leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

Built Hanzo Vs Genji and Dorado Showdown today. The builds are good for what they are, the minifigures however are not. Lego really needs to fix this problem with printing skin tones on dark colours, both Hanzo's torso piece and Soldier: 76's head (where the silver colour also suffers) look terrible. Such a shame as I was really looking forward to these sets. 

2 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Which set should I buy - 75973 or 75975 ?

I liked 75973 a lot (despite some flaws) but I haven’t gotten 75975 yet. It really depends on how much you want to spend and which characters you’d rather have first. 

It just occurred to me that if they recoloured the new one-side spiked shoulder accessory seen in TLM2's 70836 and 70840 in gold, it would be perfect for an upcoming Doomfist minifig. 

Coincidence? Or could this be a hint towards the sets coming in 2HY?

Edited by Feng-huang0296

Didnt like bastions proportions. Felt like the torso area was too small. So I broadened the shoulders by 1 stud each, and increased the arm/gun length by 2 studs. Also, slimmed up the legs a bit. Thoughts? It can still transform into turret mode fine. 

0107191842a-12.jpg

Finally, I got the sets today. I built all of them except Bastion and Watchpoint.

I'm surprised with D.Va. I really liked what I saw but it's even better, and Hana's minifig is the best one of this wave by far. My only doubt is: Why did they put this piece https://brickset.com/parts/292626/bearing-plate-1x4-double in the crotch? It limits a lot the movement and poseablility, and it doesn't seems to have any function.

Reinhardt's torso and arms are really great, but the legs are totally off. It's sad because as I said, the top half is perfect, but I can't find a way or a pose to look at them in a good way.

I'm not a big fan of Reaper so I wasn't looking forward to this minifig, but it's one of my favourites. The cape is great, the print is great but I specially liked the weapons (same for Soldier76).  They may look too bulky but they really work for the style they created for Overwatch. I prefer this over fully molded weapons.

About the builds, I'm kinda dissapointed with Hanamura. It's probably one of the most iconic maps/places of the game, so it's sad to see it reduced to a wall. El Dorado set is good, you can recreate an entire match in that point (I've seen and played a lot of victories/defeats in that arch).

Oh, and Genji's chest is definetely metallic.

12 hours ago, hachiroku said:

Finally, I got the sets today. I built all of them except Bastion and Watchpoint.

I'm surprised with D.Va. I really liked what I saw but it's even better, and Hana's minifig is the best one of this wave by far. My only doubt is: Why did they put this piece https://brickset.com/parts/292626/bearing-plate-1x4-double in the crotch? It limits a lot the movement and poseablility, and it doesn't seems to have any function.

Reinhardt's torso and arms are really great, but the legs are totally off. It's sad because as I said, the top half is perfect, but I can't find a way or a pose to look at them in a good way.

I'm not a big fan of Reaper so I wasn't looking forward to this minifig, but it's one of my favourites. The cape is great, the print is great but I specially liked the weapons (same for Soldier76).  They may look too bulky but they really work for the style they created for Overwatch. I prefer this over fully molded weapons.

About the builds, I'm kinda dissapointed with Hanamura. It's probably one of the most iconic maps/places of the game, so it's sad to see it reduced to a wall. El Dorado set is good, you can recreate an entire match in that point (I've seen and played a lot of victories/defeats in that arch).

Oh, and Genji's chest is definetely metallic.

Just wanted to say Hi, I'm a fan. I hope you can make a Reinhardt MOC using the minifigure with the right scale. Love you D.Va. build. :sweet:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Over on Instagram, @Catanas added some extra printing to the official D.Va and Mercy figures, not to mention remedying Mercy's face while at it too! :classic:

This is great! Does anyone know how they did that? I think I want to do the same. 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

This is great! Does anyone know how they did that? I think I want to do the same. 

Pretty sure that's all custom printing, including Mercy's fixed face prints, as that's @Catanas's specialty. :classic:

On January 12, 2019 at 3:43 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Pretty sure that's all custom printing, including Mercy's fixed face prints, as that's @Catanas's specialty. :classic:

There'll probably wind up being a hedge market of people making Mercy heads that don't look like she's actually a vampire. :laugh:

I managed to get Tracer vs. Widowmaker, and holy heck was it hard to find. Wound up going all over town trying to find a Lego set.

The build's solid and the mini figure's are top notch. I'm going to have to find a way to put these guys on my train layout.

