leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

Hmmm.. I came here with the same concerns as everyone else, and it looks like we'll just have to wait and see. As long as we get a Roadhog and/or Junkrat before the license ends, I'll be happy. 

At least the release date (October) is confirmed in some versions of the catalogue (e.g. the Swiss one) :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

At least the release date (October) is confirmed in some versions of the catalogue (e.g. the Swiss one) :wink:

Release date of what? New Overwatch sets?

EDIT: YAY!

Xjwn2nc.png

PettyLawfulDavidstiger-small.gif

Edited by hachiroku

Glad we finally have confirmation of when the sets are coming out. Shouldn’t be too long now until we see something from them.

Let’s just hope these won’t be the last two sets we get.

Weird to have such regional different catalogs, but even so October still makes sense, as that is close enough to November Blizzcon and offers a chance for them to sell the sets on-location as well.

The LEGO Bastion set (the orange BLizzcon version) , was sold around October as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

So, according to Promobricks, the two sets for the next wave are:

75976 Wrecking Ball

75977 Junkertown Bike

Wrecking Ball is certainly a surprise, but a welcome one for sure because I've been playing as him quite a lot lately.

Link to the article: https://www.promobricks.de/offiziell-neue-lego-overwatch-sets-oktober-details/82418https://www.promobricks.de/offiziell-neue-lego-overwatch-sets-oktober-details/82418

Seeing the price for the bike there should be at least a big fig. Which makes sense. 

I guess that the pictures are coming soon as it looks like promo bricks has seen the set images judging on their writing. 

5 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

I guess that the pictures are coming soon as it looks like promo bricks has seen the set images judging on their writing. 

Their wording definitely implies that. Comic-con reveal perhaps?

22 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

I can't wait to see how they managed to make Wrecking Ball, and if it can transform.

I really hope it's a scaled-up Mech for a minifigure like D.Va and Reinhardt, and not a big sculpture like Bastion. But man, Wrecking Ball? That's unexpected. And awesome. Can't wait to see Hammond in minifigure form.

Is there any chance of a second hero included in the set? Maybe Sombra or Doomfist? I really want to see more Talon agents. 

7 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I really hope it's a scaled-up Mech for a minifigure like D.Va and Reinhardt, and not a big sculpture like Bastion. But man, Wrecking Ball? That's unexpected. And awesome. Can't wait to see Hammond in minifigure form.

Is there any chance of a second hero included in the set? Maybe Sombra or Doomfist? I really want to see more Talon agents. 

Based on LEGO’s conservative figure placements in the first wave, I’d guess that Wrecking Ball comes with 2 minifigs (maybe 3 since Hammond is just one piece) and the bike comes with 3 including a Roadhog bigfig. So Sombra and Doomfist could potentially show up

25 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

15 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Based on LEGO’s conservative figure placements in the first wave, I’d guess that Wrecking Ball comes with 2 minifigs (maybe 3 since Hammond is just one piece) and the bike comes with 3 including a Roadhog bigfig. So Sombra and Doomfist could potentially show up

According to promobricks, Wrecking Ball is just 20€. The D.Va and Reinhardt set came with two minifgs and two mekas for 45€, so I can see the Wrecking Ball set as just the ball and Hammond (being Hammond a minifig with short legs). Compared to other human characters in the game, Hammond is similar to Rocket Raccon in size.

Junkrat and Roadhog set seems expensive, so I think it will come with another minifig. Since they're releasing all the Junkertown and the Scrapyard arena together (there is a poster of Hammond fighting in the arena and Junkrat is part of the crowd), I think the other character may be Ana, because she has a skin of Junkertown (but I think it's not canon). The best option in the canon would be D.Va again, but in the Scrapyard skin.

maxresdefault.jpg

Or maybe another Reaper, since he's the best counter for Roadhog. Who knows.

10 hours ago, hachiroku said:

According to promobricks, Wrecking Ball is just 20€. The D.Va and Reinhardt set came with two minifgs and two mekas for 45€, so I can see the Wrecking Ball set as just the ball and Hammond (being Hammond a minifig with short legs). Compared to other human characters in the game, Hammond is similar to Rocket Raccon in size.

You know I never considered Hammond being an actual minifig instead of one molded piece but it makes perfect sense, and I can already tell he’s going to look absolutely ridiculous. 

Based on the price point, I think Wrecking Ball will be like Hanzo vs Genji (minus the henchman) with two figs. Then the bike would have Junkrat, Roadhog and another fig similar to Dorado. I could see one of those unnamed figs being a repeat like Tracer and the other being another new hero.

