Dorayaki

The LEGO Movie 2: References Predictions?

2 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

True, especially regarding the original's quirky vibe; but, Andy Serkis' Caesar was just such an amazing character for me, one that a minifigure for would be incredibly awesome to see in a tie-in set! :blush:

You right.

Not so much a media reference as a fandom reference, but if Benny gets captured the same way Batman does in the trailer, I could definitely picture him saying something along the lines of "Aw, this is why I hate stickers!"

No idea what will be in it, although I'm guessing that the sister will have friends, elves and possibly some female characters from other themes as well. (Maybe some Junior sets?)

And I really hope for some mention of Technic at one point, even in just passing reference! It's a large part of the LEGO Community! For both kids and adults (However for entirely different reasons!)

On 2018/5/24 at 7:23 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Given the predominant role Finn's sister will be playing in this sequel, I definitely think it's safe to say that we will indeed see either the representation of the Friends theme or at least the appearance of some minidoll based characters.

On 2018/6/7 at 1:28 AM, The LEGO Communist said:

No idea what will be in it, although I'm guessing that the sister will have friends, elves and possibly some female characters from other themes as well. 

I think there's a blind spot to make such kind of assumption.

As category 2 said, some of the franchises didn't appear for a reason, but if assuming that "Finn doesn't play with girls' sets" would initiate the following topics:

1) Does it violate the premise of the TLM1 that "all LEGO franchises coexist in the same universe"? And in the realworld canon from the film, wasn't Finn's father supposed to be a completist and have brought minidoll sets into his own collection?

2) Would that fact Finn didn't already bring any minidoll character into his play violate the spirit of the movie that "mixing all LEGO themes together and making best use of imagination"? Instead, does this possibly hinting that boys not touching girls themes is supposed to be a natural habit?

I think Uni-Kitty, despite it can be a gender-friendly franchise, is still a pink-brick in general. Finn might not be that allergic to girls themes.

However based on the fact that minidolls would appear in TLM2, it's very likely that LEGO is gonna talk about the gender play and product orientation issues for this time. To do so, they might have to ignore Friends characters in TLM1 in order to prepare for TLM2 storyline. Although it hasn't ensured that Friends, as well as Elves, would definitely be in TLM2, just hope that the issues above can have a good answer then.

On 2018/5/25 at 6:10 AM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I expect a Doctor from Doctor Who may appear given that the Daleks were in The LEGO Batman Movie, but it won't be 13 as it would have been too early to include her. It'll be the Twelfth Doctor voiced by Peter Capaldi.

Still it has to depend on whether the 13th would be in any physical set considering she's gonna be a very important figure. Otherwise it makes sense for TLM2 to just keep the 12th even if the new series of Doctor has begun then.

34 minutes ago, Dorayaki said:

Still it has to depend on whether the 13th would be in any physical set considering she's gonna be a very important figure. Otherwise it makes sense for TLM2 to just keep the 12th even if the new series of Doctor has begun then.

They wouldn't have had time to record a 13 cameo regardless. The Twelfth Doctor would be the one to show up.

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

They wouldn't have had time to record a 13 cameo regardless. The Twelfth Doctor would be the one to show up.

If there was to be a Doctor it would definitely be 13. It would have been 4/5 months since her series starts, and the BBC have already begun strongly moving away from using the 12th Doctor in merchandise. Peter Capaldi himself has even said he doesn’t want any more action figures made of himself.

45 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

If there was to be a Doctor it would definitely be 13. It would have been 4/5 months since her series starts, and the BBC have already begun strongly moving away from using the 12th Doctor in merchandise. Peter Capaldi himself has even said he doesn’t want any more action figures made of himself.

It can't be 13. Nobody apart from BBC executives, Chris Chibnall and Jodie Whittaker herself even knew who was playing the next Doctor before July last year. LEGO certainly wouldn't have been in the know. How could they have possibly written and shot a cameo for the Thirteenth Doctor without even knowing who 13 is, or what her personality is like? The Twelfth Doctor will have been the current Doctor when The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part was in production, so it's much more likely Peter Capaldi will have been brought in to voice him.

Written?

If anything, we could see a minifigure in the background in a group scene. And all the licensed cameos in The LEGO Movie (Dumbledore, Milhouse, Gandalf, Superman, NBA stars, etc....) were minifigure already released by LEGO

If Doctor Who happens to appear in the movie, which I doubt, would be a minifigure already released by LEGO. There are 2 I think, but I have no idea who they are.

Edited by Robert8

On 6/8/2018 at 12:46 AM, Robert8 said:

If Doctor Who happens to appear in the movie, which I doubt, would be a minifigure already released by LEGO. There are 2 I think, but I have no idea who they are.

Eleventh (Matt Smith) and Twelfth (Peter Capaldi)

(Although the numbers are now technically different to what they were before 2013's 50th anniversary episode, I don't want to go into that now.)

I don't believe this really confirms anything as far as appearances go, but this promotional Turkish Airlines safety video is interesting nonetheless:

I wonder if the pink Classic Space baby might appear in the upcoming movie. They seem like a slightly more original design than many of the other figs in the video.

The news sets from the Lego movie 2 are....

30340 - 2,99

70821 - 19,99

70824 - 19,99

70825 - 39,99

70826 - 29,99

70827 - 29,99

70830 - 49,99 - 495 pcs

70832 - 29,99

70835 - 119,99 Big set

70836 - 19,99 

More movie sets in de summer 2019

On 8/3/2018 at 8:45 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

I don't believe this really confirms anything as far as appearances go, but this promotional Turkish Airlines safety video is interesting nonetheless:

Looks like a sign of hinting TLBM and Ninjago bang are gonna be part of the master builders in the canon, which is not an obscure result. But still hope that new characters are coming instead of more promotion time for DC and Ninjago.

Wonder if Flinstones has a chance this time. It's either that TLC actually had aquired their license with LEGO Dimensions so they had time to include them in TLM2. But if Flinstones is only a late addition to the LEGO family, it has to wait for TBBR then...

Edited by Dorayaki

1 hour ago, Dorayaki said:

Wonder if Flinstones has a chance this time. It's either that TLC actually had aquired their license with LEGO Dimensions so they had time to include them in TLM2.

I'd imagine not, as it may take awhile for the Ideas team to develop and finally unveil the final product; so, by the time February rolls around, I think they'd rather not debut the characters in minifigure form onscreen prematurely. 

2 hours ago, Dorayaki said:

But if Flinstones is only a late addition to the LEGO family, it has to wait for TBBR then...

If that movie does finally roll around... :look: