Rating  

93 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

28459530798_562fb29e49_o.jpg

Name: 10261 LEGO Creator Expert: Roller Coaster
Theme: Creator Expert
Year: 2018
Pieces: 4124
Price: $379.99 US – $479.99 CN – DE 329.99€ – FR 349.99€ – UK £299.99 – DK 2699DKK
Resources: Bricklink Brickset

Hello everyone and welcome to my review of the Creator Expert Roller Coaster. I don't know what it is about 2018, but this is the year of Roller Coasters; Lego first introduced a new roller coaster element in the Joker Manor set, and now they are going all out with those new track pieces, I believe they are appearing in 7+ sets this year, and 3-4 of those are roller coasters! But this set is the king, the largest of them all and indeed the largest set I have ever owned. Does bigger make it better? Read on the find out if this massive set is worth the hefty price tag of $380, or if you should be sticking to some of those roller coaster alternatives instead.

I would also like to thank LEGO for sending me this set to review; please note that while this set was provided, my opinions in the below review will be my own opinion from the perspective of if I had purchased this set from a store, and thus will be very open and honest opinions. 

Front

28348240598_6008532ca1_z.jpg

As expected, the box is massive as this if a 4124 piece 380$ set, so it needs to have some shelf presence. Being that this is a creator expert set, things are pretty simply, just showing off the set on a backdrop as well as the dimensions of the set.

Back

41499673544_f34976c96d_z.jpg

On the back we see some closeups of the set, a look at the various functions, as well as the ability to incorporate power functions. 

Instructions

40414144150_9d28dca22e_z.jpg

Instructions are packaged along with the sticker sheet

Stickers

28348163998_7348e9795c_z.jpg

As expected you have a sticker sheet, though it's certainly not too extensive of one when you compare to a set like Ninjago City. 

Minifigures

First round

42174867852_e540501f61_z.jpg

27350127417_1c50f36ffb_z.jpg

For the minifigures in this set, as per Lego standard you build them at various stages throughout the build. The first round of minifigures you build includes an elderly man with a terrified secondary face, a female designed to be the cotton candy saleswoman, and a little girl who was a little top-heavy due to the cotton candy in her hand. I quite like the usage of the beehive piece here being re-purposed as cotton candy. 

Second round

41522440094_b1010f7fa7_z.jpg

27373470097_4c9285d403_z.jpg

Next up we get a Lego Employee, which is a little odd as I didn't imagine this series of fairground sets to be run by Lego employees. He has no secondary face print. We also get a woman designed to man the Juice stand. Her alternative face print is a slight change to the eyebrows, nothing really major.

Third round

42197461402_a74ab8b714_z.jpg

27373340077_2562bbcf5d_z.jpg

Moving on we have a guy with a camera and appropriately enough an alternative face that will strike fear into anyone sitting behind him on the roller coaster. Looks like he should have stuck to the Ferris wheel. We also get a female with a scared alternative face, and another Lego Employee.

...and three more

28371245548_9b098b5b7d_z.jpg

40436866560_4e7f0ea55f_z.jpg

Our first figure here has the scared expression as his default face. Looks like he won't be going to space (as advertised on his shirt) anytime soon if he is this scared of roller coasters. next we have a girl who likely will be sitting on the park bench...either that or she is insanely calm on a roller coaster.  Last we have a slick looking minifigure with only one printed face. But with glasses like that, who needs anything else? He's too cool to be scared by your silly coaster.

Cotton Candy Cart
41320162315_5815232b54_n.jpg41499589074_9b4303b4d4_n.jpg
42174843112_25c29c7837_z.jpg
42221071061_e682228007_z.jpg

Our first actual build of the set is this small cotton candy cart. I really like how this was built, it features some small wheels that can roll as well as a lovely pink umbrella. The interior portion of the "candy making dish" can spin, though this doesn't really do much. It's a simple and effective build

Foundation of right side
40413998330_a336e1edf0_n.jpg40413995470_9ab38ee944_n.jpg
41320150455_07bf3919c1_z.jpg

The coaster's build is split into three different phases: First you build the right side, then the left side, and then you merge them together and put on some finishing touches with bag 11. Here you can see the foundation of the right side, which begins with some large green base plates, covered in 2x2 jumper plates.The structure of the coaster begins with some grey beams made up on 1xX plates and tiles as well as 1x2 plates with hinges. Get used to building these constructs, because you are going to build a lot of them. And I mean, a lot.

