Pentomind

MOC: Display stand with adjustable angle for medium sized aircrafts

Hello !

For my first topic here I would like to share with you a small thing I made that proved itself very useful !

I've had my 31039 sitting at the top of a 2 meters high shelf for a few month now and all I could see all day was the underneath of it. I was quite sad of this because I love this set and it's a very displayable model so I decided to work on a stand to display it.

I wanted it to be :
- As light as possible
- Easy to use with any model
- Made of common parts (actually the few parts I had left available)

- And most important with ADJUSTABLE TILT ANGLE so I can modify the model position depending of how high the model is displayed.

Here is the result :

top_2.jpg

side_2.jpg

front.jpg

The stand is very sturdy and can handle a quite heavy model as long as it is well balanced on the stand.

The model connects thanks to two 1x4 Technic bricks joined by a 2x4 plate :

top_1.jpg

The parts are quite common and the rarest of them is the black 24T (I wanted the stand as black as possible )

Here are some pictures of the stand with the model on display :

jet_side_1.jpg

jet_side_2.jpg

jet_side_3.jpg

jet_front_1.jpg

jet_front_2.jpg

jet_front_3.jpg

jet_top_1.jpg

jet_top_2.jpg

I also tested it with the 75102 and 75175 and both worked fine with the stand !

img_20180516_204304.jpg

I think it can be easily modified to display technic models by replacing the technic bricks with Beams.

I hope you will enjoy this stand, feel free to ask any question or suggest any improvement !

Oh and here is what it looks like on display at the top of the shelf :

img_20180522_081322.jpg

Edited by Pentomind
adding more pictures

Nice! This is definitely something worth having. I'm using non-technic parts for mine so far, but this one really gives the displays dynamic.:classic:

this is really sweet.  would you be able to post a pic of just the bottom part of the stand?  is that part 30260 that allows it to slant?  thanks

13 hours ago, leroyjenkins said:

this is really sweet.  would you be able to post a pic of just the bottom part of the stand?  is that part 30260 that allows it to slant?  thanks

I was not able to identify which part is 30260, but here is a picture of the bottom part :

top_2_-_copie.jpg

and here is a copy of the part list to build this stand (two half bushes are missing from the list) :

pl1.png

pl3.png

Edited by Pentomind
error in part list

Excellent,

I love your stand because it would be useful for my model...

I have encounter problems to make all position of a horse without stand, A horse of 1.5 kg of bricks. 

Do you think it could support it???

thanks and nice post!

On 6/8/2018 at 3:14 AM, Marts25 said:

Excellent,

I love your stand because it would be useful for my model...

I have encounter problems to make all position of a horse without stand, A horse of 1.5 kg of bricks. 

Do you think it could support it???

thanks and nice post!

I'm not sure it could handle the weight of the horse, It's possible that the axle running trough the gear at the bottom twists because of the weight.
Maybe it could work if the horse have two legs on the ground, or if you create a reinforced version of the stand...

Hello,

I know it is an old post, but would you be kind enough to take a picture of the part.

If you have time, please post more close up pictures, I will create an LXF or IO file, and make it available to all

1397978921_top_2_-_copiexx.jpg.6034b974210e3c32fdbd47160a3535e6.jpg

Edited by Personne

Great design. I need couple of those for my planes. Then I will have to worry about cat turning them over.  

On 11/22/2020 at 8:44 PM, Personne said:

Hello,

I know it is an old post, but would you be kind enough to take a picture of the part.

If you have time, please post more close up pictures, I will create an LXF or IO file, and make it available to all

1397978921_top_2_-_copiexx.jpg.6034b974210e3c32fdbd47160a3535e6.jpg

Marked part is 2905 listed in part list

Thank you. 

The purpose of the part 32291 is not shown on the pictures but there actually is one. 

I added this part to be able to easily attach a 1x4 (or 6 or 8) tile using half Technic pins so I can add a label to the stand like the name or reference of the model displayed. 

1 hour ago, emkra said:

I created one using my own stock (not entirely black). It serves the purpose perfectly.

I'm happy to know that it is useful to other people. 

One of my coworkers who is not into lego very much asked for two of them for a x-wing and a tie fighter he bought. 

Don't hesitate to share a picture of your stand with us. 

Display stand in action. For the white & red plane I had to use additional bigger plate.

Stand1.png

Stand2.png

Edited by emkra