Sven J

Unauthorized selling of instructions for MOCs

6 hours ago, Duq said:

The easiest solution is to not bring other people's designs to shows... But I do it myself as well. I have Ben's BR23, Holger's BR80 and Blokbricks' BR99 running along with my own trains.

At brick.ie we use 'MOC cards' with a picture of the model and a short description of the model, the builder, how many pieces etc. It's easy to mention the designer if you are displaying models designed by someone else.

I like the idea of the picture of the train.  That way when its running in the layout as opposed to setting on the siding it can still be credited.  

Only issue with my LUG's layout is we rotate where trains are parked several times a show and sometimes rotate trains on and off the tables completely.  

Our layout usually changes (minifigs, vehicles, trains) throughout the day. And we always have something that wasn't there the day before so if you come multiple days you can still see new stuff!

So perhaps a centeral sign would work.

On 5/4/2019 at 12:43 PM, dtomsen said:

I have a different perspective than most others in this thread, as people can download pdf instructions for most of my creations for free online in collaboration with a fellow Danish LUG member who did the instructions.

Honestly, it gives me more satisfaction knowing that people like my creations enough that the want to build them themselves than the pride of owning something unique. After all, I can just make a new one at anytime if that is what I want. I’m very much into the sharing mentality.

I am doing the same thing thing - making my LDD-designs online and available for everyone.

At least four or five people made their trains following my designs - Koncar suburban EMU I never built for real just in LDD was built by a Danish AFOL, my GySEV Vectron, GySEV IC car, Stadler FLIRT was already built by others but these people asked for permission to build and don't sell my FREE design for MONEY to others.

I will always strongly ACT against people who are trying to sell MY work I share for FREE with others.

And yes, it is the statisfaction, that people build my designs... but it is annoying if they are selling it.

Edited by Ashi Valkoinen

4 hours ago, Ashi Valkoinen said:

will always strongly ACT against people who are trying to sell MY work I share for FREE with others.
And yes, it is the statisfaction, that people build my designs... but it is annoying if they are selling it.

And that's the whole point.
Ask kindly for LDD or Stud.io files, build for your own pleasure, and you're most welcome.
Try to make money with my models, or pretend you have designed them by yourself, and I'll have nothing but contempt.