leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

On 10/10/2019 at 11:21 PM, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s been cancelled months ago, apparently :sceptic:

Where is the source for this? 

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The source is EB's very own @Puresh :wink:

Yikes. I really liked this theme. Hopefully, at least the sets that were supposed to come out in January do indeed come out... somehow. 

Edited by FastFlash

6 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

When to wait for images of sets 2020 ?

Apparently, they've been canned due to poor sales.

Hey, does anyone know any Overwatch sets going on sale at retail stores? (Not online) Really want to get 75972 and 75973 before they get discontinued. (I don't want to make the same miskate with the BrickHeadz, have a fear of missing out!)

5 hours ago, LuigiBobLegoPants said:

Hey, does anyone know any Overwatch sets going on sale at retail stores? (Not online) Really want to get 75972 and 75973 before they get discontinued. (I don't want to make the same miskate with the BrickHeadz, have a fear of missing out!)

You can always try the Lego store if there is one in your local area. From the previous messages on this forum, it looks like they're gonna be exclusively sold by Lego.

5 hours ago, LuigiBobLegoPants said:

I’d say Amazon’s your best bet. (I got Watchpoint: Gibraltar for 20% off) If online really isn’t an option, try GameStop? I don’t know about other countries but the Overwatch sets have been at Ebgames (Aussie GameStop).

On 10/22/2019 at 1:25 AM, Lego-Freak said:

The source is EB's very own @Puresh :wink:

I never said the theme was cancelled, just those named sets we heard about :wink:

With the Overwatch 2 announcement just around the corner, I wouldn't be surprised if Lego cancelled the winter sets to focus on products for that instead.

2 hours ago, Puresh said:

I never said the theme was cancelled, just those named sets we heard about :wink:

Just when I lost all hope for the future of the theme you pull me back in. 

Blizzcon is only a week away, maybe we'll get more info there!

On 10/24/2019 at 6:35 AM, Wonkyeye1 said:

Just when I lost all hope for the future of the theme you pull me back in. 

Blizzcon is only a week away, maybe we'll get more info there!

I was just thinking the same. I'm really hoping somehow those sets get released. If the rumors were true, it'd be a shame for Lego to have prepared those sets only to not release them, even if that makes complete sense from a business point of view if the theme was underperforming.

Well, Overwatch 2 is here and real, guys.

Here's the question: are we getting the other heroes/villains in their original design, or it's all based on the sequel? My bet is maybe both.

ESPN’s article on Overwatch 2 talks about a mission where 4 characters go on a mission in Rio de Janeiro. That sounds like a good fit with the “Rio Battle” set name from a while back.

I know @Puresh said those sets were cancelled but maybe some of them carried over to a new wave?

19 hours ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

ESPN’s article on Overwatch 2 talks about a mission where 4 characters go on a mission in Rio de Janeiro. That sounds like a good fit with the “Rio Battle” set name from a while back.

I know @Puresh said those sets were cancelled but maybe some of them carried over to a new wave?

We'll just have to wait and see.

It would seem that, with the reveal of Overwatch 2, perhaps people can be hyped for more Overwatch, and require new LEGO sets.

A lot of what was seen in the reveal trailer seems to match up well with the leaked names. Wonder what the deal is with all this "cancellation" business.

24 minutes ago, PenPlays said:

It would seem that, with the reveal of Overwatch 2, perhaps people can be hyped for more Overwatch, and require new LEGO sets.

A lot of what was seen in the reveal trailer seems to match up well with the leaked names. Wonder what the deal is with all this "cancellation" business.

Yeah both the Rio Battle and Omnic Titan names seem to line up perfectly with what we've seen so far. Hopefully we officially find out what the future holds for the theme soon. (maybe even at Blizzcon?)

On 11/1/2019 at 1:21 PM, Wonkyeye1 said:

Yeah both the Rio Battle and Omnic Titan names seem to line up perfectly with what we've seen so far. Hopefully we officially find out what the future holds for the theme soon. (maybe even at Blizzcon?)

Hopefully...

On 10/24/2019 at 7:29 PM, strangely said:

With the Overwatch 2 announcement just around the corner, I wouldn't be surprised if Lego cancelled the winter sets to focus on products for that instead.

The Winter sets have consistently performed well... with the older sets fetching quite a sum. The Winter Holiday Train wasn't even announced to retire and yet now it is (even before Jan. 1, 2020 rolled around). The gingerbread house is temporarily out of stock. LEGO also tweeted the 10 year anniversary of the subtheme.  :P

--------

In any case, I think it makes sense to have a Doomfist fig with the Infinity Gauntlet piece. Orisa wouldn't hurt as well. :wink:

P.S.
While I must say that Roadhog is a very nice bigfig... does anyone else issues with the mask's clutch with the minifig head? It seems a bit loose (but it just may be due to the differences in plastics used).

On 12/4/2019 at 9:44 AM, Clahador said:

The Winter sets have consistently performed well... with the older sets fetching quite a sum. The Winter Holiday Train wasn't even announced to retire and yet now it is (even before Jan. 1, 2020 rolled around). The gingerbread house is temporarily out of stock. LEGO also tweeted the 10 year anniversary of the subtheme.  :P

I believe the comment was about the Overwatch sets that were originally coming out in 'winter' up north, not the completely unrelated 'Winter Village' theme