Sign in to follow this  
The Stad

AoM Wall Phase 1: The Sorgheim Palisade

The palisade around Sorgheim was erected in haste, though not without care, and its earthen ramparts were broken with bastions that allowed defenders clear sight along the outer face of every wall.  If an enemy were able to make their way to the base of the wall, they would find little shelter from guardsmen's arrows.

27391136397_8c3a0c77f3_z.jpg  

42214954442_95ec4d7d43_z.jpg  

42214954522_a3f3380121_z.jpg  

Another section of a larger scene, this goes with the gatehouse I posted last week.  C&C welcome as always.  Hopefully I'll find more time to finish the other sections soon...

Nicely done, mate!  That tilted wall is great, as is the bastion and the clearance in front of the palisade, and I'm digging the different levels and transition on the inside too! :thumbup:

As said before, these angled walls are gorgeous :wub: 

I like how you used wedge plates to make a walkable slope, though I think it would have looked better a bit irregular. Also a big fan of your variation between rounded (log) pieces and normal reddish brown plates :thumbup: 

The little bit of dirt between the vegetation and the wall is a nice touch. As a buffer, it makes a lot of sense for a wooden wall.

Those are some fantastic wooden walls! Palisade bricks can be tricky to work with, but you made excellent use of them here! Once again the sloped walls are top-notch, and the bastion adds an extra sense of strength to the wall. The timber framing on the back with dirt path inside works beautifully, and is a great way to give access to the wall top without using stairs or ladders :thumbup:

Good to see some rocks in the dirt outside the wall as well :classic:

Lovely shape for the palisade, simple but very clever! Looking forward to seeing the combination at some point

Awesome work, The sloped walls are great, and the built up dirt is something you don't see too often. Which is a shame because it looks great. Maybe try a few stones to pave the path below because at the moment it is looking too dk tan for my liking. Looking forward to seeing it all together.

Edited by The Maestro

Excellent work again.  I like the packed dirt as other have said, as it is very realistic to what was probably done in ancient times (being a simple route to building a wall).  I mentioned before the solid dark tan could use some small detail work (stones, a green stalk her or there) as other have also said, but, if this is going to be part of a larger structure that fits together, it may work when it is large.  I love the color choices, too.  The darker, muted tones are great.

A wall that looks great! The idea of a different kind of wall is really nice! Well done!

I love the sloped wall, and the simple lines and clear colors really make this build look solid and nice. I really have nothing to critique, but I look forward to seeing all of the various pieces that you are assembling put together.