leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, strangely said:

Widowmaker leaked. She looks pretty good. Can't wait to see what else they have in store for us.

Huh, looks pretty accurate in comparison to the source material, which looks rather racy if you ask me. 

To be fair, since she's, ya know, purple, it's less realistic so Lego probably can get away with it more. If they tried to do it with a more "realistic" character, like Spider-Man's Black Cat, for example, they would almost certainly pick a less risqué version to adapt.

Both figures look awesome and get the style just right! The skin-tone might indeed be helpful for TLG to keep it from being too much. When Black Canary appeared in TLBM and later as a CMF, they took the safer route and based her appearance on the Golden-through-Bronze Age costumes (or the modern callbacks based on those). Those ones have the pants+fishnets, rather than the fishnet-only versions that appeared starting in the 90s.

How do we anticipate they will portray the weapons? SW has accumulated a handful of blaster elements to use as shorthand for the various blaster models used in the films and shows, but OW is starting from scratch. GotG 1 and 2 sets are probably a good comparison for having to outfit weapons for a brand new licensed theme. Star-Lord's blasters and the Sakaaran blasters were new molds, but all other weapons were either brickbuilt (like Rocket's guns, Taserface's gun [also flick-fire], Ronan's hammer, and the Hadron Enforcer) or were repurposed existing weapon molds (Yondu's arrow, Gamora and Nebula's swords, Drax's knives). After going through all the OW heroes, I believe they could get far by brickbuilding stuff (the overwhelming majority of the weapons, particularly the Tanks), and by using existing molds (i.e. katana for Genji, revolver for McCree). They would only have to mold a few new items for characters like Tracer where brickbuilt weapons would be too cumbersome. We'll likely find out soon, hopefully at Blizzon in a few weeks.

As much as I'd love to see the full roster of characters, it will likely need a second wave to get there. Infinity War's 20 named character lineup was certainly impressive for 6 sets, but even with the movie's decade+ of anticipation, it still had to push Bucky, War Machine, and Wong into the Bricktober set, and had a bunch of characters that had to be left off altogether.  Lego OW's lifespan is difficult to predict. Like Minecraft, it's a theme based on an ongoing IP that already came out well before Lego arrived, but doesn't have the evergreen clout of Marvel/DC/Star Wars that allows them to make sets forever. It's hard to guess what the "endpoint" is right now. We'll see. In the meantime, I'll wait for Bastion to come in the mail.

Haha a little bit more and her belly button would be visible :laugh:

But the hairpiece looks great

Really hope to see the rest soon, personally want to see a different Bastion (original skin), because a 3x minifigure size 13cm Bastion still makes no sense to me if most characters are minifigures. 

Even with bigfigs like Thanos or Hulk which are at most 2-minifig tall.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 10/13/2018 at 4:23 PM, BaneShake said:

To be fair, since she's, ya know, purple, it's less realistic so Lego probably can get away with it more.

I agree. Just look at some the Twi'lek Star Wars figures.

sw406.pngsw284.pngsw192.png

Dear lord, guys. Making it scandalous up in here. :wink:

As someone who doesn't play Overwatch, how many characters would be considered the "core" cast? As in far too essential to not have? I know there are a ton of playable characters beyond just that.

7 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

Dear lord, guys. Making it scandalous up in here. :wink:

As someone who doesn't play Overwatch, how many characters would be considered the "core" cast? As in far too essential to not have? I know there are a ton of playable characters beyond just that.

I would say that for me, most of the essential characters have already been teased. That includes Tracer, Winston, Reinhardt and Soldier 76 for the 'good' characters. For villains, we already know about Widowmaker, but I would also expect Reaper to show up in the first wave, being (I think) the most prominent villainous character. 

Lego Overwatch 75970, 129 pieces

Lego Overwatch 75971, 197 pieces

Lego Overwatch 75972, 419 pieces

Lego Overwatch 75973, 455 pieces

Lego Overwatch 75974,  602 pieces

Lego Overwatch 75975,  730 pieces

Piece counts

75970 - $14.99, 129 pieces

75971 - $19.99, 197 pieces

75972 - $29.99,419 pieces

75973 - $39.99, 455 pieces

75974 - $49.99, 602 pieces

75975 - $89.99, 730 pieces

Edited by Azani

Reinhardt's head and helmet have leaked, my guess is he will be a minifig like Axel from Nexo Knight..

Edited by Dr.Cogg

10 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Reinhardt's head and helmet have leaked, my guess is he will be a minifig like Axel from Nexo Knight..

He has a standard torso, it leaked a few days ago.

Hopefully they at least give him some sort of armor piece that goes over top of it. It is kind of disappointing that they didn't go the Axl route, but given how many new pieces are being introduced, it's not too surprising. Maybe, if they do more waves, they could correct that in the future.

On the other hand, maybe because of the wildly differing sizes of the characters, they just decided to go standard minifigure and make them all uniform in size. Which isn't the worst idea considering how all over the place the sizes are.

Edited by strangely

3 hours ago, strangely said:

He has a standard torso, it leaked a few days ago.

Hopefully they at least give him some sort of armor piece that goes over top of it. It is kind of disappointing that they didn't go the Axl route, but given how many new pieces are being introduced, it's not too surprising. Maybe, if they do more waves, they could correct that in the future.

On the other hand, maybe because of the wildly differing sizes of the characters, they just decided to go standard minifigure and make them all uniform in size. Which isn't the worst idea considering how all over the place the sizes are.

Considering the scale of the character, I think the best option would be (as others have said) to give Reinhardt a nexo knights style mech suit; or at least use the battle suit body piece as the core of the build. 

I never liked the idea of him being an axl-fig because it would make him way to small (especially if they ever make a big-fig Roadhog) in comparison to other characters.

Edited by JasonEffex