Poles...so many poles
41320694735_7afbef7553_o.jpg

Here's another thing you will be building a lot of: support beams.This set has over 500 2x2 round bricks in white, so you know that this is going to be a repetitive process. Most of the poles do differ in their design, and may have axles to support them, but the general idea is the same as the above. 

Bench and park map
41320120885_a36dac582f_z.jpg

Next we build this lovely little bench and park map, which shows off the other fairground sets (Ferris Wheel and Carousel) but does not reference the Mixer.

Tree top
28348112538_e2950dfa3d_z.jpg

I believe these trees use some new elements, that being the new leaves, as well as studs with a "flower" design to them. (We also see these studs in lavender and pink in the set). I quite like how these trees look.

Building right side
41499566584_1c86ba4a1e_n.jpg42174809362_b1195971c5_n.jpg
40413952010_ca7ca1ffe5_n.jpg41499853914_bf659c32d4_n.jpg

Here we can see the basic idea of how the coaster is built: You build up support beams that I had shown earlier, and then, similar to the grey supports on the ground, you build those in white/dark blue to hold the poles together.Once in a while you throw on some of the coaster tracks... and that's pretty much how this coaster is built. It doesn't get much more involved than that. But hey, someone lost their hat! What a nice little detail.

One thing you might notice is we toss in the bench, sign, and tree. We break from realism a bit here because sitting on a bench right under a coaster track...that's not ideal.

Coaster Sign
42175239092_56584ec4cb_z.jpg

My favorite parts of this set are the smaller builds, this Coaster sign included: I love Lego lettering, and this one looks quite nice, even though Coaster isn't a very inspiring name for a ride. I particularly love the use of the roller skates in gold to imitate the 3-car trains that go around this track, which look like they are going around on a little track of their own thanks to the extra large "S."

Top of climb

41320057615_1b78ba7ae6_n.jpg27350049767_8cd8356a9d_n.jpg
41320053115_b90a48926d_z.jpg

Here's one of the first technic-inspired constructs of the set. This is located at the top of the climb. This will also connect to the wheels in the next photos...

Wheels

41320048495_0f27bbc07a_z.jpg

Most traditional roller coaster hills end in an immediate drop. However, that would have caused this coaster to be even wider than it already is, so what Lego opted to do here was to create a curve right before the drop. To propel the coaster, you build up these three identical wheel segments, which are then connected to the first technic construct.  

Completed right side (mostly)

40437217110_62d644811e_z.jpg

Here we have the mostly completed right side. This side is taller, while the next side is going to be wider. As you can see, it's not fully complete- some tracks are still missing, but we will see more added to this in the final steps of the build.

Starting left side

27374080007_8a23d144cf_n.jpg27373566707_31a90bf31c_n.jpg

Look familiar? This side does get spiced up with a pathway for the minifigures, and is a nice change of pace. It's a basic path and nothing special, but I enjoy the little features such as the fountain and the recycling cans.

Juice Stand

42244325881_0f4df73b30_z.jpg
42197513092_4a5884e7b2_z.jpg

Next you build up this adorable little juice stand, which appears to be an...orange and lime stand? That's an interesting combo. The spring yellow used here is a fantastic color (though it looks more tan in the photos above), and I like the small blender build.

Ticket / Photo Booth

40436655640_5a6bd7f611_z.jpg
41342846355_9ef561c98a_z.jpg

The next booth is a two sided booth with a spinning chair inside. One side allows you to purchase a coaster ticket, while the other side has some photos of minifigures on the coaster. I love this detail, as there is a camera on the main drop, and these stickers are specialized to look like minifgures in this set, even including the small bird.

Main function housing

42197493532_48d280611f_n.jpg41522339804_618925e4b6_n.jpg
41522332764_cc7278c9c5_z.jpg

Next, we build what will serve as your manual control box. The axle to the left will be used to spin the gears for the lift, which will in turn spin the propulsion wheels at the top of the lift. Next, you have that black technic beam; this is the "lock", a wheel will eventually be stuck on top of that red axle, and this construct can be slid to either stop the roller coaster at the gates, or let the coaster continue for another lap of the track. The gears allow this red axle/wheel to spin, which will be our initial launching mechanism.

More building on left side

42244180811_f51d1e73f8_n.jpg28370806968_9c2c91803e_n.jpg
28371247338_12230cab66_n.jpg28370811258_676bd8ea31_n.jpg

We add the function box, slap a platform on top of it, and continue with a similar build as the right side; poles, horizontal framing, tracks, repeat. I did enjoy the way the roof was built over the top of the platform.

