Hey everyone, my name is Julius, I´m 20 years old from germany and today I want to sohw you my Moc of the BR 03 001.

First some words about the original steamengine:

The Br 03 is the lighter version of the BR 02. Betwen 1930 and 1938 there where build 298 Br 03´s. She goes 130 kilometers per hour and wights about 90 tonns (empty). She is about 24 Meters long und about 4,5 Meters high.

My specific role model was the 03 001 which was build in 1930 in Berlin. Today you can see the lokomotive in the trainmuseum in Dresden.

The Modell:

The modell was my first moc after severell years away from Lego. I planed the moc using the software Stud.io. My main focus was to creat the boiler pursuits (do you call those golden things like that in english?). The wheels are my Big Ben Bricks and it is controlled via bluetooth with the SBrick. The decals are for modell train and where scaled to the correct size. There is a XL motor and light powered by the batterie box. It can run Lego curves and switches. The moc uses about 1000 bricks and is build in 8 wide. It is about 65 Studs long, 13,5 Studs high and weights about 930 gramms. I wrote a whole article about the moc but unfortunatley it is writen in german. When you want some more information I will translate it for you. You can see more Photos at my flickr album:

Since the Link to the Photos is not working... Here it is again:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140425675@N02/albums/72157697173563455

Impressive work. I love the cab side detailing, and the outdoor photography really looks beautiful. I'd love to see her running around on LEGO track, she looks amazing.

Excellent looking model and well presented! The golden stripes are a great detail which adds realism and a nice counter-colour to the black and red.

Do you have any pictures showing how the wheels are connected and how the steering/turning will work? 

And of course: welcome to Eurobricks (and 1000steine)!

Holger 

What a beauty! Always fantastic when new builders show off their work and MOCs like this are simply amazing from any builder, doubly so if it is your first. You clearly put a lot of time into it and it shows. Great use of the throwing disk too.

On 24.5.2018 at 12:25 PM, Man with a hat said:

Oh WOW. And those golden lines in the boiler are amazing!

That was the main reason I build this moc... I just played around with hoe to building these things and was so hyped about the result, that I had to plan a whole lokomotive with it...

On 26.5.2018 at 10:07 AM, HoMa said:

Excellent looking model and well presented! The golden stripes are a great detail which adds realism and a nice counter-colour to the black and red.

Do you have any pictures showing how the wheels are connected and how the steering/turning will work? 

And of course: welcome to Eurobricks (and 1000steine)!

Holger 

Do you mean how I attched the golden wheels? They are put on a technic axel and there are two more for the stability... then you slide on a wheel and then a black boiler part (each one is buil from about 40 single parts to achive the stability)

I plan to do a Video of the Moc runing on Tracks in the next week.

And many thanks for all the kind answers... I´am very happy that you like my moc as much as I do.

I have still something planed with it but this will take some time to realise...

Best greetings from Germany

Julius

Beautiful work, a real pleasure to see those smooth curves and cool details, well done, its an awesome steam locomotive!

On 6/10/2018 at 11:54 PM, rahziel said:

Beautiful work, a real pleasure to see those smooth curves and cool details, well done, its an awesome steam locomotive!

Very nice lokomotiv with so many fine details, good work.