Rogue Angel

Brickworld Chicago 2018

No love for Brickworld this year? I am very excited, but have way too much to build yet (as usual).

Definitely starting to feel the panic set in here as well for Brickworld, as I'm setting up and organizing the Broadcasting Studio there! But it's gonna be an extra fun and I can't wait to see all the fun live-streams that'll be taking place in the studio!

I am fairly sure my family is wondering if they have a Dad/Husband anymore, I've been "clicking" bricks non-stop for the past month, I even took some time off next week just to build.

18 hours ago, bmerrill said:

I’m looking forward to it, but am still sorting out what project(s) to complete by then. 

:oh3: And here I thought I was the only one behind.

Brickfilm enthusiasts from all over the United States met at the Brickfilm Festival organized by David Pickett aka Brick101. Many brickfilms submitted their participation and the public voted for the best of them.   

Brickworld Chicago 2018 was an incredible success, bringing together Lego fans from across the United States - and the world - together for an incredible five-day event. We reported on the announcement of the Brickworld Film Festival earlier in the year and awaited to hear the results. Brick à Brack moderator Chris (@chris_gbp) was there at Brickworld to report on the festival itself. With twenty-three entries playing and countless attendees viewing the films throughout the convention, the festival culminated on Saturday evening with an hour's worth of public viewing and an audience vote.

Two award categories - one for the Best Film from the convention attendees and one for the Best Film from the international brickfilm community - were presented at the festival. Twenty films were entered into the running and were enjoyed by the audience. After each film was screened in a private hall within the convention center, ballots were passed out and the audience voted on their favorite films.

"We had a great film festival at Brickworld Chicago this year," film festival coordinator David Pickett commented. "We're really happy to be one of the longest-running brickfilm festivals in North America and that we are able to share the art form with the AFOL community and the public."

Without further ado, the winners of the Brickworld Film Festival are ...

Best Film - Attendee: 

Best Film - International: 

This was the seventh year of the Brickworld Film Festival - with two years of international entries - and the event will continue again next year. Congratulations to all of the winners! Be sure to check out their entries and support these fantastic animators. 

As next year's Brickworld Chicago rolls around, consider submitting one of your brickfilms for the festival - and possibly even attending next year's convention!

discover our old articles HERE