Hi. Just wanted you all to know that me and the project are still very much alive. Just have a lot of other stuff on my table, mostly regarding my LUG past and upcoming events and lugbulk. And I haven't got much further with Beemer than the tail lights...

On 8/22/2018 at 3:45 PM, GiantAmbushBeetle said:

Looks very promising already, the shapes are excellent. Hope I'll live long enough to see the full model one day. :wink:

Hahaha... thanks. Yea... it takes a lot of patients to wait till my MOCs are done. I know. I can work on one item for two or more years.

But let's hope that this will not be the case. Thou - I haven't had much time past two months. But (again) - turns out - compared to the last picture - I have managed to finish the rear fender and I think I'm on a right tract for the tail light and rear end section. Will see..

.40330362_1705723032858554_78995195698306

Edited by Rolic

That looks stunning! I can't wait to see the finished product- you have captured the flowing lines beautifully using LEGO bricks. :wub:

Thank you all for the interest You show in my build process. 

Well.. I think I'll call this "enough, time to move on" with the tail light. Move to the roof. Always wanted to try out a roof out of LEGO Technik elements. It's stronger, leaves no gaps. But it has those curved-in places where the two beams meet. What do you think of this?

44357824221_2cbea50ed1.jpg

Of course, the black panel will be replaced with blue one.

44309692642_f14a9a081d.jpg

I think I'm done with the exterior. Maybe some bits will get changed as I build the interior structure, but.. in general - this should be it. So now I'll take roof off again and finish what's left for the interior. Rear seats, engine compartment, dash, other bits. I'm getting there. And I really like the outcome. Do you? Tell me - what would you do different?

44398049111_203d201653_z.jpg

Can you maybe upload some more pictures from the different sides against a white background, like this we can better see for instance the rear and provide you useful feedback. Thanks!

This might be the last work-in-progres picture. Why? Because I'm at that stage where most of the parts are done. Now I'm taking them one-by-one apart and see if I can build those with stronger bricks, add some more studs to connect to, strengthen the insides and stuff like that. So.. see ya in a months maybe with nice and clean pics of the finished product.

44885005022_3f9480d030_z.jpg