12 hours ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

You know I never considered Hammond being an actual minifig instead of one molded piece but it makes perfect sense, and I can already tell he’s going to look absolutely ridiculous. 

Based on the price point, I think Wrecking Ball will be like Hanzo vs Genji (minus the henchman) with two figs. Then the bike would have Junkrat, Roadhog and another fig similar to Dorado. I could see one of those unnamed figs being a repeat like Tracer and the other being another new hero.

Why? I think a minifig would look cute and well detailed. In the game, his heigh is like 1/3 of a human, and the head is even bigger:

tumblr_messaging_pb836qhxUq1qkfgh1_640.p

I have no idea about what extra characters could be in these sets. Hammond is only related to Winston, and Roadhog and Junkrat only with the Junker Queen, which is not even in the game yet (they were in London, so maybe they put Tracer with them). I really want to have Mei, but I can't imegine her being in any of the sets.

Edited by hachiroku

11 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Why? I think a minifig would look cute and well detailed. In the game, his heigh is like 1/3 of a human, and the head is even bigger:

Oh yeah I agree, I think it’ll be a really cool figure. I just think he’s going look hilarious next to all the other heroes.

Do you think they could get away with using the chip headpiece from the second Disney CMF series, so no new molds would be needed? Also, I’m hoping the mech itself looks as good as your custom one, but I’m betting it’ll be much more oversized.

On 6/21/2019 at 6:46 AM, Wonkyeye1 said:

Oh yeah I agree, I think it’ll be a really cool figure. I just think he’s going look hilarious next to all the other heroes.

Do you think they could get away with using the chip headpiece from the second Disney CMF series, so no new molds would be needed? Also, I’m hoping the mech itself looks as good as your custom one, but I’m betting it’ll be much more oversized.

IIRC - when a piece is molded for a license it belongs to that license. So, no, they would not be able to reuse the Chip/Dale mold (unless modified in some fashion).

18 minutes ago, Im_the_Juggernaut_Bricks said:

IIRC - when a piece is molded for a license it belongs to that license. So, no, they would not be able to reuse the Chip/Dale mold (unless modified in some fashion).

I'm pretty sure they typically can't use pieces from CMFs in normal sets anyway. 

Besides, that head mold's mouth is way too big to be accurate for Hammond. I'd rather see a totally new mold. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

On 6/21/2019 at 1:46 PM, Wonkyeye1 said:

Thank you! 

I don't care too much if it's oversized, I like the style Lego did for D.Va, Reinhardt and Bastion (the one from the Blizzard store). The Wrecking Ball I actally wanted to do to was way bigger, with room for a minifigure with small legs, but I decided to do it smaller in scale of my other Overwatch mocs.

A couple of weeks ago I made an Orisa in the Lego style of D.Va and I'm really glad wit how it looks:

48025560191_462494dcfb.jpg

I think if this were going a Lego set, they'd change the face to a printed 2x2 round inverted plate ( 2654 ).

18 hours ago, Im_the_Juggernaut_Bricks said:

Weeeeell, they used Donald Duck's head for Deadpool Duck. Technically it's not the same license (but it's still Disney so... same license I guess).

Edited by hachiroku

1 hour ago, hachiroku said:

Thank you! 

I don't care too much if it's oversized, I like the style Lego did for D.Va, Reinhardt and Bastion (the one from the Blizzard store). The Wrecking Ball I actally wanted to do to was way bigger, with room for a minifigure with small legs, but I decided to do it smaller in scale of my other Overwatch mocs.

A couple of weeks ago I made an Orisa in the Lego style of D.Va and I'm really glad wit how it looks:

Wow I hadn't seen your Orisa yet, she looks fantastic! Great job!

And you're right, even if the mech is oversized it should fit in perfectly with Rein and D.Va. As long as I get a decent Hammond figure for my Overwatch minifig baseplate, I'll be happy.

Hammond looks like a mold piece, not a minifigure, right?

There are a lot of printed pieces in both sets. Amazing.

Edited by hachiroku

WOW great day with these and the new Endgame set revealed back to back.

These two sets are FANTASTIC! The builds are great and accurate and the figures are outstanding. I can’t even tell how many new molds there are! Only disappointing thing is the lack of other heroes, let’s hope for a Wave 3!

Wow, both sets look fantastic! Roadhog has got to be one of the most detailed bigfigs ever made, tons of new moulds just for that one set. I also really like the inclusion of the pachimari.

Wrecking ball also looks good, not sure if the sand green is the most accurate colour they could have chosen but the transformation function looks very well done at least. The Hammond figure also looks very cute.