leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

44 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

There is a pre-BlizzCon event in 6 hours:

Maybe they will show something about the Lego sets, who knows.

I don't play any Blizzard games, but isn't Blizzcon in novemeber? Why is there a pre event 1 1/2 months before the actual event?

6 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

I don't play any Blizzard games, but isn't Blizzcon in novemeber? Why is there a pre event 1 1/2 months before the actual event?

Yes, it's weird, but they did it last year too. I guess it's just marketing things.

Last year they showed the FunkoPOPs and more merchandising, so I guess there is a big chance we will see the sets today.

EDIT: And nothing happened...

Edited by hachiroku

13 hours ago, hachiroku said:

Yes, it's weird, but they did it last year too. I guess it's just marketing things.

Last year they showed the FunkoPOPs and more merchandising, so I guess there is a big chance we will see the sets today.

EDIT: And nothing happened...

They said in the stream there will be stuff happening over the next 7 weeks, so I’d said anytime in the next 7 weeks including BlizzCon itself is when the Lego reveal will take place.

Discard. Don't mind me. Wrong thread.

Edited by Penkid11

I'm very excited for these sets!

I'd never heard of Overwatch, was intrigued with the Lego announcement… so 3 weeks ago I bought a secondhand xBox and went for the free Overwatch trial.  Bought it after the trial and now I'm really enjoying playing and getting better – but there’s a long way to go!  Really like the multi-player and teamwork aspect, and how slick the game works.

The characters are all great, the sets will be very successful – I think a lot of Overwatch fans will buy the sets, a much higher percentage than Disney or Harry Potter fans.

Look forward to seeing MOCs of Eichenwalde and Hanamura etc!

Some characters will be difficult to make such as Orisa, and hope Lego do a good job of the size ratio – would expect Winston and Reinhardt to have Axl Nexo Knights torso or similar.  Would expect there to be lots of new pieces..

And no doubt we’ll be getting Diva in her pink tank!

2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

Does anyone have the prices for these sets?

They've been listed in full several times in this thread, but for your convenience, here's our current setup:

75970 - $14.99 US

75971 - $19.99 US

75972 - $29.99 US

75973 - $39.99 US

75974 - $49.99 US

75975 - $89.99 US

25 minutes ago, Azani said:

They've been listed in full several times in this thread, but for your convenience, here's our current setup:

75970 - $14.99 US

75971 - $19.99 US

75972 - $29.99 US

75973 - $39.99 US

75974 - $49.99 US

75975 - $89.99 US

(Sorry for your inconvenience, I appreciate this) and it looks like a wholesome lot, hopefully they are revealed next month (or maybe even come out in late December 

Edited by TOTDForever

I am really surprised how few leaks we've had for this theme. I'm amazed that Lego managed to keep this one so under wraps, usually something at least leaks from the factory by this point.

2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

(Sorry for your inconvenience, I appreciate this) and it looks like a wholesome lot, hopefully they are revealed next month (or maybe even come out in late December 

The official reveal will presumably be at Blizcon, which is November 2-3.

On 9/11/2018 at 12:22 AM, TeriXeri said:

Since at least in-game Overwatch isn't focused on vehicles, but locations, I do hope a focus on locations/structures/scenes here as well.

Yes we see giant mechs and armored vehicles as static objects or in the background story, but I do hope a focus on the actual in-game characters/levels instead.

Even if it's going to be a Hero vs Villain theme, I still hope vehicles/giant mechs won't be the main focus.

I'm sorry for the late reaction, but I wouldn't say in-game isn't focused on vehicles. Payload maps are heavily focused on bringing the payload  (often some kind of vehicle like in the Hollywood map) to the last checkpoint. There is also the ship that appears in a lot of "capture the point" maps. So I wouldn't be surprised if at least 2 sets are vehicle based + maybe a mech based set for D.Va.

On 9/21/2018 at 5:23 AM, Huigberts Builds said:

I'm sorry for the late reaction, but I wouldn't say in-game isn't focused on vehicles. Payload maps are heavily focused on bringing the payload  (often some kind of vehicle like in the Hollywood map) to the last checkpoint. There is also the ship that appears in a lot of "capture the point" maps. So I wouldn't be surprised if at least 2 sets are vehicle based + maybe a mech based set for D.Va.

D.va's mech suit is almost a given, it's part of the Hero.

So is some form is Payload cart.

We do see giant mechs in Volskaya in both Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm, and we see a giant tracked vehicle at the start of some maps as spawnpoint.

But still what I meant was, with something like Nexo Knights, each wave had like at least 1 vehicle per hero, that won't happen with Overwatch I hope, and we hopefully see some structural or terrain decoration instead, there's great places, from cities, to pyramids to temples and more.

I hope the focus is very much on minfigures and locations, and at least for the first wave or year, we get each main hero once in their original skin instead of duplicates.

Edited by TeriXeri

Damnit, ninja'd.

This pretty much confirms that there will be a Fort Gibraltar set. Winston is pretty heavily associated with that location, and if they did make a Gibraltar set it would probably be the biggest one in the line, and you know they prefer to only put bigfigs in big sets. 

Thanks for the picture

The hairpiece looks great

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

Does he have a new chest armor mold? 

I can't tell if that is printed

Damn couldn't they just post a picture?

There's no armor piece just the neck  attachment in color white. And I don't think it's new. You can see it while the person is assembling the minifigure.

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

There's no armor piece just the neck  attachment in color white. And I don't think it's new. You can see it while the person is assembling the minifigure.

The person in question is Jeff Kaplan, who's well known within the Overwatch community as a bit of a spokesperson for the game when it comes to updates.

I did a quick Google search to pull up an official image of Tracer to do a comparison between in-game graphics and the little, plastic, Danish replica.

latest?cb=20160429041307

Not bad! The hair might've been a lighter shade of brown, and I would've loved dual moulding on the arms to get her ridiculous armour/gun holsters included, but it's pretty spot on. The detailing on her legs is also really well done. I'm used to seeing printing go across the legs and onto the joiner piece, but the exclusion of printing on the joiner piece really makes the figure pop. I'm interested in a better view of the chronal accelerator on her back, but if this is what we can expect for the quality of the mini figures in the theme, I can't wait to see what else Lego's got prepared! :thumbup:

Edited by Kintobor

They put a Winston and Pachimari plush. Winston, has been confirmed, so maybe the Pachimari means Roadhog?

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There is a new teaser out there that seems to confirm that Winston (a giant gorilla) will be in a set 

Gorillas are actually human size.