Frostbricks

[MOC] Food Stand Diners (One for the Rollercoaster fans)

23 hours ago, aukevin said:

@Frostbricks  I built your Fry Stand and I was wondering if you had jpegs for the menus?  Looks great!  Thanks!

Not easily, But, here's the secret behind them. I used Indesign to lay it out. Exportd as a pdf. Went down to my local print shop with it on a USB and printed it out. Cut it out and applied with a glue stick. That's it. Totally lo-fi. And easy enough to replicate.

And glad you liked it mate.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:39 PM, Withacee said:

Just wondering: The contents of the gum ball machine does not appear to be LEGO, does it?

No, they're sugar sprinkles, so Minifig sized gumballs. :D

Awesome! Love the builds, very retro-ish. -That`s a good thing tho. Supported and good luck, fingers crossed!!

I love it! I voted for you on lego ideas of course!

I love rollercoaster tycoon.

I am building a theme park diorama for christmas and it will be great inside, is it possible to buy the instruction set?

Great builds! I definitely need those when I'm going to start a themepark project!
So I will vote for you on lego ideas!

Which part do you use for the top of the burger?

I search on bricklink dome or round corner but I did not find the part.

I'm gutted this didn't make it on Ideas. 

Will there be a file release or instructions/parts list for this? I'd love to have these! 

Too bad this didn’t make it indeed... Not a huge fan of fast food personally but really loved the concept and the build as a whole... It would be great to see other food stands from you some day and maybe even uploaded to Lego Ideas! :sweet:

Edited by LegoModularFan

On 5/24/2019 at 2:07 AM, Fuppylodders said:

I'm gutted this didn't make it on Ideas. 

Will there be a file release or instructions/parts list for this? I'd love to have these! 

Likewise, quite gutted not to be able to buy this as an ideas set.  Would love to see a digital designer file, or pdf of instructions.  

Sad that these never made it into production .. I would have loved them in my theme park .. as to there possibly being instructions .. sadly ( it’s all in the terms and conditions ) when you submit an idea to Lego ideas you basically sign your life away with regards to your models and ideas and they state that should they discover you are supplying instructions ( or a number of other things ) they could take action against you. 

Edited by Jarreth2

This was by far my favorite set of this round of IDEAS , sad to see them not make it but making it to 10.000 does mean there's some demand for such sets indeed.

10 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

Sad that these never made it into production .. I would have loved them in my theme park .. as to there possibly being instructions .. sadly ( it’s all in the terms and conditions ) when you submit an idea to Lego ideas you basically sign your life away with regards to your models and ideas and they state that should they discover you are supplying instructions ( or a number of other things ) they could take action against you. 

Sharing of free instructions is allowed it seems : 

https://ideas.lego.com/guidelines

You MAY NOT SELL ANYTHING related to your Product Idea.

You may share photos and building instructions free of charge on your own website and online profiles. However you may not sell building instructions, custom kits, or anything related to your product idea. We will remove product ideas without notice if we learn you are commercializing content submitted to LEGO Ideas.

Edited by TeriXeri

Very much agreed .. but who nowadays wants to give away all their hard work for free and not get at least something .. few and far between I imagine .. but I appreciate what you’re saying 

11 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Sharing of free instructions is allowed it seems : 

https://ideas.lego.com/guidelines

You MAY NOT SELL ANYTHING related to your Product Idea.

Surely though, unless @Frostbricks decides to resubmit his project, can’t he now sell his instructions since it’s no longer a potential set?

This was a great idea and I was really looking forward to building them, so I’d love to get hold of the instructions if @Frostbricks does decide to release them...

Edited by TheL390Man

2 hours ago, TheL390Man said:

Surely though, unless @Frostbricks decides to resubmit his project, can’t he now sell his instructions since it’s no longer a potential set?

This was a great idea and I was really looking forward to building them, so I’d love to get hold of the instructions if @Frostbricks does decide to release them...

I dunno how LEGO handles it after the review phase, I just posted guidelines I read, that's it.

Was more meant as information, nothing else.

It's possible that there's a certain time frame where the idea expires the "rights".

It's because I also saw some Chemical plant instructions for sale on ebay, and likely not from the original creator, it's a bit of a shady side of people  to profit from other's work. 

Edited by TeriXeri

As Lego rules, they still have the rights for 2 years after rejecting the Idea.

I am not sure about distributing instructions for free, but there is always a potential for non-related donations to the creator.