Foreman

What is your favorite Lego Theme?

Mine is the collectible Minifigures, but if you want a theme with real set then I pick Space Police III and hope I can get all the space police sets

Edited by Foreman

When it comes to the classics, it's a toss-up between either Space or Adventurers. For more recent, smaller scaled action themes, again, it's yet another toss-up between either Space Police III or Atlantis, while my favorite "big bang" theme so far has to be Nexo Knights

Hey, great topic by the way! :thumbup: :sweet:

It's a tight race between LEGO Elves, LEGO Ninjago, and LEGO Bionicle, but these days Elves usually winds up on top.

My main interest is Technic, though I also quite like the old Agents theme (and have managed to collect all except 8637), and the regular CMS (of which I have every single one).

Edited by mocbuild101

Town, Trains and Technic!

OK, yes, the first two are both City, but alliteration with Ts sounds better. I'll also be attracted to anything with realistic-ish vehicles and interesting functions, e.g. Power Miners, Agents etc.

Space! Most favorite are Classic Space, Futuron, Blacktron, and Ice Planet. 

(Classic) Space, Adventurers, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, LEGO Ideas, LEGO Dimensions, Minifigures, Mindstorms, The LEGO Movie / LEGO Cinematic Universe (LEGO Batman, Ninjago, etc movies), LEGO Universe, Winter Village...

Tricky question. From the existing ones, I probably the most in awe by the creator expert modulars. They are just the ideal centerpieces for a city layout and wonderfully "overengineered". My all time favourite will be the one that brought me back from my dark ages, Kingdoms 2. Amazing Minifig design! :classic:

As far as licensed themes go, I'd say they'd have to be DC Comics SuperHeroes, Indiana Jones, and all three of the tie-in themes for the movies in the Lego Cinematic Universe seen so far.

I really liked the Creator 3in1 line, until the 2018 ones came out, which was totally alien as compared to the ones before. But thankfully the Expert series never disappoints. LEGO Friends is another one of my favorites due to it's strange but unique designs.

I don't have one. I like Indy, LOTR+Hobbit, some OT SW, CMF, Monster Fighters, Creator (3-in-1s), Creator Expert, SH minifigs but not the sets. I have favourite sets across many themes. My main interests are spaceships, historic/castle and trains, although I'm not a fan of Space, Castle or City/trains as themes. I don't think I keep anything within those themes as official sets, preferring just MOCs.

I'm not into Elves or Friends, but my daughter is, and there are some fantastic sets in those even if I don't like the theme.

Edited by MAB

Hands down Technic and I feel like a sellout here but Star Wars followed by Ninjago then The LEGO Batman movie. Since I have only been out of my dark age for a couple of years now and quit playing with LEGO in the 70's I missed out on all those great nostalgic sets everyone else seems to long for. 

4 hours ago, ExeSandbox said:

I really liked the Creator 3in1 line, until the 2018 ones came out, which was totally alien as compared to the ones before. But thankfully the Expert series never disappoints.

I too have a thing for both the Three-In-One and Expert Creator lines, but not so much for their sets (even though many are pretty awesome), but for the very concept of the theme. I mean, how many Lego themes have restrictions as limited as Creator, as far as playset subject matter goes? From what it looks like, Creator can cover almost anything and everything! :sweet:

Technic, followed by Modular Buildings and Winter Village.

For some reason I have gotten into buying each and every Modular, even though I only have 4 Assembled.

iI am more picky about Technic, I don't but just everything. I have gotten real picky.

For Winter Village, I have the first 4, that I use each year and I only get sets that fit my display, the Chalet and a Winter Market got booted as they just did not fit.  I do have Santa's place as a cornerstone and the Train station as a place to buy hot drinks and tickets for my "Kiddie train"

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

80s and early 90s castle and space will always have a place in my heart as the sets that introduced me to Lego.

As for current series I buy the most Ninjago sets so that has to be my favourite theme although I'm a big fan of the Creator Expert and Architect lines as well... I'm a bit strange as "rebrickable value" weighs in a lot when I buy a set as I usually build a set up only to completely tear it down a couple days later because I remember a certain element I need in the MOC I'm making is hiding in that set.

The CMF line is my favourite closely followed by DC.

I love the abundance of different characters available and it’s just so great to have an opportunity to buy mini figures that wouldn’t usually get produced!

Castle, followed by Classic Space, Vikings and Pirates.

I also appreciate the CMF series.

Technic is my favorite. But I'm not sure you could consider it a theme, with a theme being something like batman etc. My favorite theme would have to be something like construction equipment, mining, etc.