Sign in to follow this  
Spud The Viking

[COR-FB] Spud's Home of Indigenous Antiquities

Small Educational: Footprint 256 studs in Jameston

Welcome one and all to Spud's minimal collection of wonderful artifacts. Gaze upon golden trinkets from centuries past and ponder the meanings of these ancient objects. 

Located upon the main street in Jameston, this little building has free admission!

(Donations gladly received)

40515028690_256f5ea5f9_z.jpg

42274831942_045da57760_z.jpg

40515028010_65acac00d9_z.jpg

Spud works diligently on categorising each artifact in his collection. The main display is from a collapsed temple deep within the jungle of Celestia.

And now for our tour;

28449147908_93be9dbdf1_z.jpg

On the right you will see a gathering of golden weapons and a golden staff. The staff was found close to an altar, suggesting it was for religious or ceremonial purposes. The trident and spear were found in the barracks closest to what is thought to be a king's chamber. Lastly, a golden blade was found in the king's bedroom. 

40515022950_7d0542aef3_z.jpg

What you are looking at now is the king's private altar. The surrounding masonry was destroyed upon discovery so this setup may be incorrect but it is the best based upon our records.

28449151788_1db390ce93_z.jpg

Moving on, we have two bronze and one golden idol. These were scattered throughout the temple. They are common in the tribal villages still existing today. We would be most grateful if any other explorer could interact with such peoples and find out the use of these idols. 

40515019730_9c5e701413_z.jpg

We have saved the best for last, four circular rings made of gold and precious stones. Each having a decorative onyx carving inspired by surrounding wildlife; the squid, shark, crab and turtle. Again, the meaning behind such beautiful objects is unknown so we shall do what museums typically do in this predicament and say it's for ceremonial purposes. 

A vine found at the site of this ancient complex has been allowed to grow on the wall behind the idols.

This concludes our tour of the indigenous antiquities, questions are welcome but I'm afraid little is known of these artifacts. 

A Corrington soldier has been posted here by Lord Spud to guard these precious objects.

Dear Parliament of Science,

I have recently opened an independent museum in Jameston, Celestia. This will have no admission to visitors and it houses valuable antiquities from a bygone native civilisation.

I am writing to request a legislation for the protection of such artifacts. I suggest a treasure trove act to be proposed in Parliament, having the crown claim any and all owner-less items found - or - the crown claiming any object of precious metal or age over three-hundred years. 

This will protect any valuable artifacts being kept for private display or being sold on any market; it belongs in a museum. 

I hope you will consider my proposal for the furtherance of science and learning,

Your sincerely

Lord Spud

Additional photos:

Spoiler

42274834362_582131fdd8_z.jpg

42274829692_2d69fec631_z.jpg

Treasure Trove Act Scotland

Treasure Trove Act England, Wales and Northern Ireland

I realise these are modern acts, but there is no reason to suggest this legislation could not have been put forward in the BotBS era. The call for these laws has gone back many hundreds of years, aiming to preserve objects that are important to history and culture and should be placed in museums for the public to view.

Edited by Spud The Viking

19 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Nice built this museum ! With thoses artifacts !

Well done... I like this idea very much of this treasure trove act ! :thumbup:

Thanks!

Great little build Spud. The masonry work on the front is very detailed and looks good - maybe a few too many round 1x1s for my taste, but looking good! The yellow and brown upper layer looks fantastic - the protruding windows and 1x1 round brown bricks are real highlights. The crowded interior conveys the atmosphere I think you were going for really well and I like the overall concept. A nice addition to the settlement! Great job!

11 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Great little build Spud. The masonry work on the front is very detailed and looks good - maybe a few too many round 1x1s for my taste, but looking good! The yellow and brown upper layer looks fantastic - the protruding windows and 1x1 round brown bricks are real highlights. The crowded interior conveys the atmosphere I think you were going for really well and I like the overall concept. A nice addition to the settlement! Great job!

Thank you. The front masonry was inspired by this guide.

9 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Nicely done build Spud! Outside detailing is great and that's a splendid collection!

1 hour ago, MOMAtteo79 said:

very enjoyable interior

Thanks!