leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Vindice said:

Very good points. Volskaya would be an attractive option for TLG but although Zarya and Sombra are obvious choices I don’t see them making a set based upon just those two. 

I think Orisa is likely here. 

Not unless it includes Reaper and Widowmaker, too.

Zusammengebaut described that it was sand green, however. Might just be a minifig scale Bastion for all we know. Heck it could also be Orisa, but I can't see it being a Svyatogor, as they're primarily gray and white.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:46 PM, Lego-Freak said:

Quite weird that Overwatch was present while Harry Potter, Marvel, Jurassic World and Minecraft weren't...

Blizzard has never been too over the top when it comes to confidentiality. They also have nothing to hide, as the sets are based off of content that has been out for quite some time.

Edited by Penkid11

I'm doubtful 'droid' refers to Bastion, I'm thinking either Hammond or Orisa. Hoping for the bike set to include Ashe, but think it is more likely roadhog and junkrat.

Due to the amount of time needed to design and develop sets and considering Ashe has only been out a few months I find her inclusion to be less likely unfortunately. 

Orisa is also a common ingame choice of character especially when paired with Bastion. Don’t the summer wave usually surface around end of May? Be nice if they coincide with the anniversary event.

I really hope "Droid" is Volskaya Industries, and not another large buildable thing. UCS-ish Bastion was cool, but to those of us who are trying to do Overwatch stuff in minifigure layouts, it's completely useless, and I'd rather not have one of apparently only two summer Overwatch sets be something that I can't possibly make part of my layout - especially since I would dearly love to try adapting and expanding a hypothetical Volskaya Industries Mech/frame set into a Modular industrial warehouse-type building.

But anyway. Getting back to the Mercy debacle, has anyone considered the Zuzanu Latt face from the Imperial Patrol Battle Pack for Mercy? It's single sided, so she'd be perpetually angry, but it's pretty much a dead ringer - and it has the face strap, so it at least emulates the black latex around her head. Non-purists could even get some paint and 'fill in' the strap to cover her cheeks?

Edited by Feng-huang0296

Just saw that LEGO Xtra pack with mainly stickers and some parts to apply them to, does anyone else think that could be a way to get more Overwatch stuff into LEGO form? Particularly sprays could be packaged into a LEGO sticker pack, alongside some cute little extras like brick-built Pachimaris. 

Also was curious with the whole Orisa discussion, I feel like it's near impossible to make a good minifigure scaled Orisa so is it likely to be like either of the Bastion builds? 

Great shout on the Lego extra stickers. I think the sprays would be a perfect fit for this. Sprays are a popular part of games nowadays and this would be a fun way to get them.

i think Orisa would be dVa / Rheinhardt scale. I got the BlizzCon Bastion and it goes superbly with the figures.  The large bastion had to be big to allow for the transformations into tank and turret form. 

Got to say I loved the sets. Kids have already built an extension for Hanamura.

2 minutes ago, Ragana9289 said:

When should we wait for the images of the sets ?

We'll probably see the summer sets at New York toy fair this weekend.

So here my second try to get an answer; if anyone has the information:
Will sets actually be available in normal stores in Europe? Or just special Lego stores? Or even just online?

Well, I know they're Amazon exclusives in Australia. Which is very very annoying. I mean, I'll still get them, but not being on shelves makes it harder. I'm not sure if they really at the official Lego shop yet, but I'm headed out there tomorrow so I'll find out.

9 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

So here my second try to get an answer; if anyone has the information:
Will sets actually be available in normal stores in Europe? Or just special Lego stores? Or even just online?

They are exclusives to certain retailers in most (if not all countries in Europe.)

in the UK they are an Argos exclusive but you can also get them from Lego.com and Amazon. 

Hey, does anyone else think that Woody's new hat/hair combo mole would be good for McCree? Not perfect but better than what's in the official set?

Just finished building D.Va & Reinhardt...they are some of the best official mech builds I’ve seen. It’s hard to say which one I like more, as they’re both great. I built D.Va first, as I really like the shape & form of her mech, but then I built Reinhardt & it’s equally fantastic. 

I also have Hanzo vs. Genji & Dorado Showdown. I have no real clue who these people are, but they sure look great as minifigures. 

Has there been any word on a CMF wave for Overwatch? I feel like that would have a lot of appeal and be the best way to get each character (plus alternate skins) out there.

36 minutes ago, Relena Warcraft said:

Has there been any word on a CMF wave for Overwatch? I feel like that would have a lot of appeal and be the best way to get each character (plus alternate skins) out there.

As much as I'd love it, there's no word on one happening and I doubt it's a big enough theme to warrant a series. We'll just have to hope the theme lasts long enough to give us most of the characters.

29 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

As much as I'd love it, there's no word on one happening and I doubt it's a big enough theme to warrant a series. We'll just have to hope the theme lasts long enough to give us most of the characters.

I just want Moira goshdangit. She's my main and hardly gets any merchandise.

19 minutes ago, Relena Warcraft said:

I just want Moira goshdangit. She's my main and hardly gets any merchandise.

Hey man me too! Love to see other Moira mains. I'd really like to get her but since she was only added a little over a year a go I'm worried she might not make the cut. i could see LEGO only doing the original 21 heroes.

BUT since most of the sets have a hero vs villain theme I could maybe see her being pushed up since there aren't that many villains in the game.

I honestly don't understand even the expectation  of "only" the original 21 characters. It was a big decision to do all 13 Dwarfs from "the hobbit" and at least all members of the fellowship of the ring. We never got Eowyn, Faramir, the Witchking, Sauron, Thrain, Thror or a Balrog - just to name a few very important characters. Simpsons doesn't have Lenny, Carl, Skinner and many more who would have been appropriate unlike Moe and Barney. Look how many SW and HP-Characters are missing. Lego never cared about completion for collectors. Lego will produce OW play sets as long as they sell well. I can't see a OW cmf happen.

A Cmf would be a wasted oportunity for Lego. Lego only does 3 serieses per year. One regular one, two licenced. At least one of them was always filled with a lego movie the last years and as far as i know a new one called "Billion brick race" is going to be released next year or did i miss something? If Lego could make a second Harry Potter series, a third Disney, Looney Toons or so many other (just speaking about the number of fans who will likely buy everything they can get) stronger licences i highly doubt Overwatch will be chosen.

One other big argument for my assumption is that Overwatch is great to do play sets while many other licences are not. The sweet mechs will also interest Kids who don't play the game. Which Sets could you do for example with Looney Toons except maybe the Road Runner with a picture of a road printed on a panel to run against it? Same for Hans Moleman, Patty and Selma, the characters from nightmare before christmas or chip&chap.

Edited by Gorilla94

7 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

At least one of them was always filled with a lego movie the last years and as far as i know a new one called "Billion brick race" is going to be released next year or did i miss something?

It was originally slated for May of this year, but as we approached that date, it seemed less likely the closer we got. As of the time of this post on the film's IMDb page, there is no longer any release date at all:look:

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It was originally slated for May of this year, but as we approached that date, it seemed less likely the closer we got. As of the time of this post on the film's IMDb page, there is no longer any release date at all:look:

Thank you :/ That's sad. 

4 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

Thank you :/ That's sad. 

I don't think it automatically implies that the film is dead, only that it's on indefinite hold until it finds a director at least. :def_shrug: