leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, MatthewRC said:

Interesting, let’s wait and see if this turns out to be official.

It is official, it's been announced alongside a slew of other licensing deals.

Just now, GeekByKnight said:

It is official, it's been announced alongside a slew of other licensing deals.

Oh, cool! I meant waiting for the announcement by LEGO themselves.

Yeah and the possibilities are huge. If they have Overwatch, it'd be easy for them to get Diablo, Starcraft, Heroes of the Storm and most importantly...World of Warcraft, which would be great for Castle fans like me.

My thoughts exactly. I don't really care about Overwatch, i am just hoping it's one step closer to getting Lego World of Warcraft.

1 minute ago, Hisstori said:

Awesome! I just hope they're full-on sets and not just "Tracer and a car" packs.

Well it said sets across all price points so I'm guessing it's a full range.

28 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Would seem ideal for the Brickheadz line...

That's probably a good shout right there.

The comicbook.com article says some of the voice actors had already revealed their minifigs on instagram, but I can find them so maybe they'e referring to custom ones.

2 hours ago, leafan said:

Yeah and the possibilities are huge. If they have Overwatch, it'd be easy for them to get Diablo, Starcraft, Heroes of the Storm and most importantly...World of Warcraft, which would be great for Castle fans like me.

WoW Lego? sign me up please!

2 hours ago, Dorino said:

My thoughts exactly. I don't really care about Overwatch, i am just hoping it's one step closer to getting Lego World of Warcraft.

Overwatch sets would be weird, you know, all the characters are very different in size. Tracer is tiny compared to Reinhardt or Roadhog. And the maps? Very curious. Very interested to see what they will be doing with them. And yes. would totally love WoW sets. 

Okay, so, speaking as someone who has never played Overwatch and only knows that the game's main characters include a time traveller and a hyper-intelligent ape (also, Tracer is cool - says the noob. XD), what sort of things can we expect here?

2 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Okay, so, speaking as someone who has never played Overwatch and only knows that the game's main characters include a time traveller and a hyper-intelligent ape (also, Tracer is cool - says the noob. XD), what sort of things can we expect here?

Overwatch has a lot going on in it. You can expect anything ranging from castles, a moon base, dropships, ancient ruins, futuristic cities, mech's, transforming robots and more. There's a little of everything in there.

It'll be exciting to see what all we get.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Brickfanatics says we should expect 6 Sets im 2019

I trust Brickfanatics like a thief with my bank account.

There is absolutely no way they (nor anyone) would know how many sets are releasing at this point, especially (theoretically) if they aren’t set to release until middle of next year.

I'm just excited about the fact this even exists, to be honest. We can only pray it isn’t just Brickheadz.

Edited by Penkid11

6 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

I'm just excited about the fact this even exists, to be honest. We can only pray it isn’t just Brickheadz.

I'm pretty certain, based on the limited info provided, that it's not just Brickheadz, if it is those at all.

They said: "LEGO® Group has plans for multiple Overwatch building sets across various price points. ", which to me indicates that it will be sets of various sizes, rather than Brickheadz which as far as I know, are mostly the same size and/or price-point.

"Building Sets" also says to me that it won't be a Brickheadz thing, even if you can technically class them as a set that you build.

Anyway, it's all guesses for now, I guess we'll find out in time.

Sounds like a wave of sets I'm going to have to look out for! :sweet:

D.Va's Mech is a shoe-in for a set. There's no way Lego's not escaping making a kit based off of the iconic pink mech, and that should be good news for everyone. New curve pieces in pink is good! 

I can also imagine most of the kits being based off of various choke points in stages. Dorado has a nice chokepoint before the first checkpoint with the fountain plaza that'd make a fun set if it included the truck/payload. 

Also, knowing Activision-Blizzard, they'll also release a collectible mini figure line. Look, everyone! Loot boxes!! :laugh:

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

There is absolutely no way they (nor anyone) would know how many sets are releasing at this point, especially (theoretically) if they aren’t set to release until middle of next year.

Who said abything about a Summer 2019 release? The fact that we're hearing about it this early says Winter 2019 to me.