Roller coaster carts (light blue)

41521974594_7b0bdea3e8_z.jpg

This wouldn't be much of a roller coaster if it didn't have something to roll on it! You build two sets of three cards, one using the azure color as seen above, and one using a brighter blue.These of course use the roller coaster car pieces seen in the Joker Manor.

Track switcher
42197765112_e12109411a_z.jpg

Here's another neat function of the set; you can have one cart on the track, and have the other set in "reserve."  when you send off the first cart, you can pull this out to have the second cart go around.

Completed Coaster

Front

42243896561_9c52ff7374_z.jpg

Back

41521967594_35da8f2683_z.jpg

Okay, so now that we have finished the coaster, let's talk about this thing.

Size. It's massive. I'm not even sure how to show you any size comparisons of this without breaking out of my photo setup (which I had to throw together for this review, because I've never had a set this massive in hand before...) I'm going to be honest, this set is going to end up being torn down and used as parts eventually, but I feel as though that process may happen sooner than I anticipated because I just have no where to stick this thing. Now, what about the....

Stability. This is a fear I've heard from many. Rest assured, it's pretty tough. I was building this in a separate room from where I was photographing it, and had to constantly pick it up and set it back down. It's not easy, mind you, and I had to ensure everything was pushed back down into place so that the track would work properly, but it did not crumple to pieces in my hands. I would recommend having your hands focused on the sides as that's where it's the heaviest. 

Playability. This set is designed for one major reason: To have the ride go around the coaster. And it does this in a really neat way, but be warned that it can have issues. I'm not sure if I built something wrong, I've checked and it seems to me that everything is correct, but on mine I have a major issue with the climb, specifically the track that pulls the cart up. In fact, the bright blue cart cannot go up this hill when it is motorized, it throws it off the side, but the azure cart has no problems. Odd. 

Also, the "lock" seems odd. If I pull out the lock to stop the cart, the cart will hit it and bounce backwards. I have to manually push it to get it back up tot he lock, so that I can use the crack to send it on it's way. And when it is sent, sometimes it will not "catch" at the bottom of the climb and will roll backward.

Like I said, this might be a problem only I'm having; I've seen videos where it is functioning properly, so this seems to be an error on my side, but it's a frustrating problem I'm dealing with and is worthy of being mentioned. With that aside, it does what it needs to do; it sends the cart around the track. It has the same level of playability as the Ferris Wheel or Carousel, so if you enjoyed those sets, you know what you are getting here

Realism; I've heard some complaints about the wheels at the top of the lift causing a lack of realism. Let's be honest, realism has to be thrown out the window with this one. You've got a park bench UNDER the coaster, and the entire pathway, ticket booth, etch are all under the coaster tracks, which really is not logical nor would you see that in real life. But it's Lego, and for that reason I excuse these things. 

Function

As mentioned above, mine is having some technical issues that I can't quite iron out yet, and so as you can see from the above video there is quite a bit of resistance in the chain that should be pulling the cart up the track. Nonetheless, you can see how this functions and the basic idea of how this works. Note that in this scenario, I do not have the lock engaged, so the cart can keep going around the track endlessly. It's also not the quietest thing around, but then what roller coaster is?

Pay those Disney prices

27372873707_31b3facb2d_z.jpg

Tickets at $100? Cotton candy also is $100, seems like Disney is influencing the prices here.

Spend even more money

27372871937_fdcff56d80_z.jpg

Measure up

28370468608_622c2da001_z.jpg

Wait in line

28370469158_830564cda1_z.jpg

In addition to things like the cotton candy cart, the ticket booth and juice stands, and the roller coaster sign, this is my other favorite part of the set. It's just one of those builds that uses some creative parts and immerses you into this roller coaster experience.

Back of the waiting line

27372874397_12961c32c4_z.jpg

You'll never see lines that short at a theme park!

Up we go

41521965614_a453b92ab6_z.jpg

Smile for the camera

27372874407_4dc9531bb0_z.jpg

Pick up your photos

42243709671_2f768c575c_z.jpg

Design: 8.5/10 - Roller coasters are difficult to design, and I think that Lego did a good job here of creating a design that not only looks good,but also has a fairly long track for the cars to drive around on. They managed to fit in a lot of neat little details with the various concession stands, and of course the entire set having the option to be automated is a fantastic feat. My main reason for holding back the score here is because I like themes, and really would have liked this coaster more if it was given some kind of theme to spice it up a little bit, which would have helped the set in all categories. Perhaps that's just my love of Disneyworld talking...

