leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

What ? The 75975 set is available for preorder on the s@h in all of the countries mentioned in that tweet. Actually, the only countries where the Overwatch sets can't be preordered are Australia and New Zealand, but even there, Watchpoint : Gibraltar will be sold.

50 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Here’s the most likely reason to why Lego isn’t selling the Watchpoint: Gibraltar set in certain countries including its own base of operations: https://twitter.com/anonkneemuss/status/1073318442848174080?s=21

We all know Lego doesn’t endorse either political side.

You can pre order the set off many of the country’s shop at home websites listed in that tweet. Like here’s the Czech Republic website link 

https://shop.lego.com/cs-CZ/product/Watchpoint-Gibraltar-75975

it seems it might have just been a mistake on legos part and the problem has been mostly fixed

Edited by Falconfan1414

14 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

You can pre order the set off many of the country’s shop at home websites listed in that tweet. Like here’s the Czech Republic website link 

https://shop.lego.com/cs-CZ/product/Watchpoint-Gibraltar-75975

it seems it might have just been a mistake on legos part and the problem has been mostly fixed

True but I still find it suspicious. The EU probably knew I was onto them...

Seriously? If the mere mention of Gibraltar would cause such a controversy, TLG wouldn‘t have planned to release that set in the first place :tongue: It‘s just a space shuttle for crying out loud, the only thing „Gibraltar“ about it is the set‘s name and the location in the game (which I haven‘t heard any complaints about either). 

So the sets have all appeared at my local Mastermind now. Having looked at them all I can say I don't really care for any of them, although that might be because I don't play Overwatch. The sets with the mechs seem like the most interesting of the bunch, and the set with the facade of a building seems like pretty good value for what you get in it. One thing I will be doing is tracking down a Reaper minifigure, since even though I don't play the game I absolutely adore the insane Liefeldian 90s EXTREME vibe he's channeling.

So Reinhardt uses a rocket hammer. Probably one of the coolest weapons ever. I remember someone had a rocket hammer in an old manga. I think it was Battle Angel Alita. Maybe it’s in a different one. But are there more cool weapons like that available in the game? Will TLG give us more guns and weapons?

4 hours ago, Only Sinner said:

So Reinhardt uses a rocket hammer. Probably one of the coolest weapons ever. I remember someone had a rocket hammer in an old manga. I think it was Battle Angel Alita. Maybe it’s in a different one. But are there more cool weapons like that available in the game? Will TLG give us more guns and weapons?

Doomfist's cybernetic arm. It's a rocket punch, but he uses it to move quickly too.

SecondaryMisguidedAmericangoldfinch-size

Roadhog's hook, Junkrat's tire...

chain-hook-gif.195668

ShowySociableCuttlefish-size_restricted.

Roadhog's hook looks simple, but he could be a big minifigure with a brick built winch on his back, to pull it in.

There is a lot of playable stuff to make about this game (but Reinhardt has the coolest weapon tho).

Edited by hachiroku

3 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Doomfist could reuse the infinity gauntlet mold if he's a bigfig.

He's way too small to be a bigfig though, he'll most likely use the gorilla fist piece from Chima or a completely new mold if he ever gets released.

20 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Seriously? If the mere mention of Gibraltar would cause such a controversy, TLG wouldn‘t have planned to release that set in the first place :tongue: It‘s just a space shuttle for crying out loud, the only thing „Gibraltar“ about it is the set‘s name and the location in the game (which I haven‘t heard any complaints about either). 

Brexit is a mess at the moment, I can understand why they wouldn’t want to get mixed up.

The more I look at these sets the less I like them, after reading a few reviews, they just seem so lackluster. It just seems like they went all out on the minifigures and threw in the side builds as an afterthought. Still I will probably get a couple of the sets and who knows maybe they will grow on me. It could be that since I have never played the game I just don't appreciate the sets, I did have high hopes when they were first announced. 

5 hours ago, Voxovan said:

He's way too small to be a bigfig though, he'll most likely use the gorilla fist piece from Chima or a completely new mold if he ever gets released.

I thought the same, but in the anime, he looks really big:

Tw5JQ08.jpg

a1a.gif

52 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Brexit is a mess at the moment, I can understand why they wouldn’t want to get mixed up.

But the set is avaible even in Spain: https://shop.lego.com/es-ES/product/Observatorio-Gibraltar-75975

I really can't see where this came up from.

45 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

The more I look at these sets the less I like them, after reading a few reviews, they just seem so lackluster. It just seems like they went all out on the minifigures and threw in the side builds as an afterthought. Still I will probably get a couple of the sets and who knows maybe they will grow on me. It could be that since I have never played the game I just don't appreciate the sets, I did have high hopes when they were first announced. 

