leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Here's hoping. Though, have they ever done a D2C for a smaller theme like this before? The only thing I can think of is the Ultron Hulkbuster, and even though Infinity War was a one-off, it's part of the broader, long-lived Super Heroes theme . . .

Ghostbusters. And as people arealdy pointed out, Simpsons.

13 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Here's hoping. Though, have they ever done a D2C for a smaller theme like this before? The only thing I can think of is the Ultron Hulkbuster, and even though Infinity War was a one-off, it's part of the broader, long-lived Super Heroes theme . . .

8 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Ghostbusters. And as people arealdy pointed out, Simpsons.

If we are going by @Feng-huang0296's logic, then technically, The Silent Mary, The Tumbler, 60's Batcave, and the Helicarrier, would also apply. One might even consider the Disney Castle as well, juding the fact that the Disney theme sees a similar number of sets released per year (if not less) than the Super Heroes subthemes.

22 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I would say the 4th set will be the cheapest one

I would assume that any theoretical 75974 would be the most expensive set of the bunch... hypothetically speaking, if it exists.

We know that 75970-75973 exist, so that's four sets right there.

51 minutes ago, Azani said:

I would assume that any theoretical 75974 would be the most expensive set of the bunch... hypothetically speaking, if it exists.

We know that 75970-75973 exist, so that's four sets right there.

Yeah I was talking about the 4th (yet unconfirmed) set, which a assume is set number 75970 since they number set 75971 as the second set. If there is a 75974 it will be the 5th set and indeed probably the most expensive, but as for now we have no information that hints to a 5th set.

Edited by Huigberts Builds
Typo

9 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah I was talking about the 4th (yet unconfirmed) set, which a assume is set number 75970 since they number set 75971 as the second set. If there is a 75974 it will be the 5th set and indeed probably the most expensive, but as for now we have no information that hints to a 5th set.

Ah, well, 75970 is confirmed to be coming, but it's true that we don't yet know the retail price. It will be the cheapest of the four, yes.

3 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

If we're getting normal minifigures I hope they won't have those atrocious "anime eyes" that the ones from the Clone Wars sets had.

Doubt it very much.

12 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Doubt it very much.

I hope you're right,since Overwatch has some great character designs and I'm sure they will look great in minifig form but those "anime eyes" could ruin everything.

4 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

If we're getting normal minifigures I hope they won't have those atrocious "anime eyes" that the ones from the Clone Wars sets had.

Even clone wars sets don't use those anymore, they realised their mistake.

32 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

I hope you're right,since Overwatch has some great character designs and I'm sure they will look great in minifig form but those "anime eyes" could ruin everything.

That's how I usually feel about it, primarily since they automatically make the figures incompatible with one's from other themes. I mean, it's bad enough that in-house and licenced themes have the skin-tone discrepancy.

4 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That's how I usually feel about it, primarily since they automatically make the figures incompatible with one's from other themes. I mean, it's bad enough that in-house and licenced themes have the skin-tone discrepancy.

Wow, people still complaining about flesh toned minifigures? :D

56 minutes ago, Dharkan said:

Wow, people still complaining about flesh toned minifigures? :D

Personally, I don't dislike one over the other, but their incompatibility still annoys me to a slight degree, probably less so now though than in the past.

If you want to see anime eyes on minifigs look up Exo Force, to me anime eyes look fine.

Wow it’s been a long time since I posted on EB! Glad to see there is finally some more news. I heard six sets mentioned though...?

At what point do people normally start getting leaks from the retailer catalogues?

As a huge fan of Lego and Overwatch I really don’t see a d2c here. Kings Row would seem like an obvious set and the payloads give plenty of vehicle opportunities. As they like to have traditional hero/villain battles I would definitely expect to see Reaper and Widowmaker at the least. Dva, Tracer and Winston must be certs too.

20 minutes ago, Vindice said:

Wow it’s been a long time since I posted on EB! Glad to see there is finally some more news. I heard six sets mentioned though...?

At what point do people normally start getting leaks from the retailer catalogues?

As a huge fan of Lego and Overwatch I really don’t see a d2c here. Kings Row would seem like an obvious set and the payloads give plenty of vehicle opportunities. As they like to have traditional hero/villain battles I would definitely expect to see Reaper and Widowmaker at the least. Dva, Tracer and Winston must be certs too.

Six sets? Well, we only have confirmation of four, but six sounds more reasonable. And more in line with what we've seen from the likes of Minecraft, which is really the only precedent we have for a line like this. 

Don't forget Mercy! I need Mercy!

And Fort Gilbatrar. Overwatch needs a base of operations, and it's all the better if it's also a playable map. 

Hmm . . If there are six, and they each have a tutor least two minifigures, maybe four . . but some might be repeats between sets . . I'm still hopeful for two medium scale sets with Genji and Hanzo, and Junkrat and Roadhog, respectively. Then the other four can be more 'standard' D.Va, Tracer, Winsron and Mercy vs Reaper, Widowmaker, Doomfist and . . the purple hacker girl whose name I've forgotten. 

Oh, and Bastion! We need Bastion too!

If the sets turn out like this, I'll be a happy customer. 

I expect at least 1 character from each category (tank, support, damage). A friend of mine who isn't into Lego but very much into the lore of overwatch thinks we will get at least the original overwatch members (founders) so Reaper, Ana, Soldier: 76, Torbjörn and Reinhardt. Also Tracer (the mascot of the game pretty much) would be a given. Fan favorite D.va would make for an awesome build and so does Bastion. A character I won't see happening on the other hand is Zenyatta, he's just too complicated to translate well into lego, but hey, surprise me lego.

29 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I expect at least 1 character from each category (tank, support, damage). A friend of mine who isn't into Lego but very much into the lore of overwatch thinks we will get at least the original overwatch members (founders) so Reaper, Ana, Soldier: 76, Torbjörn and Reinhardt. Also Tracer (the mascot of the game pretty much) would be a given. Fan favorite D.va would make for an awesome build and so does Bastion. A character I won't see happening on the other hand is Zenyatta, he's just too complicated to translate well into lego, but hey, surprise me lego.

I wouldn't count on Ana, Torbjorn and possibly Reinhardt making it into sets, they're on the more obscure side of things. 

I think Reinhardt should be in there from a character perspective but in what size? We could see a high number of big figs in this theme. Unfortunately, that probably means one or more would miss out.

i would love to see Junkrat and Roadhog. Their blizzard animation is brilliant and they’re favourites with the kids. These sets must have been in design for some time already which may mean a no to the more recent characters.

Completely agree on Mercy! She is a must, as is soldier 76. I don’t know about Ana, too many reasons against her as one of the initial characters I think but what do I know.

8 hours ago, Vindice said:

I think Reinhardt should be in there from a character perspective but in what size? We could see a high number of big figs in this theme. Unfortunately, that probably means one or more would miss out.

I believe only Reinhardt, Roadhog and Winston are up for the bigfig treatment. Orisa and Bastion are also big, but I think they would work better as brickbuild characters 

I can definitely see Junkrat and Roadhog with their motorcycle in a set maybe facing off against D.va and someone else similar to the Ninjago set with killow from January.