LM71Blackbird

[COR-FB-Class 4 Ship] Brig, "Puffin"

Class 4 Brig, "Puffin"

42151027192_5d865bbc59_b.jpgBrig 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

The most recent ship out of the Quinnsville shipyards is a lightly armed brig! It is small and highly maneuverable. It is pierced for up to 14 8-pound cannons though it currently has none below deck. When not loaded with guns, it has a surprisingly high amount of cargo space.

41476277834_2344559349_c.jpgBrig 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

42151026942_7ca591201d_c.jpgBrig 4 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

So I've been messing around with some different techniques for ships and this is what I came up with for a brick built style hull. Thanks goes to @Legostone for helping me with some proper dimensions on the hull! C&C are welcome and appreciated and more ships and builds to come! Thanks for looking!

This is a really nice ship, great job with the smooth curves of the hull, not to mention the sails!  Great colors too, which considering that I am Eslandian is high praise! :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

This is a really nice ship, great job with the smooth curves of the hull, not to mention the sails!  Great colors too, which considering that I am Eslandian is high praise! :pir-grin:

Thanks! I'm really proud of how the whole build turned out. I'm glad that an Eslandian can appreciate Corrie colors as well!

I'm really impressed with this.  The hull shaping is great, especially at this relatively small size, and the sails look wonderful too!  The pics on flickr of the ship being build in the yard are a nice touch. Any idea how sound that hull would be in real brick?  Doesn't look like there's much keeping those curves together.

I really like the overall color scheme, and that spiritsail is a lovely touch.  :classic:

9 minutes ago, deraven said:

I'm really impressed with this.  The hull shaping is great, especially at this relatively small size, and the sails look wonderful too!  The pics on flickr of the ship being build in the yard are a nice touch. Any idea how sound that hull would be in real brick?  Doesn't look like there's much keeping those curves together.

I really like the overall color scheme, and that spiritsail is a lovely touch.  :classic:

Thank you very much! The way I have it built the curves wouldn't hold up that well. If built in real bricks it would need some more framing in the hull for proper stability. Definitely doable, just not quite sure how... :blush:

I think this is a favorite of mine now .  The shape turned out quite well a very convincing brig.

5 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I think this is a favorite of mine now .  The shape turned out quite well a very convincing brig.

Thank you! I'm really happy with how it turned out!

Fantastic ship!  It seem the new curved bricks allow pretty decent custom hulls.

Do I have any of the larger curved bricks in brown? No. :pir-cry_sad:

3 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fantastic ship!  It seem the new curved bricks allow pretty decent custom hulls.

Do I have any of the larger curved bricks in brown? No. :pir-cry_sad:

Thanks you! Yeah, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Great use of these arch pieces, the custom hull looks really good, nice sails too.

Great little Brig! You really improved on the dimensions and shapes, I like the full hull.

1 hour ago, Bart said:

Great little Brig! You really improved on the dimensions and shapes, I like the full hull.

Thank you! I wanted to try a new style and it turned out pretty nice!