I'm feeling the same way. I will buy them because I'm a fanboy of Overwatch and lego, and the idea of having Overwatch minifigures is enough for me.

But I'm starting to see things I don't like. For example, Genji:

32428367448_6f5af920fa.jpg75971 Hanzo vs. Genji by Brickset, en Flickr

genji-concept.jpg

The helmet is too big, the brown colour is wrong and the chest pieces should be metallic/silver instead of a darker brown.

Same goes for Reinhardt. At this moment, I prefer the minifigure with the small hammer than the big meka, that looks too big and bulky (specially the legs).

D.Va is really great, and the UCS Bastion too. I don't know, maybe I'm overanalyzing them a little

@hachiroku there are only two ways the helmet could have gone:

1. The helmet could have been printed similar to how Captain America has his printed.
  2. Lego could spoil us with a new mould for the character.

Lego went through with no. 2, the helmet cannot be any smaller due to the size of the minifigure head. Minifigures will never be to scale with licensed characters.

The proportions of a minifigure - squat and wide - are fundamentally different to that of a normal human. So unless we're going to ask all licensed properties that have Lego sets made about them to alter their animation style/CGI to make people fit the proportions of a minifigure . . deal with it. 

56 minutes ago, J4ck said:

@hachiroku there are only two ways the helmet could have gone:

1. The helmet could have been printed similar to how Captain America has his printed.
  2. Lego could spoil us with a new mould for the character.

Lego went through with no. 2, the helmet cannot be any smaller due to the size of the minifigure head. Minifigures will never be to scale with licensed characters.

42 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

The proportions of a minifigure - squat and wide - are fundamentally different to that of a normal human. So unless we're going to ask all licensed properties that have Lego sets made about them to alter their animation style/CGI to make people fit the proportions of a minifigure . . deal with it. 

I know, and that's the Lego style and I like it very much. That's not what I mean. I've seen custom minifigures with a molded head really close to the original and I don't like them neither because they look disproportionated in a Lego body. My problem with Genji's helmet is that it's too big even for the Lego style. The top part of the helmet is that it's even wider than the body.

I've tweaked a little the minifig with photoshop. I made the top part of the helmet 10 pixels slimmer (the jaw is the same size in both minifigs) and changed the brown parts of the chest to silver metallic. Maybe it's almost unnoticable, but it has improved a lot to me (mine is the left one):

gorRKzw.jpg

Edited by hachiroku

@hachiroku I understand what you mean with the colour choices Lego made, I agree with you, Lego should have chose a nougat colour instead of the colour they chose, what colour is that, is it dark orange?

I'd say it's medium nougat, but it may be dark orange too. I'm not 100% sure.

By the way, I saw the official picture again and Genji has the metallic chest. I don't know why it looks brown in the brickset's photo:

43018299_889990264724213_892422002071156

The brick fan review has Genji with a brownish/silver chest:

46256316352_7329b93918.jpgLEGO Overwatch Hanzo vs. Genji (75971) by Allen Tran, en Flickr

Edited by hachiroku

8 hours ago, hachiroku said:

I thought the same, but in the anime, he looks really big:

He's tall, but he's still within the bounds of a minifigure. A new moulded arm for the regular minifigure is probably all he'll get.

2 minutes ago, BasiliskSoldier said:

He's tall, but he's still within the bounds of a minifigure. A new moulded arm for the regular minifigure is probably all he'll get.

They might even just recolour and reuse that one Cyborg arm from Justice League a while back, maybe with some kind of new hand to go with it. Or even just attaching one of those big hands from the TLBM Mr. Freeze set with a standard stud/pin connector. That's the best thing I can think of that wouldn't require new molds. 

It could be that Lego didn't put enough silver ink into the print, so the nougat is showing through, just like Lady Iron Dragon, Pixal and Spider Mans prints.

23 hours ago, Space Police XVIII said:

And Mercy's face print makes her look like a zombie, it's great.

Why do you say that? Is there any review of the Gibraltar set?

EDIT: Oh, right, the Solid Brix video from the Blizzcon, I forgot about that.

DasrLQ4.png

I think they should've put a regular head instead a black one. Yes, Mercy has that black thing in the neck, but it isn't so remarkable:

ow-mercy-gold-video_1.jpg

Edited by hachiroku

Does anyone know if this theme will be sold by most toy retailers or have a smaller release? Because most online retailers here in Sweden usually have the new wave up on their pages by now but barely no one has overwatch.