leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

Here are my predictions for these set rumors if the theme continues in 2020.

Orisa & Efi could additionally include Efi's workshop is Numbani. Doomfist has a likely to low chance of appearing as an antagonist.

Rio Battle could be based on Rio De Janeiro with a high chance of including Lucio, Symmetra and maybe Sanjay idk, but if it's Rialto it could be based on Retribution and include Blackwatch Gabriel Reyes (Reaper pre fall of Overwatch), Blackwatch McCree, Blackwatch Genji, Blackwatch Moira, Antonio and maybe some Talon henchmen (Trooper, Heavy, Assassin, Sniper).

Omnic Titan has a high chance of being based on Torbjorn's digital comic "Destroyer", so the most likely minifigures are Torbjorn and his Ironclad guild rival Sven. If LEGO is generous maybe they can add in Brigitte, idk.

Talon Jet, could be based on the jet from Widowmaker's short "Alive", in that case it would include Widowmaker, Tracer, maybe Mondatta, one of his guards and possibly a Talon pilot. But best case scenario would be that it isn't based on the Alive short and includes Reaper, Widowmaker, Doomfist, Sombra, Moira, Sigma and a Talon Pilot, another possible minifigure addition could be Maximillien. These minifigures I listed for the set are all possible.

These are basically my takes on these sets. You can expand upon my prediction.

Edited by Mister_Loki

9 minutes ago, Mister_Loki said:

Talon Jet, could be based on the jet from Widowmaker's short "Alive", in that case it would include Widowmaker, Tracer, maybe Mondatta, one of his guards and possibly a Talon pilot. But best case scenario would be that it isn't based on the Alive short and includes Reaper, Widowmaker, Doomfist, Sombra, Moira, Sigma and a Talon Pilot, another possible minifigure addition could be Maximillien. These minifigures I listed for the set are all possible.

These are basically my takes on these sets. You can expand upon my prediction.

The comics also had Doomfist in the jet at some points. So I think it’s likely Doomfist would be in the Talon Jet. Assuming these sets actually are happening, which I really hope they are.

13 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

The comics also had Doomfist in the jet at some points. So I think it’s likely Doomfist would be in the Talon Jet. Assuming these sets actually are happening, which I really hope they are.

You've given another possible theory for the Talon Jet to be based on Doomfist's comic "Masquerade". Since Doomfist is seen entering the jet in the beginning of the comic.

With this theory the possible minifigures are Reaper, Doomfist, Sombra, Widowmaker, Maximilien, Moira and possibly a Pilot.

Edited by Mister_Loki

On 8/9/2019 at 7:51 PM, Mister_Loki said:

With this theory the possible minifigures are Reaper, Doomfist, Sombra, Widowmaker, Maximilien, Moira and possibly a Pilot. 

Please don't end the line with no Torb and Brig figs...

10 minutes ago, hiroki said:

Please don't end the line with no Torb and Brig figs...

If we do end up getting the 2020 sets, I'd put money on at least Torb appearing in the Omnic Titan set.

In other news, FalconFan hinted on his Instagram yesterday that Overwatch may not be cancelled yet, take from that what you will.

16 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

In other news, FalconFan hinted on his Instagram yesterday that Overwatch may not be cancelled yet, take from that what you will.

Hooray, so all hope isn't lost yet after all :moar:

I'm still convinced we will get the sets. Overwatch is too big for Blizzard to stop all the toy lines after a year.

PS: Roadhog fig leaked, it's as amazing. I was afraid the print wouldn't look as good as the official pics but it does. The best Overwatch figure by far.

Edited by hachiroku

So I had a thought, Overwatch 2 is heavily rumored at the moment and could be revealed at Blizzcon this November. If the rumors are true, do you guys think LEGO could be keeping the theme alive for now to see if it gets a boost in popularity when the sequel is announced/released?

4 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

So I had a thought, Overwatch 2 is heavily rumored at the moment and could be revealed at Blizzcon this November.

Is Overwatch even a game that gets a sequel? Doesn't it exist as a live service with consistent updates?

19 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Is Overwatch even a game that gets a sequel? Doesn't it exist as a live service with consistent updates?

The current rumors are that the sequel will be a more story focused, player vs. everyone type game. That way the current game can continue with its live competitive multiplayer service at the same time.

Again this is all just rumors and I could be completely off base here.

23 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

The current rumors are that the sequel will be a more story focused, player vs. everyone type game. That way the current game can continue with its live competitive multiplayer service at the same time.

That'd make sense, a lot of Overwatch's fanbase is based around the characters. Seems weird to make a whole new game for that though.

When I said these sets were cancelled, I meant it. And that even goes for the ones with names. That doesn't mean that the line is over though, but don't speculate over sets that I can guarantee aren't going to happen please - it's just gonna give you expectations for something that won't happen 

On 8/16/2019 at 7:46 AM, Puresh said:

When I said these sets were cancelled, I meant it. And that even goes for the ones with names. That doesn't mean that the line is over though, but don't speculate over sets that I can guarantee aren't going to happen please - it's just gonna give you expectations for something that won't happen 

I thought you said to take your rumor with a grain of salt, instead of a guarantee?

