Avalonian scene, and all the colourful flowers are just :drool: I like your stonework as well, as TM said: the round 2x2 tiles create a very non-militaristic, peaceful atmosphere! :thumbup: The different agricultural activities all look good as well, like the wheat and the windmill!

This is gorgeous. Vibrant and colorful and well-balanced between nature and buildings. Really love that windmill too.

Great job on this one, three months well spent I'd say.  I actually think the back of the hill works quite well, and I'm impressed that you matched it so well to the shape of the plates at the base.  Your windmill looks great, and I like that the stone portions of the buildings match each other.  While I really love the texture that you achieved on the wattle and daub portion of the half-timbered level on the house, I think that the longer faces would benefit from a few more vertical timbers, maybe corresponding with the window frames.

This is one beautiful diorama... The landscaping, the rock-work, the atmosphere and everything else... These days, I'm fond of medieval buildings using 2x2 round tiles and the cottages use plenty of them! The windmill is so amazing. I love nature. Everything is lovely. :wub:

Very sweet build mate... amazing landscaping, photography and texturing :) Really great moc :wub:

What a fantastic build!  There's so many great things, it's hard to pick my favorite.  I love the texture on the plastered walls on the second story of the house, the irregular, gently rolling base, and the texture of the various grasses and plants around the cart parked near the house.  The rockwork looks good too--the SNOT technique helps break up the 'paper shredder' effect that one can see on traditional cliff builds with the 65 and 75° slopes.  Love it!

What a beautiful countryside :wub: :wub: Just the right amount of flowers and grass in the landscape, along with a great mix of olive green and regular green makes for a very attractive Avalonian setting :thumbup:

The barn is my favorite building, with the lovely stone corners and plank walls. It looks like a productive farm too! Great wheat field and pig pen :classic: 

On 5/28/2018 at 6:13 PM, jakbar said:

There is some really great rockwork and landscaping. The windmill and the houses look amazing. I also like the crops, it seems like a really nice idea that I might even "borrow" some day.

Thanks! The crops are by no means my idea, I’ve seen it being used many times.

On 5/28/2018 at 6:25 PM, zoth33 said:

The landscaping and rockwork is fantastic.  I really love the windmill especially the way you did the blades on the windmill.  The trees are neat.  I like the houses and the use of the round tiles it gives them a stone work feel to the buildings.  And the pig pen is cool.  Great job  

Thank you zoth! I’m glad the windmill is getting some praise despite not being that great in my eyes.

On 5/29/2018 at 4:21 AM, BrickJagger said:

Wonderful details throughout! I like the design of the buildings a lot. The whole build is very cohesive and there's detail in every corner. Great work. :thumbup:

On 5/29/2018 at 2:07 PM, TitusV said:

Such a lovely MOC! :wub::wub: 

I see what you mean about the backside of the rockwork, but that's really the only thing I could remark. The overall landscaping is great, all the greenery makes for a very Avalonian scene, and all the colourful flowers are just :drool: I like your stonework as well, as TM said: the round 2x2 tiles create a very non-militaristic, peaceful atmosphere! :thumbup: The different agricultural activities all look good as well, like the wheat and the windmill!

Thank you Titus! I was going for a very Avalonian scene so I’m glad it turned out that way.

On 5/29/2018 at 4:12 PM, mccoyed said:

This is gorgeous. Vibrant and colorful and well-balanced between nature and buildings. Really love that windmill too.

Thanks mccoyed!

On 5/29/2018 at 4:32 PM, The Stad said:

Great job on this one, three months well spent I'd say.  I actually think the back of the hill works quite well, and I'm impressed that you matched it so well to the shape of the plates at the base.  Your windmill looks great, and I like that the stone portions of the buildings match each other.  While I really love the texture that you achieved on the wattle and daub portion of the half-timbered level on the house, I think that the longer faces would benefit from a few more vertical timbers, maybe corresponding with the window frames.

Thanks! I agree with you about the house, I think the backside works because of the chimney but the front is quite empty in the middle.

On 5/30/2018 at 9:31 PM, LegoModularFan said:

This is one beautiful diorama... The landscaping, the rock-work, the atmosphere and everything else... These days, I'm fond of medieval buildings using 2x2 round tiles and the cottages use plenty of them! The windmill is so amazing. I love nature. Everything is lovely. :wub:

On 6/1/2018 at 3:29 PM, Gunman said:

Very sweet build mate... amazing landscaping, photography and texturing :) Really great moc :wub:

Thanks! The photography was quite a challenge for this one because it is just a few cm too wide.