On 1/15/2019 at 3:29 PM, Kintobor said:

There'll probably wind up being a hedge market of people making Mercy heads that don't look like she's actually a vampire. :laugh:

Here's some further printing she's done for the figure:

Mercy 2.0

So at the risk of sounding incredibly selfish as the first wave has only just been released...when do we usually start getting information on the summer waves?

Just now, Vindice said:

So at the risk of sounding incredibly selfish as the first wave has only just been released...when do we usually start getting information on the summer waves?

Perhaps @Falconfan1414 knows something about that at this point? :shrug_confused:

It’s interesting for me that since this theme has come out my kids have gone back to overwatch in a big way. The oldest one (12) even plays it more than Fortnite. It would be great to see kids getting behind the theme and rejuvenating it a little as it has flagged a bit.

i think the sets are great and it will be interesting if they tried to hit a second wave around late May when overwatch traditionally have their anniversary event.

19 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's some further printing she's done for the figure:

:wub:

Cool knowing what Mercy could've looked like if Lego had maybe done a second layering of their flesh tone, as I assume that's the issue here.

Edited by Kintobor

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Perhaps @Falconfan1414 knows something about that at this point? :shrug_confused:

Honestly I have heard nothing about more Overwatch sets coming so it wouldn’t surpise me if the next wave released January 2020

9 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Honestly I have heard nothing about more Overwatch sets coming so it wouldn’t surpise me if the next wave released January 2020

Thank you for depressing me on a Friday ??

Hopeful that we at least see the original cast rounded out before the theme ends. It's been such a brilliant idea honestly to make sets out of Overwatch, and I can picture future sets. 

Would love to see them do an Eichenwalde or Blizzard World $100 set. 

Was also thinking would Hanzo's hairpiece be suitable for Brigitte in dark red? Similar look and saves money on a new mould 

7 minutes ago, SomeAssemblyRequired said:

Hopeful that we at least see the original cast rounded out before the theme ends. It's been such a brilliant idea honestly to make sets out of Overwatch, and I can picture future sets. 

Would love to see them do an Eichenwalde or Blizzard World $100 set. 

Was also thinking would Hanzo's hairpiece be suitable for Brigitte in dark red? Similar look and saves money on a new mould 

I think two more waves would be enough to cover the rest of the heroes currently in the game. Wave 2 could finish off the original heroes and maybe Ana and Sombra since they were the first added, then Wave 3 could have Orisa, Doomfist, Moira, Brigitte, Hammond, Ashe and Bob.

And I'm not sure about Hanzo's hair, but Pharah's armour recoloured would be absolutely perfect for Brig.

On 1/17/2019 at 6:47 PM, Vindice said:

Overwatch has been weird. You get some vibes that it is a one and done, than others that it is not. I suspect that it is an experiemnt so Lego is taking a wait and see approach. Although it seems to be selling well. Anymore news on whether they are adding more Blizzard licences such as Wow? (I really can't see Lego Diablo sadly...) 

23 hours ago, Faefrost said:

(I really can't see Lego Diablo sadly...) 

I might die if they did Diablo. Diablo 2 was a significant part of my teen years.

22 hours ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

I might die if they did Diablo. Diablo 2 was a significant part of my teen years.

I think that little red dangly Pinata thing in the Dorado Showdown set is probably it. (For those that missed it, that is supposed to be a 'Diablo Pinata". Yeah if you squint really really hard...) I think Diablo might still be a hair too dark for Lego. I could be wrong. I never would have guessed they would go for Overwatch, let alone ANY shooter'ish video game. But I think that the fact that Overwatch is more or less a SciFi Superhero shooter as opposed to a Blood/Splatter/Gore/MurderDeathKill one likely played a part. In much the same way I think Splatoon would likely get around their "no shooter video game" rules. Which is a shame. Sign me up for a Diablo bigfig please. Preferably chunkier Diablo 2 Diablo tyvm. 

I don’t think Overwatch is a one and done. I’m pretty sure when they announced it that part of the reasoning behind taking the license was their excitement over the future of overwatch specifically and not general blizzard IP’s. 

While WoW castle theme sounds amazing they may hold back with the potential movie sequel seemingly stuck in development hell. They’d need to be convinced enough of their target audience are playing the game right now to make it worthwhile. 

When do we usually start hearing leaks from the retailer catalogue?