leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

On 8/22/2019 at 8:48 PM, doclord said:

You know, is there any chance of a CMF for this series to get the remaining heroes? 

As big of a chance as me marrying Margot Robbie 

2 hours ago, Puresh said:

As big of a chance as me marrying Margot Robbie 

...or eating a Joyce Byers minifig :tongue:

I‘m just kidding :grin: Of course I believe your intel, but I‘m still sad that the theme has been cancelled. This is especially bitter after we‘ve heard some of the set names.

If themes or individual sets are cancelled, I‘d rather not have any details on what they would‘ve been. It‘s a lot less disappointing that way :cry_happy:

So a new in-game event just started in Overwatch where you can unlock a LEGO inspired skin for Bastion! Pretty cool little collaboration between LEGO and Blizzard.

I guess the fight is not over yet. I'm still convinced we will get the sets.

btw, the Bastion skin is very curious. It's like an early model of the Bastion set. It's the same size as the set (a ltlle bigger), but it's very different. I guess Blizzard had to change some pieces and shapes to use the exact same hitbox.

Jang put up his review of the Wrecking Ball set. I think this is the best Overwatch set yet to be honest. It folds up into ball mode really well and I love the little feature where Hammond can lower down into the mech. Can't wait to pick this one up next week!

Never played Overwatch in my life but I love the character designs. I've resisted picking up any of the sets so far (the awful Mercy minifigure helped), but the Wrecking Ball and Roadhog sets are really tempting me...

The toystores in my town said that the new Overwatch sets are canceled. Are these two exclusives?

6 hours ago, zero1312 said:

The toystores in my town said that the new Overwatch sets are canceled. Are these two exclusives?

Depends on your region.

For the US, they'll be available everywhere.

On 9/30/2019 at 10:54 AM, hachiroku said:

Will be the new sets avaible in Lego stores in Europe?

In Lego stores, yes. Not anywhere else though 

I was going to invest in the minifigures IF they had released more characters. They didn't release my mains (Mei and Torb) and the LEGO sets seem to be dying officially after these next two sets. It's too bad...

HOW NO MEI!?

It confuses me since Overwatch just had that Bastion Brick Challenge as a cross promotion with Lego, so it would seem odd to cancel it after just advertising the partnership recently...

Picked up both of the new sets today. Junkrat and Roadhog is great, love the bike build and the figs are insanely detailed.

But wow, Wrecking Ball might be one of my favourite sets ever. So much detail packed into such a cheap set. Hammond himself is perfect and I love the small feature that lets you lower him down into the mech for ball mode. Really hoping the line continues somehow next year.

On 10/3/2019 at 9:52 AM, BrickG said:

I was going to invest in the minifigures IF they had released more characters. They didn't release my mains (Mei and Torb) and the LEGO sets seem to be dying officially after these next two sets. It's too bad...

HOW NO MEI!?

Just imagine a small set like Hamond's, with Mei and a big Snowball. It would be really cool.

On 10/3/2019 at 10:18 AM, Changbricks said:

It confuses me since Overwatch just had that Bastion Brick Challenge as a cross promotion with Lego, so it would seem odd to cancel it after just advertising the partnership recently...

It kind of makes sense to look at the recent marketing push as a last ditch effort. If it had been advertised like this from the start, we probably wouldn't be in this situation...

Very interested now to see if Lego will go forward with a Mei set considering her becoming a sort of protest symbol and Lego's very long desire for the Chinese market. Everyone else seems to be caving to their censorship demands.

41 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

Very interested now to see if Lego will go forward with a Mei set considering her becoming a sort of protest symbol and Lego's very long desire for the Chinese market. Everyone else seems to be caving to their censorship demands.

Pretty sure they won't have to worry seeing as it looks like they cut the theme months ago.

4 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

So with the recent Blizzard controversy. Does that mean the Overwatch theme will be cancelled?

It‘s been cancelled months ago, apparently :sceptic:

5 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

So with the recent Blizzard controversy. Does that mean the Overwatch theme will be cancelled?

But Lego would have done the same choice as Blizzard.

There are companies that really want to be like Disney, always trying to stay away from controversies & touchy subjects (which of course sometimes backfires, since you sometimes just have to pick a side, because not picking a side backfires as well). Lego & Blizzard are pretty much on the same level as for censorship (Lego is for kids so it's rather normal, but Blizzard, I never got it. I don't understand why people keep massing up playing games in which things like "GG EZ" get censored).
In any case I'm very happy that it backfired hard for them.

Overwatch I think was already dying (in LEGO form) and honestly, I'm probably boycotting Blizzard now (I play WoW sometimes and just pre-ordered WarCraft 3 remastered like a week ago...). I probably cannot let myself get Overwatch LEGO too.

Oh well! I wasn't going to get MEI or TORB or the other characters as minifigures anyways due to the line's poor sales.

On 10/11/2019 at 12:21 AM, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s been cancelled months ago, apparently :sceptic:

Why is so many themes that have cool minifigs and interesting builds always get ignored and die or canned? (i.e. Avatar, Scooby-Doo, etc.)