On 6/2/2018 at 4:35 PM, Grover said:

What a fantastic build!  There's so many great things, it's hard to pick my favorite.  I love the texture on the plastered walls on the second story of the house, the irregular, gently rolling base, and the texture of the various grasses and plants around the cart parked near the house.  The rockwork looks good too--the SNOT technique helps break up the 'paper shredder' effect that one can see on traditional cliff builds with the 65 and 75° slopes.  Love it!

Thanks Grover!

On 6/2/2018 at 7:36 PM, soccerkid6 said:

What a beautiful countryside :wub: :wub: Just the right amount of flowers and grass in the landscape, along with a great mix of olive green and regular green makes for a very attractive Avalonian setting :thumbup:

The barn is my favorite building, with the lovely stone corners and plank walls. It looks like a productive farm too! Great wheat field and pig pen :classic: 

Thanks Isaac! It is very productive indeed, the original plan even included included chockens however I didn’t know where to put them.

Lovely diorama! I really like the angled barn, the irregular base and the different heights you have in this moc! Fitting for our mighty guild for sure!!

Fabulous work, it's nice to see a build with such a large accompanying landscape! The brightly colored flowers, wheat field, pig pen, and various trees are all superb. I especially like the birch trees.
And of course, the buildings are wonderful as well! The barn is definitely my favorite, the combination of wood and stone looks great. Nifty door design there too.

Overall another beautiful build from you, keep up the good work! :classic:

Great work all around, ZG! (And since you built with 360-degree viewability, I mean that literally, too.) There is not much to critique here, only praise. I love the different shapes of trees, the rustic and very practical looking buildings, the lushness of the environment, and even the hill for the windmill. However, I think the backside of the hill is the weakest point, just because it is unclear whether it is just a large rock sticking out of the surrounding terrain or whether you have chosen to show just a segment of a larger hill. That being said, everything else is wonderful! Great textures. I look forward to seeing more of your stuff!

This is a great build overall with some lovely details, it was great to be able to see it live at Klossfestivalen :classic: 

The presentation is top notch too, I like the mix between showing the whole build in focus from different angles and the closeup shots with more limited depth of field emphasizing different details and figs. 

Keep up the good work!!

(Sorry for the late feedback...)

This is fantastic! I know you said the base was hard to achieve, but your hard work certainly paid off, it looks amazing!

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

I know you said the base was hard to achieve, but your hard work certainly paid off, it looks amazing!

So much attention to the rock work of the back of the build *oh2*

I seem to have missed some replies, apologies!

On 6/6/2018 at 7:32 PM, de Gothia said:

Lovely diorama! I really like the angled barn, the irregular base and the different heights you have in this moc! Fitting for our mighty guild for sure!!

Thanks! It’s nice hearing that from guild legend. :blush:

On 6/8/2018 at 9:36 PM, LittleJohn said:

Fabulous work, it's nice to see a build with such a large accompanying landscape! The brightly colored flowers, wheat field, pig pen, and various trees are all superb. I especially like the birch trees.
And of course, the buildings are wonderful as well! The barn is definitely my favorite, the combination of wood and stone looks great. Nifty door design there too.

Overall another beautiful build from you, keep up the good work! :classic:

Thank you! I wanted to make the house seem small compared to the build in its entirety if that makes sense.

On 6/9/2018 at 7:31 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Great work all around, ZG! (And since you built with 360-degree viewability, I mean that literally, too.) There is not much to critique here, only praise. I love the different shapes of trees, the rustic and very practical looking buildings, the lushness of the environment, and even the hill for the windmill. However, I think the backside of the hill is the weakest point, just because it is unclear whether it is just a large rock sticking out of the surrounding terrain or whether you have chosen to show just a segment of a larger hill. That being said, everything else is wonderful! Great textures. I look forward to seeing more of your stuff!

Thanks! The hill is supposed to be “cut out”  but I understand it’s confusing with the olive green details. It would have looked extremely boring without it so that’s my reasoning behind it.

On 8/7/2018 at 4:02 PM, Gideon said:

This is a great build overall with some lovely details, it was great to be able to see it live at Klossfestivalen :classic: 

The presentation is top notch too, I like the mix between showing the whole build in focus from different angles and the closeup shots with more limited depth of field emphasizing different details and figs. 

Keep up the good work!!

(Sorry for the late feedback...)

Thanks! I like that my presentation has visible improved.

Is it the curve in the back of the rock that is impressive? It’s an area that received very little attention relative to the size of it.

On 8/7/2018 at 6:30 PM, MKJoshA said:

This is fantastic! I know you said the base was hard to achieve, but your hard work certainly paid off, it looks amazing!

Thank you very much!