leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

31 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

I wonder what they could do to make an Overwatch set worth $90, any ideas?

I could imagine a bigger map part:

- Temple of Anubis point B

- Lijiang tower

- Nepal Shrine

- Hanamura point A (with the gates)

Or even the Overwatch dropship

I know it's supposed to be a teaser but I can't make out a thing.

They should have releaved at least a whole minifigure IMO

11 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

There's an Overwatch Fan Festival going on today (the 22nd) and tomorrow (the 23rd), so we'll probably see something really soon.

Something might get revealed today because of Gamescon and all not a fan festival.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-overwatch-gamescom-2018-teaser/

Edited by J4ck

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I would say the biggest set is either watchpoint Gibraltar with Winston's laboratory and the oss-7 Aurora or the dropship mv-261 Orca.

I've been advocating Watchpoint Gibraltar, and I'd definitely still like to see it. But having done some research, I think I'd be equally happy with the MV-261 Orca, for one simple reason;

Overwatch lore has it that the Orca is piloted by a character named 'Ray'. In spite of this apparently significant role, he has never appeared in any capacity throughout all of Overwatch media. 

If we do get a set of the Orca, then it would be practically obligatory to include Ray. (Which isn't necessarily to say they'll do it, but it would be a good idea for reasons I'm about to mention.) Which would make the Lego set the first time ever that Ray is actually seen in official media. 

That alone would probably make the set a collector's item among Overwatch fans, even those who have no interest in Lego at all. (Which, it should go without saying, would definitely boost sales of the set and possibly the entire line.)

Of course, best case scenario? There's a second wave coming Summer 2017 with an equally large set, and we'll end up getting both Gibraltar and the Orca. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

4 minutes ago, strangely said:

Any ideas on what time to expect anything from gamescom?

Probably a d.va mech set. They just had a d.va animation released so I can see the hype of that traiiling over. I could also see just some figure reveals 

Lego is supposed to have some sort of announcement at that Overwatch Fan Festival in South Korea so I expect that something will come of that or Gamescom. Like @IRISHCLOWN said, probably something to do with D.Va to tie in with the animated short and the fact that the Festival is in South Korea. I would expect to get some fig reveals too.

Well, Blizzard also revealed a new map. Maybe the set would tie in with that?

But the new 'Busan' map also correlates well to D.Va . . 

Best case; a D.Va mech set with a side build or two that represents terrain features from the Busan map. 

In the fan festival there is a big lego brick built Busan map but there are no minifigs on it and nothing has been revealed yet.

Edited by number42

2 hours ago, Dharkan said:

No point of expecting stuff related to new announcements. Sets been done for a few months now.

Yes, but I think people were expecting that there might have been some coordination of promotions between Lego and Blizzard.

12 hours ago, Dharkan said:

No point of expecting stuff related to new announcements. Sets been done for a few months now.

Ahh but Lego will be in the know about new stuff so it’s still plausible. Mark Stafford said he knew of new stuff coming to Overwatch or something like that.

5 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Ahh but Lego will be in the know about new stuff so it’s still plausible. Mark Stafford said he knew of new stuff coming to Overwatch or something like that.

There's no guarantee of that at all. We've seen quite a few times how Lego ended up with inaccurate sets because of preliminary information given to them.

10 hours ago, Dharkan said:

There's no guarantee of that at all. We've seen quite a few times how Lego ended up with inaccurate sets because of preliminary information given to them.

I disagree. If you’re designing sets based off of a franchise or license, the company won’t leave Lego in the dark about new stuff.

15 hours ago, Dharkan said:

But they still get the preliminary information. The Lego set may not be 100% accurate, but they would still be given the information about the new map. 

On 8/23/2018 at 2:16 AM, number42 said:

In the fan festival there is a big lego brick built Busan map but there are no minifigs on it and nothing has been revealed yet.

I searched everywhere for this but can't find anything on a brick built version of Busan. Could you provide a link to some pictures?

Sigh, I'm disappointed. It really doesn't make sense to create hype then destroy it by not announcing anything.

10 hours ago, Dharkan said:

Sigh, I'm disappointed. It really doesn't make sense to create hype then destroy it by not announcing anything.

Agreed. I really did think they would reveal a set or two. 

Edited by Invincible_LEGOMAN

This is indeed a strange marketing strategy, I hope this isn't going to work against them since I want this theme to be around for a little while  (although let's be honest, I think nobody sees this theme getting more than 2 waves)