Parts: 8/10 - Okay so for this section, I am going to give the set an 8, but I am going to talk more about this in the price section. On one hand, if you are in need of certain narrow plates and tiles, large green plates, 2x2 round bricks, etc, this set is a goldmine for you. And, it comes with the added bonus of having a plethora of the new roller coaster tracks in red. So I'm giving it an 8 because many parts in this set come in high quantities. On the flipside, other than the tracks, I can't say that anything here is quite as exciting as say a Ninjago City when it comes to parts. 

Build: 7.5/10 - I have built a lot of Lego sets, and this one...wasn't enjoyable to me. It's one of the first times where I'm just sitting there saying "I wish this thing was done already." Many people anticipated this build would be boring because of all of the poles and crossbeams, and you are right. Sure, each support piece has a unique build, but the general idea is the same and that's just not that thrilling. The most exciting parts of the set are the functional sections like the various gearboxes, as well as the small stands for Juice, Cotton Candy, etc. Now with that said, I'm not knocking it too hard here, because...it's a roller coaster. Lego can only do so much to spice up the build of one, and I would say they actually made a pretty interesting design here. 

Price: 6/10 - Here's a major point of discussion among many; the price of this set. At 4124 pieces and 380, is the price per part ratio a bad deal at first glance? Not really. However, it's not as great as many other large sets released recently.  So we have to look at the parts contained within this set. Do they justify the price? Over 500 of them are white 2x2 round bricks, and 203 are "links" used to pull the carts up the initial hill, and also quite a few 2x2 green jumper plates used on the base of the coaster. Take that away, and you are left with basically a lot of 1xX plates, tiles, and 1x2s with clips making up the remaining inventory here.  The main notable pieces would be the large variety of roller coaster tracks, likely the most we will ever see in one set. And of course...the size. This set is absolutely massive. It's not a dense set, but it has a huge footprint, I'm not sure much comes between this and the UCS Falcon. So if you enjoy massive completed sets, this one is a certain pickup.

Overall: 30/40 (75%) Here's the thing about this set: You know what you are getting into before you buy it. At $380, the people who are going to buy this set already have a reason to; maybe you are trying to complete your fairgrounds collection, or maybe you love massive sets, roller coasters, or 2x2 white round bricks. It's not a bad set by any means, and in fact as a non-thematic roller coaster, it's great, and I really appreciate that Lego has created this set as it's something that has been highly requested in the past. Ultimately, I think where it falls short for me is that it's part of the Creator line, and while I understand that it sticks to the same limitations as the Carousel and the Ferris Wheel, this set for some reason doesn't seem as "cool" as the upcoming Pirates roller coaster set, which lets you rebuild the set into some genius alternative models...and for a much lower price. It's a big, all out roller coaster design that's mean to be displayed, and it does that well. For me, I think my roller coaster cravings will be better satisfied with the Pirate coaster; but if you are a coaster fanatic, this is a really fun set to have. it just carries with it a high cost, a build that can suffer from repetitiveness at times, and honestly a large footprint which can be a problem itself.

What are your thoughts on this set? Are you planning on picking it up?

Review is now live!

Having had the opportunity to play with this set a couple of weeks ago at the LEGO store, I would have to say your review is spot on. You echo my thoughts of this set to a tee, thank you for the in depth review, we see so few of these in this era of video u-tube reviews. 

I do like the set unfortunately I just don't have the space, it is huge, or money to get it, wish I could just buy every set but I do have to exercise some self control, so this set gets a pass for me. 

Epic review!  Nicely done.

I was super excited about this set, and picked it up first thing on the day of its release.  It took me about 11 hours to build, at a leisurely pace.  I found it to be a fairly enjoyable building process.

Overall I love this set.  It looks great, and it's a lot of fun to play around with.

I do have one problem with its functionality.  Using the brake/wheel, it's really hard to get the train around the corner, down the little drop, and to the base of the hill climb.  If I turn the knob in the intended way (in a circular motion, counter-clockwise), the wheel will push the train out of the station, but then the train will usually come to a halt before reaching the drop.  If I'm lucky, it will make it around the corner, down the drop, but then not have enough momentum to engage with the chain-lift.  It doesn't matter how quickly I make that wheel spin, it doesn't give the train enough speed to get to the lift.

