leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

The person in question is Jeff Kaplan, who's well known within the Overwatch community as a bit of a spokesperson for the game when it comes to updates.

I did a quick Google search to pull up an official image of Tracer to do a comparison between in-game graphics and the little, plastic, Danish replica.

Not bad! The hair might've been a lighter shade of brown, and I would've loved dual moulding on the arms to get her ridiculous armour/gun holsters included, but it's pretty spot on. They even got her straps to circle around her legs! I'm interested in a better view of the chronal accelerator on her back, but if this is what we can expect for the quality of the mini figures in the theme, I can't wait to see what else Lego's got prepared! :thumbup:

My apologies, I don't have any knowledge about the Overwatch as a game and also it's community, didn't know his name. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

My apologies, I don't have any knowledge about the Overwatch as a game and also it's community, didn't know his name. 

No apology necessary: it'd be like if a well known Lego designer or Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen came out to deliver the news and the Overwatch community had no idea who they were. I'm just filling in some information to help give people context. :classic:

Whoo! It's about time. 

And I agree, there's going to be something built in her back. Shame they won't let us see it yet. That makes eight characters confirmed, right? Tracer, Winston, 76, Mercy, D.Va, Reinhardt, Widowmaker and I forget who the last one from the leak a while back was?

Hmm. I'm noticing a lot of heroes but not many villains here. Hmmm. 

Now how about an actual set? Please?

So can anyone enlighten me as to what builds we could potentially expect? I am not an overwatch fan but the hype these sets are generating has me curious, I may buy the game and decide on whether or not I want any sets

16 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

So can anyone enlighten me as to what builds we could potentially expect? I am not an overwatch fan but the hype these sets are generating has me curious, I may buy the game and decide on whether or not I want any sets

I think we can safely say that D.Va's mech will be included in a kit. I believe we had a prominent mech builder from the community confirm they were contacted to be involved with the creation of the theme.

Here's an image of said mech:
336px-DVa-portrait.png?version=d4c75428d

I'd personally love to see Hanamura's first chokepoint/first control point turned into a set. There's a lot of nooks and crannies, and the building with the bell in the centre that acts as the first checkpoint would make for a wonderful centrepiece, especially since we don't often see a lot of traditional asian buildings.

Eichenwalde is another area I'd love to see covered. The ruins of the German town with the Omnic wreckage could make for a cool set, and a kit based off the castle that makes up the final stretch of the map could include some great play features: the battering ram which acts as the payload could bust the doors of the castle down, the castle could include a portcullis for when the doors have been blown out, little ledges for sniping and destroyable walls to emphasize the attackers moving in, and the final resting place of Baldrich von Adler, his remains seated on the throne at the back of the castle as nature takes back his armour, could make for an excellent little build.

As a fellow Tracer main let me just say that this figure is just incredible. I would have never expected a new hairmold since the Ninjago one we have is close enough to Tracer's but Lego blew it out of the water as usual. The only thing that could have been improved on is maybe her arm which could have benefited from a UK flag print. Other than that I'm pleasantly surprised and can't wait to see more! Cheers Love, the Cavalry's here!

Edited by Puresh

On 10/2/2018 at 11:17 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

First Overwatch figure officially revealed

Well, I hope that hairpiece isn't exclusively licenced to the Overwatch theme, as I could see the Collectable Minifigure line recoloring it in various neon colors for some Anime inspired archetypes. Don't know why they haven't recolored Kai's hairpiece for that purpose after all these years now. :shrug_confused:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, I hope that hairpiece isn't exclusively licenced to the Overwatch theme, as I could see the Collectable Minifigure line recoloring it in various neon colors for some Anime inspired archetypes. Don't know why they haven't recolored Kai's hairpiece for that purpose after all these years now. :shrug_confused:

Let’s hope it’s on B&P as well :wink:

I really hope they'll stick to like including each character just once in their base skin, in the first year (assuming more then 1 wave), before moving to alternate skins or duplicates.

This game has a lot of "main" characters so seeing duplicates would be a shame if others are missing. 

Special skin versions of the characters to me would be CMF or year 2 material imo.

Time will tell, but at least the confirmation of a Minifig scale theme is fantastic.

Edited by TeriXeri

My daughter is a big fan and is hoping they will eventually release figures or sets after the game is released. Would be a new revenue stream for Lego.

16 minutes ago, GAC said:

My daughter is a big fan and is hoping they will eventually release figures or sets after the game is released. Would be a new revenue stream for Lego.

There will be a full series of set next year. This one was an exclusive set for the Blizzard store.

Edited by hachiroku

I think I might as well chime in to this topic now that the first set has been revealed. 

I recently got into Overwatch shortly after the initial announcement for the Lego sets and have been having a great time playing the game, having never cared for FPS games before. Although, I must admit, I'd rather see the sets based around the story over the gameplay itself. 

As for the Bastion set, I quite like it. If anything, it should have used a sticker on a grey 1x1 tile for the front of the head to approximate the eye slot, but the rest of the model looks fairly accurate for the scale. 

It is also worth noting that there is a gap of about 10 set numbers between the largest set of the six in the January wave and this Bastion set, so I wonder if we will see more sets for other heroes at this scale, possibly all as Blizzard exclusives?

Edited by JasonEffex

This bastion is just way too big to be part of the "minifig scale" sets, and probably part of a seperate series of bigger display models.

2 hours ago, hachiroku said:

There will be a full series of set next year. This one was an exclusive set for the Blizzard store.

Well I'm going to play dumb so I can save my money, haha!

Oh I thought these were going to be play sets. Not brick built stuff. 

Well, looks cool but this isn't for me

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

This isn't one of the six January sets for next year, which will most likely include the minifigures that have already been teased. 

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

This bastion is just way too big to be part of the "minifig scale" sets, and probably part of a seperate series of bigger display models.

I don't know... yes, it's out of scale, but not in an unprecedented way (look at the multiple Hulkbuster sets in the Marvel Super Heroes theme). In fact, the scale seems like it'd be suitable alongside things like Hulk-sized bigfigs (which might be used for Roadhog or Reinhardt) or a brick-built mech for D.Va (which will basically have to be scaled up to comfortably fit a minifigure). So it would not surprise me if they're exaggerating the scale a bit for most of the biggest heroes just so that no one of them individually sticks out like a sore thumb.

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

There's a good chance that the main products (other than limited exclusives like this) will be playsets — in the very least, we know there will be minifigures of some of the characters based on the Tracer teaser video that came out earlier.

But at the same time, bigger robot characters like Bastion and Orisa would probably be completely or mostly brick-built even in playsets, same as bigger robots and mechs in other themes like Ninjago, Nexo Knights, and Super Heroes. They are too big and bulky to work very well as traditional minifigures or skeletal Battle Droid/General Grievous type figures, and molded "bigfigs" are typically reserved for characters who need a more lifelike appearance rather than characters that are mechanical to begin with.

They showed the Tracer Minifig and the silhouette of other characters, so there will definitely be play sets with minifigs, as for Bastion, he's probably as close to minifig scale as they could make him (remember he still needs to look like the character and Blizzard has to approve it).