17 hours ago, Carbonphoss said:

I thought you said to take your rumor with a grain of salt, instead of a guarantee?

That was back then, now I can guarantee it

Edited by Puresh

1 minute ago, Puresh said:

That was back then, now I can guarantee it

I assume your source has been reliable in the past? If so, I really hope they‘re wrong this time :sadnew:

35 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I assume your source has been reliable in the past? If so, I really hope they‘re wrong this time :sadnew:

I wouldn't say "guaranteed" if I wasn't 100% sure, with hard info from quite a lot of sources. That being said, I'd reread my message from Friday again, but closely

Just now, Puresh said:

I wouldn't say "guaranteed" if I wasn't 100% sure, with hard info from quite a lot of sources. That being said, I'd reread my message from Friday again, but closely

You've been reliable in the past, so as much as I hate to say it, I trust you and your source on this one. 

However I did notice that little hint in your original message about the sets being cancelled but the line itself not being over. Care to elaborate/give any hints as to what that could mean?

23 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

How can the line continue if the sets are cancelled? :wacko: Brickheadz don‘t count :tongue:

Yeah, unfortunate as it is, if the line is truly cancelled but still is living on in some way, it’s probably going to be Brickheadz. That’s really the only way that dead themes or old licenses can make any sort of comeback, now that Dimensions is gone...

It could be that Lego is going to try something new, they might just be ditching conventional sets. Honestly it would be great if they just packaged a minifigure with a small build and sold them individually. Mega Construx sells characters individually, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Lego try that out.

On 8/16/2019 at 4:11 PM, Wonkyeye1 said:

If I remember correctly, the engine they used for Overwatch wasn't good enough for PvE content, and that's why the PvE events have been so "simple" (but to be honest, I think they were good enough, the last one was bad but because it was a rehash of Retribution and very short). Maybe they want to add vehicles and that kind of stuff, I don't know.

I think a sequel so soon makes sense. Overwatch was very rushed, and it was made out of the project Titan.

EDIT: Hmmm, what if the sets are not cancelled but delayed to the release of Overwatch 2?

Edited by hachiroku

8 hours ago, strangely said:

It could be that Lego is going to try something new, they might just be ditching conventional sets. Honestly it would be great if they just packaged a minifigure with a small build and sold them individually. Mega Construx sells characters individually, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Lego try that out.

I agree, I don't think big sets like Watchpoint Gibraltar were ever going to sell well. LEGO should've focused on small sets like Tracer vs Widowmaker and Hanzo vs Genji, as well as mid sized display piece sets like Bastion and D.Va. Individual figure packs would be amazing but I don't see them ever doing that.

30 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

If I remember correctly, the engine they used for Overwatch wasn't good enough for PvE content, and that's why the PvE events have been so "simple" (but to be honest, I think they were good enough, the last one was bad but because it was a rehash of Retribution and very short). Maybe they want to add vehicles and that kind of stuff, I don't know.

I think a sequel so soon makes sense. Overwatch was very rushed, and it was made out of the project Titan.

EDIT: Hmmm, what if the sets are not cancelled but delayed to the release of Overwatch 2?

I really want to wait and see if @Puresh has anything else to say about the theme's future, but I do think Overwatch 2 could have something to do with it. I also think that Harry Potter could have something to do with it, because with the 4 sets coming in 2020, the Harry Potter set numbers will have caught up with the first wave of Overwatch sets. Just an observation, not sure what effect that would have on Overwatch.

41 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

I also think that Harry Potter could have something to do with it, because with the 4 sets coming in 2020, the Harry Potter set numbers will have caught up with the first wave of Overwatch sets. Just an observation, not sure what effect that would have on Overwatch.

I don't think Set numbers will ever be an issue, they'll find some space somewhere.

Nexo Knights skipped to using the 72001-72006 for it's final wave of 6 sets, while the first 4 waves all used numbers in the 703xx range, meanwhile, many themes have occupied the 704xx range recently, from 2013 castle to 2015 pirates followed by 2019 Hidden Side.

2020 Overwatch moved to the 769xx range, while 2019 uses the 759xx range. So nowhere near Harry Potter or any other theme anymore. (closest is 76138 Batman and The Joker Escape) 

There's room for hundreds of sets in the 76xxx range still.

I used this as a guide for set numbers of currently released sets https://lego.fandom.com/wiki/Category:70000_sets 

Edited by TeriXeri

You know, is there any chance of a CMF for this series to get the remaining heroes? 

While it is sad if the line got cancelled, it really does feel like there aren't THAT many things to build in the whole series, and what we got was pretty good. Besides Orisa it feels like every other hero could just come individually in a small pack.

Edited by doclord