Luckily, while watching Jang's review of the set, I noticed his technique for releasing the train from the station.  If you set up the crank at around the 9 o'clock position, then violently thrust it downwards (still counter-clockwise) to the 6 o'clock position, you'll get the most propulsion.  Basically do those short, 45 degree thrusts, three times (once for each section of the train), and it will reliably make it to the chain-lift (and catch it, allowing it to go up the hill).

I've noticed a lot of video reviews not showing their trains failing to make it from the station to the hill-climb. They'll cut from a close-up of the train being propelled out of the station, to a close-up at a different angle on the train going up the chain-lift.  It would be nice if more people would acknowledge this problem, and help provide fixes.

It looks like a fun set, but sadly I won't be picking it up - partly due to footprint, and partly due to price.

I've basically been skipping the amusement ride series of sets for those reasons, but I do quite like the models from the line

I like the set, but had a choice to either build a theme park or spend the money on the Ninjago City sets and have some extra room for future modular. Went with the latter. 

Thank you for doing this excellent review. 

I'm impressed that LEGO has made this effort. They committed to an amusement park theme, and they have delivered, year after year. 

That said,  I feel exactly like others have indicated.  I have bought none of the previous sets, and don't plan to buy this one, as they are too big for display.  I like big complex sets, and generally buy them. But the difference between this set and the equally expensive Cafe Corner and some of the large Ninjago constructions is that the latter are much denser, and can be reasonably well displayed on a shelf, or packed together without taking up an entire table.   

Great review!

Still on the fence whether to get it or not. I really do like the set, but I won't be using it for display or in a town or something. We'll see.

Thanks for the insights though.

It's worth saying one thing for those looking to make their own coasters. This set is the only set so far to have the straight steep risers included. (under the chain lift section) Meaning it's not yet possible to make that kind of steep incline in L.Bley yet, and a must for those looking to MOC their own coaster.

Thanks for the excellent review. I think I will pass on this set, I already have the Fairground Mixer, Ferris Wheel and Carrousel, but this set is.......too big! I live on a department and now with all my Lego sets (trains, modularI'm short of space (my wife is almost killing me and my son :@)

But, hey, thanks to Lego for this long-awaited set! (I'm still waiting for a new train engine shed...)

It's a great set which I'll try and own at some point, but I'll live in hope they offer this set via Smyths toys and I'll await a 20 - 25% discount which will hopefully come at some point.

On 5/19/2018 at 7:09 PM, VBBN said:

Stability. This is a fear I've heard from many. Rest assured, it's pretty tough. I was building this in a separate room from where I was photographing it, and had to constantly pick it up and set it back down. It's not easy, mind you, and I had to ensure everything was pushed back down into place so that the track would work properly, but it did not crumple to pieces in my hands. I would recommend having your hands focused on the sides as that's where it's the heaviest. 

:oh: This review required so much work!! You did an amazing job here. Fantastic work highlighting and detailing the great number of builds, techniques and facets of this set, along with the prescience to stop now and again to carry it over to your studio setup and photograph.

Its one of those legendary sets that looks so wildly fun to build but wouldn't have anywhere to keep it.

This review was pretty amazing. Talking about the set, even having read the review, I won't be buying it. First reason, footprint, second reason, for over 4000 pieces, it's aesthetically a bit stale. I do understand Lego definitely had to keep it on an acceptable price range, but for me, the function just doesn't pay off. If I want an entirely aesthetic and big model, I'll but a modular, if I choose playability, there's plenty of machines and awesome kinetic scupltures around the interenet to build. This fall in an odd in-between that just doesn't work for me. And I'm a big rollercoaster lover.

On 20/5/2018 at 4:09 AM, VBBN said:

Track switcher
42197765112_e12109411a_z.jpg

Here's another neat function of the set; you can have one cart on the track, and have the other set in "reserve."  when you send off the first cart, you can pull this out to have the second cart go around.

Just one note, in rollercoaster jargon, this is called a "transfer track" :wink:

A great review of a good set I won't be buying.

On 20.5.2018 at 4:09 AM, VBBN said:

What are your thoughts on this set? Are you planning on picking it up?

It's the most overrated, overhyped and overpriced set that LEGO has released in a very long time. So no, I won't be buying this set. However, I could see myself getting the Pirate Rollercoaster at the right price.

48 minutes ago, 3797 said:

It's the most overrated, overhyped and overpriced set that LEGO has released in a very long time. So no, I won't be buying this set. However, I could see myself getting the Pirate Rollercoaster at the right price.

