leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, hachiroku said:

If it's about a budget thing, I prefer the Overwatch theme this way. The game doesn't have an insane amount of content, so it's better to have 2 sets well made than 7 with no printed pieces or without new molds.

I'd be happy with the next wave being just a set with Mei and a big Snowball and Torbjorn (with Brigitte, maybe?) with a big turret, like the one from reddit

Honestly if LEGO were to use the same 2 wave structure next year, I think it's highly likely the two-set second wave could be what you proposed. A $20 set that's a big Snowball with Mei and a bigger set with Brig and Torb that's a big turret, call it something like "The Lindholm Workshop". Plus between the 8 sets I think we could get figs for every hero currently in the game.

REALLY hoping this theme continues. 

I kind of feel like Junkrat should have had a dual moulded orange and flesh arm but oh well. I can just use one of the Brickforge Vambraces for that arm.

Not really a fan of the characters for the new sets, but they still look pretty good. Heres hoping there will be a third wave.

1 hour ago, number42 said:

I do not understand german well, but from the translation it doesn't seem like good news. If i got correctly, the OW sets are not selling well.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-overwatch-set-verschwinden-freien-handel/83807

(I got the bad feeling that the new 2 sets will be the last wave :sad: )

Yeah I don't like the sound of this at all. Hopefully we get at least one more wave to finish off the main heroes, but I have a feeling this theme could go the way of Lord of the Rings and end before we can get all the main characters & locations.

I kind of expected Overwatch to fail. It seemed really niche as a theme. Especially because Overwatch as a game peaked on it's popularity a while ago and is no-where near as popular as it was or other games on the market. Shame to see this theme go though.

According to the leaks regarding setnumbers for 2020 we will get 6 new Overwatch sets (76978 - 76983 with codenames Low 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6). FalconFan has them on his Instagram if people want to know more themes. 

Was just typing my thoughts on the Promobricks article when the leaks popped up. I think that an explanation for poor sales from other retailers would be that the target audience for this theme (generally)  don't shop at toy stores and have instead been buying online, hence Lego's descision to sell the sets to consumers directly. 

With the leaking of more set numbers for Overwatch, I am optimistic that this theme will continue further. If the rumours concerning Overwatch as a franchise as a whole turn out to be true, I think that there is no reason to be worried about the fate of the Lego sets.

Regarding the article: I don't think Lego making this theme a S@H/Lego certified shop exclusive is that bad. The target audience is different than other themes and they're selling it through certain retailers as exclusives for the first half year anyway. Yea, you won't get a good discount, but this way there at least are sets available. 

I don't know if this completely proves the line is done. I mean, these are just early set name leaks, we don't know if they've gone into production at all. It's also not like we have never seen sets get named and then killed based on poor sales for a line. I'm hopefully optimistic, at least I'll be able to get the first wave cheaper if they don't sell well from stores. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The future of this theme was pretty up in the air but I’m happy to see it continue with 6 new sets, whatever capacity that may be (LEGO ship exclusive or whatnot). This consistently pumps out decent to great builds with amazingly detailed mini fires and bigfigs, so I’m happy to see it continue.

Well, good and bad news today for the Lego Overwatch. I don't know how to feel.

I hope Lego puts more healers in this third wave.

There only being 2 sets in the next wave was very telling.

And they haven't made a Mei or Torb minifigure....

I don't want to be a negative nancy, but just because there's 6 supposed sets releasing next year doesn't mean they'll release. Remeber the CCBS Star Wars Super Battle Droid and Walker? Those were in the retailer catalogue and never got released.

Still, I do hope there's more. Even tough LEGO definitively missed the mark when to release the sets (and the occasional horrible printing) I do enjoy the overwatch sets.

Has anyone noticed an upping in ads for Lego Overwatch? Maybe it was just because of my search history, but I consistently see AD's for the line on Twitch now.

You can take this with a grain of salt, but my sources told me that the line is canceled after the release of the two 2019 sets in october due to poor sales figures. The six 2020 sets are therefore canceled. He's never wrong about what he tells me so the upcoming two sets are probably the last. 

1 hour ago, Hoth Rebel said:

You can take this with a grain of salt, but my sources told me that the line is canceled after the release of the two 2019 sets in october due to poor sales figures. The six 2020 sets are therefore canceled. He's never wrong about what he tells me so the upcoming two sets are probably the last. 

I seriously hope your sources are wrong about this, but sadly all the evidence points at the theme not doing too well :sad: What we got was great, but it‘d still be nice to get a final wave... Nonetheless keeping my fingers crossed :purrr:

1 hour ago, Hoth Rebel said:

I REALLY hope your source is wrong this time around, it'd really suck to get excited about 6 new sets only to be told that we're not actually getting them. Hopefully some other people with inside sources can provide some input on the topic so we don't have to wait and cross our fingers for too long before we get confirmation.

7 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Hmmm, I don't know. I think they're pushing this theme recently with more ads and the Ideas contest.

14 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Hmmm, I don't know. I think they're pushing this theme recently with more ads and the Ideas contest.

Also an Overwatch / Lego championship all over their social media.
It could be seen that this is a last ditch effort to push stock, but it seems like they're very committed to this theme.

On 7/26/2019 at 1:55 PM, Wonkyeye1 said:

I REALLY hope your source is wrong this time around, it'd really suck to get excited about 6 new sets only to be told that we're not actually getting them. Hopefully some other people with inside sources can provide some input on the topic so we don't have to wait and cross our fingers for too long before we get confirmation.

I heard from three independent sources that this last wave is sadly canceled, so yeah, it's not just his source 

11 minutes ago, Puresh said:

I heard from three independent sources that this last wave is sadly canceled, so yeah, it's not just his source 

Ah. Well, that is extremely disappointing. I guess Overwatch will join Lord of the Rings in my list of awesome themes that ended too soon.

Thanks for the confirmation though, saves me from having to worry about whether the theme is cancelled or not for the next couple months