26 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

AMS-2 is currently on, if you haven't noticed. It's a friendly, non-prize contest that anyone can enter.

I sorta meant an official contest, no offence to you. They attract more people from the set topics.

@letsbuild I think the AMS-2 contest has a winner all ready team!!!    it will be hard to beat a dragified submarine!!  dang that winner team!! .. if i only had a few hundred dollars!!! 

@Erik Leppen, you reminded me of a quote from a comedy movie here in the states, just in case you missed the tags of this topic, the movie is called “Stripes” with Bill Murray, and the quote is this-

“Alright, lighten up Francis!”  which I say now jokingly and not to offend.

The point of this topic has to do with lightening the mood in general around here as people kept ratcheting up the arguments for or against this and that from all the leaks and pictures we have been pouring over recently. As a matter of fact, you are the only real negative post so far in this thread, and I apologize if my humor missed it’s mark and I understand if you take offense at my attempt at humor, not everyone gets it, but most are having some fun with this.

I respect your point of view, but please, don’t be angry at us for a little levity now and then, ok? And as for introverts, I am one, and I know a lot of other AFOLs who would consider themselves one as well. That we like to play with toys by ourselves is kind of a big clue isn’t it?

Laughter is the best medicine. I was just giving us all a dose. Sorry if was a bit too strong a dose for you. 

If anyone is interested in WWIII... "The Great Brick War" has just gone nuclear...

I have no idea what team I fall onto... But "Team Purist (with the Exception of Third-Party Tires)" officially has it's first member! :rofl:

@Erik Leppen I think the introvertedness has to do with the implication that we (EB members) are all some of those because here we are arguing over all sorts of trivial things over the internet while hiding away in our dark, dank, cave-like basements and attics. :wink:

I'm in team "Lego Technic designers are lazy, and never make working steering wheels any more"

and

team: "All knobs controlling functions, should be cleverly routed to the rear of the vehicle, and not be right at the point of movement"

:D

I had no idea how many “Teams” I would spawn with this topic but it does show the huge diversity of all of us, yet the comradery of Technic that binds us together.  I think it’s time for Team Wait and See to take the field and bring us our answers.  :classic:

9 minutes ago, RohanBeckett said:

I'm in team "Lego Technic designers are lazy, and never make working steering wheels any more"

and

team: "All knobs controlling functions, should be cleverly routed to the rear of the vehicle, and not be right at the point of movement"

:D

Ouch! I felt that burn all the way in the states.:laugh:

Put me in Team “Lego-give-us-a-pneumatics-upgrade-kit-already”

:laugh:

Edited by Bartybum

36 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

@Bartybum, you are getting a new valve... doesn’t that excite you just a little? :classic:

Pffft screw valves I want more pistons and pumps in sets. They’re hardly flaunting the new pneumatics at all and it makes me sad.

Plus, the new one’s nice but it’s enormous

Edited by Bartybum

I love my pneumatics as well. Use them every chance I get. The form factor of the new valve doesn’t excite me unless it is proportional, but sadly I fear it will be just like a PF switch or the old pole reverser... turn 360 degrees and turn off, on direction one, off, on direction two, then back to off. Please let me be wrong.

7 hours ago, sirslayer said:

@letsbuild I think the AMS-2 contest has a winner all ready team!!!    it will be hard to beat a dragified submarine!!  dang that winner team!! .. if i only had a few hundred dollars!!! 

Don't forget there could be other entries that we don't know about yet... Including mine...:wink:

Ha! great topic.. we're all in at least one Team.. I'm in team function and team not another supercar! But i'm mainly in team technic, so its all good :wink:

Did you mention Team Illegal?! I'm not in that one :laugh: if i can make work by bending and twisting, i will!!!

You're right!!! I'm clearly also in Team Doesn't Read What I've Typed!!! I'm a fully paid up member of team Illegal :sweet:

What is funny is I started this thread as a tongue in cheek poke at ourselves and it really has turned into just that, all of us poking fun at all of us.  Really seems to have brightened everyone’s day and mood just a little. But now I’m sounding like a motivational speaker and I hate motivational speakers... Suddely I hate myself and question my entire existence... what am I doing with my life...   I coulda been a contender... wait, what? Oh a new Technic flagship set? Does it have the new PF2 or is it using we-do hardware? Boost!?! No way...

I think i must in 'Team laid back and watching all the angst in the other teams with a wry smile', age does mellow the inner self.

I'd be in the "if only I had some time to build the darn things" Team, except of course I have no time for such membership.

20 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

You forgot Team Anti-Sticker, whose standard I carry with righteous pride. :laugh:

I'll join that team.

Do you have any custom torso stickers so I can customise my own minifigure to declare my membership?

Edited by MAB

1 hour ago, MAB said:

I'll join that team.

Do you have any custom torso stickers so I can customise my own minifigure to declare my membership?

Your heretical ramblings are rejected. Go peel and place far from my hallowed halls. :laugh:

I suspect I am like many others "Team reads much, posts rarely"

Edit: 15th post in 8 years!

Edited by ukbajadave

5 minutes ago, ukbajadave said:

I suspect I am like many others "Team reads much, posts rarely"

Edit: 15th post in 8 years!

Who the bloody hell are you? :grin:

20 hours ago, Bublehead said:

I think the humor is helping lighten the mood as all our expectations and anxieties are running in high gear right now.

Team "It's not powerful enough unless you're stripping gears and snapping pieces" for me, I guess.