I personally feel you're over exaggerating a bit. There wasn't really too much hype around this set, nothing more than any other fairground or modular set. As for over rated and over priced, we all uave our own thoughts and that's what makes us individuals and enjoy different things :sweet:

I bought this straight away, not regretting it, although this is larger than I initially thought, I'm going to struggle to build it on the small space I cleared on my desk :laugh: But I shall build it and enjoy it. I do like the red outline on the instructions for the pieces for that step, it helps a lot with a lot of it being similar. 

I'm looking forward to getting a second one to make a huge coaster set, I'm also looking forward to seeing what other people do to modify theirs. except I'll wait for double vip for that.

I went to my local LEGO store to see this set today. It looked better than I thought it would, but it was even bigger than  I thought it was.  Great set, but too big for my available display area. 

I like the review VBBN, it is a nice set. Expensive, but more or less a must-have. I think my nieces and nephews will really like it, I showed them the video and they were very enthusiastic. Hope that will keep my nephews from playing Godzilla in my town then too ;)

Amazing review, thank you! I would never have wanted to even try to set up a reviewing space big enough for this :laugh:

I do think it's awesome what LEGO has done here. Though I haven't seen the set in front of me yet, I can tell it's massive, and so I feel like the price is probably justified even though it's quite hollow. LEGO has been moving in a direction of smaller but denser models jampacked with more details, so it's nice to see a set that preferences scale over detail now and again. With a roller coaster they were kind of forced to do that, but still nice to see!

When I look at this set I feel exactly like this minifig.

title.jpg

Thanks everyone for providing your insights as well as compliments to the review! 

I wanted to share a couple of quick photos of the set, first a few size comparisons (these are of course not professional as I could not fit these in my studio and thus why they are not in my review, I mainly just want to show you the scale of this compared to a few of the larger Lego sets I own.-

40588331100_f0fa72b20e_z.jpg

27526047117_d7f4bb0eec_z.jpg

Also I wanted to make a comment regarding spare pieces in this set. I feel like every time I get a set early to review it always is either missing pieces, a smashed box, or some other issue, so it's no surprise that I've had some oddities with this one; I am missing one element, a white 1x2 plate with hinge replacing one of the studs. This set has a ton of that part and that's easy enough to get a replacement of from LEGO. but, I had a lot of spare pieces...pieces that are not even supposed to be in this set!! Did anyone get these elements in their set?

27526046307_f673f70917_n.jpg

On 5/24/2018 at 8:57 PM, ZO6 said:

I do have one problem with its functionality.  Using the brake/wheel, it's really hard to get the train around the corner, down the little drop, and to the base of the hill climb.  If I turn the knob in the intended way (in a circular motion, counter-clockwise), the wheel will push the train out of the station, but then the train will usually come to a halt before reaching the drop.  If I'm lucky, it will make it around the corner, down the drop, but then not have enough momentum to engage with the chain-lift.  It doesn't matter how quickly I make that wheel spin, it doesn't give the train enough speed to get to the lift.

It's good to hear I'm not the only one struggling to get the function to work here, I have the same issues; I have to send the carts through in the manner you mentioned, and additionally only one of my sets of carts will go up the slimb, the other one really struggles and while it will eventually "catch" onto the chain, motorizing the set will just throw it off.

15 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Amazing review, thank you! I would never have wanted to even try to set up a reviewing space big enough for this :laugh:

I do think it's awesome what LEGO has done here. Though I haven't seen the set in front of me yet, I can tell it's massive, and so I feel like the price is probably justified even though it's quite hollow. LEGO has been moving in a direction of smaller but denser models jampacked with more details, so it's nice to see a set that preferences scale over detail now and again. With a roller coaster they were kind of forced to do that, but still nice to see!

It was definitely a challenge, normally the thought of suing fabric as a backdrop makes me want to scream and I definitely had my struggles with this one and have some ways in which I would have changed things up, but it's a miracle I was able to get this thing done without smashing my camera to pieces.

It's certainly a massive set as you can see from above photos; I passed by my local LEGo store today and this beast officially dethroned the UCS Falcon on display, replacing it's display. Even Lego is struggling with floorspace for it :laugh:

Great review and awesome pics ! As for the set, it looks very good, but i think the price is somehow on the high note. The major problem for me is the space it takes to display it. Also the minifigs look some kind of simple, I wish they had more accessories.