leafan

Overwatch 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

9 hours ago, meepinater said:

overwatch is popular, but if tlg expands here, they are going to have a lot of pressure on them to expand into other games... just to name a few, battlefrield, halo, warcraft, starcraft, fortnite(?)...

they already did two sets for battlefront and a bunch of minecraft sets. they might even be continuing minecraft. Plus, i thought that lego doesn't really want to do the whole weapons, more realistic guns, and the whole adult theme. they only brought out the simplistic firearms they have to expand into some movies and starwars. 

All I’m going to say is: 

Stud Shooters are amazing.

7 hours ago, J4ck said:

All I’m going to say is: 

Oh god no... please not for Overwatch

Has anyone seen what Genji's and D.va's voice actors had in their instagram status about 2 days before the Overwatch theme was announced? Apparently they talked about their minifigures but I've yet to see someone that took a screenshot / saved the text in a document file. I'm really cuirous about this!

Edited by Puresh

8 hours ago, J4ck said:

All I’m going to say is: 

But they're not.  There are already a lot of people upset about the number of stud shooters in Star Wars.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

But they're not.  There are already a lot of people upset about the number of stud shooters in Star Wars.

I have no idea why, I love them! Each to their own.

Stud shooters work well as small cannons on ships (mostly pirate ships, but some Star Wars ships too). They don't work well at all as hand-held guns. 

45 minutes ago, Alfadas said:

Stud shooters work well as small cannons on ships (mostly pirate ships, but some Star Wars ships too). They don't work well at all as hand-held guns. 

Even as hand-held guns, I think they look spectacular! I even made a scope for a stud shooter, looks great held by a minifigure!

1 hour ago, Alfadas said:

Agreed.

I agree that usually stud shooters don't work well as handguns, but maybe it could work well for a few OW characters. (I'm thinking about Pharah or Junkrat)

I'm not a fan of stud shooters either, but I think they'll work perfectly in this theme. They'll lower the amount of new molds needed (because the figures themselves are already going to need a TON without counting their weapons) and they'll make the sets a little more kid-friendly.

I quite dislike the stud shooters as well. I think for them to pass up on the opportunity to make some amazing minifig accessories of the weapons (which are very sci-fi for the most part) would be a bad call. But only time will tell!

7 hours ago, Alfadas said:

They do. Sit with a kid on a rainy afternoon, each of you with a stud shooter and a pile of 1x1 round plates and tell me they don't work as hand-held guns. They are great fun. Same with the spring loaded bar shooters.

Aesthetically they might not look good as guns for minifigs, but they are great for play.

20 minutes ago, MAB said:

Aesthetically they might not look good as guns for minifigs

Which was the point of the statement...

On 6/7/2018 at 5:06 AM, J4ck said:

All I’m going to say is: 

yeah, but i've seen some of the guns from overwatch, and those studdies won't cut it, as cool as they are. 

(i like the brown ones used on the minecraft snow golems. don't ask me why.)

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I just noticed that in his recent Harry Potter interview (https://www.hellobricks.com/2018/06/interview-mark-stafford-senior-designer-lego-harry-potter/), senior designer Mark Stafford wore a D.Va Button, perhaps hinting at at least her inclusion? Or am I looking too much into this?

That's not news; between how much Lego likes mechs and how popular D.Va as a character is, it was all but guaranteed that she would be included. Prior to the reveal that there would be Overwatch Lego, if you'd asked me to name as many characters from Overwatch as I could, I would have said, "Tracer, Reaper and D.Va,"

19 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

That's not news; between how much Lego likes mechs and how popular D.Va as a character is, it was all but guaranteed that she would be included. Prior to the reveal that there would be Overwatch Lego, if you'd asked me to name as many characters from Overwatch as I could, I would have said, "Tracer, Reaper and D.Va,"

I see, I must have thought too much of it. Sorry for sharing

Never played or had any interest in Overwatch, but a lot of the character designs are interesting. I hope these are more than Brickheadz, could introduce some nice pieces

3 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Never played or had any interest in Overwatch, but a lot of the character designs are interesting. I hope these are more than Brickheadz, could introduce some nice pieces

There's a rumour circulating that they're going to be construction figures. I hope not, I really want to see minifig scale sets. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296
Typo

17 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

There's a rumour circulating that they're going to be construction figures. I hope not, I really want to see minifig scale sets. 

It's possible that they're all constraction figures. This might be a way to tide over the Bionicle crowd until the next in-house constraction theme. 

However, the fact that until just now no one had posted in this thread since June 25 is kinda telling. Call me a pessimist but I'm sorta expecting a dud :shrug_confused:

These being constraction figures makes a lot of sense. 

Edited by Robert8

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

These being constraction figures makes a lot of sense. 

Like I said, I really hope not. I've been looking forward to having Overwatch-based stuff in my minifig-scale village for ages, but I have zero interest in constraction except for how the parts can be used in proper System stuff. If Overwatch really is all Constraction and Brickheadz, I'm not buying any of them unless they also come with minifigure versions of the characters - and the only precedent for that is the UCS BB-8 and Porg, so I'm not hopeful. 

TLG, would you please just reveal even one set from next year's line to put my fears to rest?

One way or another?

47 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

It's possible that they're all constraction figures. This might be a way to tide over the Bionicle crowd until the next in-house constraction theme. 

However, the fact that until just now no one had posted in this thread since June 25 is kinda telling. Call me a pessimist but I'm sorta expecting a dud :shrug_confused:

Thing is, the Star Wars construction figures were just cancelled because they weren’t popular, so I doubt Lego would bring out a new range any time soon.

i see what you mean about a dud, just look at the Harry Potter and James Bond threads, exploded with replies consistently from rumours to release, not much going on here.

26 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Thing is, the Star Wars construction figures were just cancelled because they weren’t popular, so I doubt Lego would bring out a new range any time soon.

i see what you mean about a dud, just look at the Harry Potter and James Bond threads, exploded with replies consistently from rumours to release, not much going on here.

In my opinion, that's just because there's currently nothing to talk about. We have no leaks, no hints, nothing except confirmation that Overwatch is going to happen. Furthermore, there's no precedent, nothing that's happened before to give any indication I felt what's going to come. And considering how diverse the source material is, we could theoretically see literally anything come out of this theme. 

Personally, I'd love to see Fort Gilbatrar. Anyone got any location wishlists?