leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

WOW great day with these and the new Endgame set revealed back to back.

These two sets are FANTASTIC! The builds are great and accurate and the figures are outstanding. I can’t even tell how many new molds there are! Only disappointing thing is the lack of other heroes, let’s hope for a Wave 3!

My sentiments exactly. I was really hoping for one other hero with Wrecking Ball. Doomfist would have been doable . . 

I'm definitely getting both of these, though, bring on Wave 3!

4 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

My sentiments exactly. I was really hoping for one other hero with Wrecking Ball. Doomfist would have been doable . . 

I'm definitely getting both of these, though, bring on Wave 3!

Since these two sets are Junkertown themed, maybe future waves (if we get them) will follow themes as well. If that’s the case, bring on the Talon wave 3 with Doomfist, Moira and Sombra!

1 hour ago, JasonEffex said:

Wow, both sets look fantastic! Roadhog has got to be one of the most detailed bigfigs ever made, tons of new moulds just for that one set. I also really like the inclusion of the pachimari.

Wrecking ball also looks good, not sure if the sand green is the most accurate colour they could have chosen but the transformation function looks very well done at least. The Hammond figure also looks very cute.

Wrecking Ball has a weird colour in the game. It looks dark grey most of the times, but it looks greenish-grey too. I don't know if sand green is the best choice, but definetely not a bad one. It looks very good in that colour.

I could be wrong, but it looks like Roadhog's head is actually a separate minifigure head. On the top of the box art his face is looking straight forward, but in the front picture his head is turned slightly to the side, plus in one of the closeups you can actually see his neck below the hairpiece. Overall I really love these two sets.

Hopefully we got one more wave after this. I still really need Mei and Torbjorn. Sombra would be welcomed too.

I thought they were going to use the Ghost-rider hair for Junkrat, I honestly think it might have looked better because of the way that piece can mould plastics (we could get the orange hair bits) although I'm glad we get a new and detachable piece.

I love the new sets. I've gotta know your opinion on Roadhog. To me it looks like his head is in a slightly different pose on each picture. Could this be the first moveable big fig head? What do you guys think?

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

I love the new sets. I've gotta know your opinion on Roadhog. To me it looks like his head is in a slightly different pose on each picture. Could this be the first moveable big fig head? What do you guys think?

I think you've forgotten about Killow from Ninjago Winter 2018. 

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

I think you've forgotten about Killow from Ninjago Winter 2018. 

Yeah I was just about to edit my post. I think you're right it's probably a minifigure head on a bigfig body like Killow. I wished it was a bigfig head but I still love him

Sets do look good, and choosing other heroes first is a good.

They shouldn't start repeats(or skins) until later.

Edited by TeriXeri

And now I have to be patient to get that giant hook of Roadhog’s for Lobo to wield. Really not a fan of Overwatch as I don’t have the game and know nothing about it all, but these sets are really good. As a DC fan I’m jealous of the quality, the variety and the general look of the sets.

Is there anyone hip to Blizzard who knows what the little white flower with a face in the Junkertown sign is? It seems like a specific reference to something, since Lego went to the expense of creating a print for it . . ?

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Is there anyone hip to Blizzard who knows what the little white flower with a face in the Junkertown sign is? It seems like a specific reference to something, since Lego went to the expense of creating a print for it . . ?

It’s an onion and squid hybrid creature called Pachimari.

Edited by skelliesgang

I find the Junkrat set beautiful! I really like that their weapons are brickbuilt (Hog's gun, the grenade launcher, the trap and the mine), and the Pachimari is nice little addition from the OW universe.

But I'm a little dissappointed the there is no other character with Wrecking Ball, a Lúcio or Ana or any simple character would be welcome.

Also, does anybody have any idea what is that (maybe 4x4) dish with a 'pyramid' piece on it in the Wrecking ball set? (It's shown when the set is displayed on a table)

Edited by number42

56 minutes ago, number42 said:

Also, does anybody have any idea what is that (maybe 4x4) dish with a 'pyramid' piece on it in the Wrecking ball set? (It's shown when the set is displayed on a table)

Pretty sure it's an ordinary 4x4 dish in sand green, since the hatch uses one as well. I think it's supposed to be a landmine?

Anyway, once again I really like these OW sets; fun designs, detailed figures and great colour palette! 

1 hour ago, number42 said:

6 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Pretty sure it's an ordinary 4x4 dish in sand green, since the hatch uses one as well. I think it's supposed to be a landmine?

I believe that it is simply a piece used to cover the mechs 'eye' when in ball mode; attached to the yellow stud on the front of the mech. 

1 hour ago, JasonEffex said:

I believe that it is simply a piece used to cover the mechs 'eye' when in ball mode; attached to the yellow stud on the front of the mech. 

Ah, yes that must be it. I'm not so familiar with OW... :laugh:

Am I counting correct that the Junker set has 6 new molds?

Blonde guy hairpiece, blonde guys back piece, bigfig, big figs arm, big figs hair piece (if I am seeing correct he has a minifig head), big figs hook weapon thing

and the big fig in any case is just excellent in details. I really wonder why they have the budget here and not for other big figs..

How are the prices for Overwatch sets so good with such high quality builds and an abundance of new molds too? Fingers crossed this theme continues...

Edited by legozebra

I will likely get the Wrecking Ball set because of the adorable Hammond and those sand green parts. Really neat little set.

Why did they need to add that big sign display to this. really bump up that price. The only reason I could think of why they added that is to make up for the 6 new molds they made for two minifigure in a single set. I'm likely be getting those minifigs on bricklink, along with that recolor technic piece.

16 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Am I counting correct that the Junker set has 6 new molds?

Blonde guy hairpiece, blonde guys back piece, bigfig, big figs arm, big figs hair piece (if I am seeing correct he has a minifig head), big figs hook weapon thing

and the big fig in any case is just excellent in details. I really wonder why they have the budget here and not for other big figs..

If these are the only two we getting in overwatch right now, it would explain why that big fig is extremely detailed. They use up all the budget for the summer wave on the fatty.

If it's about a budget thing, I prefer the Overwatch theme this way. The game doesn't have an insane amount of content, so it's better to have 2 sets well made than 7 with no printed pieces or without new molds.

I'd be happy with the next wave being just a set with Mei and a big Snowball and Torbjorn (with Brigitte, maybe?) with a big turret, like the one from reddit