leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

On 10/10/2019 at 11:21 PM, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s been cancelled months ago, apparently :sceptic:

Where is the source for this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FastFlash said:

Where is the source for this? 

The source is EB's very own @Puresh :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The source is EB's very own @Puresh :wink:

Yikes. I really liked this theme. Hopefully, at least the sets that were supposed to come out in January do indeed come out... somehow. 

Edited by FastFlash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

When to wait for images of sets 2020 ?

Apparently, they've been canned due to poor sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, does anyone know any Overwatch sets going on sale at retail stores? (Not online) Really want to get 75972 and 75973 before they get discontinued. (I don't want to make the same miskate with the BrickHeadz, have a fear of missing out!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LuigiBobLegoPants said:

Hey, does anyone know any Overwatch sets going on sale at retail stores? (Not online) Really want to get 75972 and 75973 before they get discontinued. (I don't want to make the same miskate with the BrickHeadz, have a fear of missing out!)

You can always try the Lego store if there is one in your local area. From the previous messages on this forum, it looks like they're gonna be exclusively sold by Lego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LuigiBobLegoPants said:

Hey, does anyone know any Overwatch sets going on sale at retail stores? (Not online) Really want to get 75972 and 75973 before they get discontinued. (I don't want to make the same miskate with the BrickHeadz, have a fear of missing out!)

I’d say Amazon’s your best bet. (I got Watchpoint: Gibraltar for 20% off) If online really isn’t an option, try GameStop? I don’t know about other countries but the Overwatch sets have been at Ebgames (Aussie GameStop).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 1:25 AM, Lego-Freak said:

The source is EB's very own @Puresh :wink:

I never said the theme was cancelled, just those named sets we heard about :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the Overwatch 2 announcement just around the corner, I wouldn't be surprised if Lego cancelled the winter sets to focus on products for that instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Puresh said:

I never said the theme was cancelled, just those named sets we heard about :wink:

Just when I lost all hope for the future of the theme you pull me back in. 

Blizzcon is only a week away, maybe we'll get more info there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 6:35 AM, Wonkyeye1 said:

Just when I lost all hope for the future of the theme you pull me back in. 

Blizzcon is only a week away, maybe we'll get more info there!

I was just thinking the same. I'm really hoping somehow those sets get released. If the rumors were true, it'd be a shame for Lego to have prepared those sets only to not release them, even if that makes complete sense from a business point of view if the theme was underperforming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Overwatch 2 is here and real, guys.

Here's the question: are we getting the other heroes/villains in their original design, or it's all based on the sequel? My bet is maybe both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN’s article on Overwatch 2 talks about a mission where 4 characters go on a mission in Rio de Janeiro. That sounds like a good fit with the “Rio Battle” set name from a while back.

I know @Puresh said those sets were cancelled but maybe some of them carried over to a new wave?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

ESPN’s article on Overwatch 2 talks about a mission where 4 characters go on a mission in Rio de Janeiro. That sounds like a good fit with the “Rio Battle” set name from a while back.

I know @Puresh said those sets were cancelled but maybe some of them carried over to a new wave?

We'll just have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would seem that, with the reveal of Overwatch 2, perhaps people can be hyped for more Overwatch, and require new LEGO sets.

A lot of what was seen in the reveal trailer seems to match up well with the leaked names. Wonder what the deal is with all this "cancellation" business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, PenPlays said:

It would seem that, with the reveal of Overwatch 2, perhaps people can be hyped for more Overwatch, and require new LEGO sets.

A lot of what was seen in the reveal trailer seems to match up well with the leaked names. Wonder what the deal is with all this "cancellation" business.

Yeah both the Rio Battle and Omnic Titan names seem to line up perfectly with what we've seen so far. Hopefully we officially find out what the future holds for the theme soon. (maybe even at Blizzcon?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 1:21 PM, Wonkyeye1 said:

Yeah both the Rio Battle and Omnic Titan names seem to line up perfectly with what we've seen so far. Hopefully we officially find out what the future holds for the theme soon. (maybe even at Blizzcon?)

Hopefully...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.