Hi Eurobrick folks,

I would like to present my first Mindstorm Ev3 creation: a combine harvester, which I named C-HARV3ST3R, following the Ev3 terminology. It is more than a year that the project was completed, and it stood for some time on a shelf before I finally made instructions (soon on Rebrickable). I then take the opportunity to present it here:

IMG_20170514_191158-small.jpg

It is remote controlled with the IR beacon, including steering and raising the unloader using the middle button.

IMG_20170514_191447-small.jpg

The header can be raised using a lever on the right side. There are two positions: when down (harvesting mode), the small wheels drive the reel. When up (driving mode), the reel does not turn anymore, and a lever push the touch sensor. The program can therefore "know" whether we are in driving or harvesting mode, based on the state of the touch sensor.

The two modes differer by the following: in harvesting mode, the combine harvester drives more slowly and no reverse driving is allowed. In addition, a counter records how much we have harvested, a gauge (in %) is displayed on the screen at the top of the machine (where the actual tank is on real machines). When the tank is full, no further move is allowed and a "bip" is emitted. One need to either go in driving mode, or to unload the harvest by raising the unloader. In driving mode, the combine harvester moves faster and can move reverse (slow speed, emitting a warning "bip").

But a video is maybe better than words:

Finally, just a few more pics:

IMG_20170514_191622-small.jpg IMG_20170514_191708-small.jpg IMG_20170514_191409-small.jpg

Hope you like it!

I also like it a lot, EV3 has way more potential as standalone set, than I thought. :thumbup:

Great work, it's nice to see a real-life machine modeled with EV3 :thumbup:

Edited by mocbuild101

This is a very nice creation! I love that you made this by only using parts from the original set.