BaronSat

Batcave & Wayne manor

theaterindex.gif

Hello,

I have put on line some photos of my last Batman model : the Batcave with Wayne manor.

Batcave-02.jpg

The others can been seen on my website.

Tell me what you think.

BaronSat

its ok but the layouts not to good as the bat cave is under wayne manyor and that is lookin pretty bare right now

whers the winston?

I have to agree with Pencoin,is that an elavator in the middle of the house?

Edited by wulf

It's good to see you around BaronSat!

You've truly outdone yourself once again! I like your model alot better than TLCs *y*

*sweet*

It's good to see you around BaronSat!

You've truly outdone yourself once again! I like your model alot better than TLCs *y*

*sweet*

Thanks guys. I'm always pleased to be here.

BTW I forgot to say that if you have any question...

And yes it's an elevator in the center of the manor.

Hello,

I have put on line some photos of my last Batman model : the Batcave with Wayne manor.

Batcave-02.jpg

The others can been seen on my website.

Tell me what you think.

BaronSat

I think it is certainly an improvement over the official Batcave set, which wasn't so much a cave as a set of platforms. Your MOC makes it look like a cave environment. The sewer tunnel looks great, as does the Bat-computer above it. Does the tunnel fit any of the water vehicles?

My only two criticisms would be that the dinosaur, although fun, looks like an after-thought, and the inclusion of the Wayne Manor facade breaks up the cohesion of the cave modules. When the two cave modules are linked together (as on your website), and the Manor is absent, it looks much cooler. Maybe build up the Manor as a separate stand alone set?

Tacitus.

I like it a lot. I do wish the front of it was more than just a facade, but it is a beautiful front for the manor. I don't have a problem with the manor being front of the cave instead of on top of it--just wish there was a little more to the manor.

Great job--I love the detail you've worked into it.

And where'd you get the Joker card at?

... Does the tunnel fit any of the water vehicles?

My only two criticisms would be that the dinosaur, although fun, looks like an after-thought....

Tacitus.

Honestly I didn't had any try as I had no offical model build around at that moment. The size is 16 studs wide (at the maximum) and 7 bricks high, does it help?

The dinosaur wasn't an after-thought, since the begining I wanted to place one. But it's a bit big and I didn't want it to take too much room.

... I do wish the front of it was more than just a facade, but it is a beautiful front for the manor. I don't have a problem with the manor being front of the cave instead of on top of it--just wish there was a little more to the manor so I placed it at the bottom.

And where'd you get the Joker card at?

I wishes the manor would have been larger too, but as it is a model I built for a customer it had to fit the budget.

The Joker card is a custom sticker, made from various designs I found in comics. It is applied on a 6 x 4 plate.

Honestly I didn't had any try as I had no offical model build around at that moment. The size is 16 studs wide (at the maximum) and 7 bricks high, does it help?

The dinosaur wasn't an after-thought, since the begining I wanted to place one. But it's a bit big and I didn't want it to take too much room.

I wishes the manor would have been larger too, but as it is a model I built for a customer it had to fit the budget.

The Joker card is a custom sticker, made from various designs I found in comics. It is applied on a 6 x 4 plate.

I gotta be honest with you, the set looks okay, it actually looks more like a playset than a MOC :-/

Anyway, I like the joker card, the water tunnel and parts of the computer area, but the rest looks a bit, I dunno,wierd. Sorry if I seem a bit vague, nice try though.

I gotta be honest with you, the set looks okay, it actually looks more like a playset than a MOC :-/

Anyway, I like the joker card, the water tunnel and parts of the computer area, but the rest looks a bit, I dunno,wierd. Sorry if I seem a bit vague, nice try though.

I agree. Something just does not look right. The sewer tunnel looks brilliant though.

Simply brilliant BaronSat, I would easily buy this! I love how modular it is, great job in including the mechanical dinosaur and giant Joker card, I love that custom decal. Is the giant penny there too? I can't tell. Anyway, I love the Gotham sewers, and Wayne Manor looks superb! :'-) I simply love the modularity, you've created a fine set up there! And you've proven that Wayne Manor doesn't have to be massive to be great!

To the Bricksignal! >:-)

I like the idea of puting an elevator in the house ,but not in the middle of the house.

Absolutely wonderful! *sweet*

Though I think a bigger Manor would have been better, but it's great anyway! ) *y*

A very smooth and cool work indeed, everything just looks pretty fine, very playable and well thought-out. *y*

All the neat details like the Batcomputer and that sewer´re really clever and distinct, and the facade of Wayne Manor

looks very good too. Only the ramp don´t line up with the vehicle dock, and perhaps the (very smart) swiveling wall

piece looks a bit bland.... maybe a swiveling piece of furniture would look better.... 8-|

Thanks to you all for your many and detailled answers.

To answer many people at the same time (remember I'm a lazy guy ;-) ) yes, my model looks like a playset and it is intentionnal. I wanted to have something simple and even naive, something that could be a mix of modern and vintage playsets.

It seems many of you like the sewers and I like it a lot too, don't know why? When I look at it I feel very Kowabunga... :-D

It looks pretty cool but like other people have said, isn't the batcave under wayne manor? Still, good job, nice MOC.