LM71Blackbird

[COR - FB] Large Shipyard, Quinnsville

Large Shipyard

41474484304_e149d810a8_b.jpgQV10.1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Continuing on his walk along pier past the jetty and storehouses, Richard Brickford stopped by the local shipyards. This large shipyard is next to the smaller but equally busy Quinnsville shipyards, but this one produces much larger ships.

41474484064_a176143e55_b.jpgQV10.2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

On the pier is a large crane that is used for hoisting the masts and cannon onto the ship.

42195437851_abc10f7917_b.jpgQV10.3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Richard quickly found the foreman and asked about the shipbuilding status of Quinnsville and the overall demand for high quality ships. He was pleasantly surprised by his response and was sure that Governor Cooke would be equally pleased.

Dear Governor Cooke,

After my assessment of the pier and trading status I made my way to the local shipyards. They are some of the most well structured and busiest areas of Quinnsville! I interviewed the head foreman of the shipyards and found out some valuable information. As you already know, Sir Smaugton was quite the seafaring man and before his disappearance he sent up several shipyards with the purpose of building up a trading fleet, most likely under the MAESTRO flag. He commanded the infamous Junkyard Fleet, which has since been disbanded, but apparently he had bigger plans as well. Unfortunately, after his disappearance, the grand idea of a huge trading fleet disappeared as well. Now, the shipyards just try to keep up with the demand for high quality vessels. I believe that with the right guidance Quinnsville could be transformed into quite the trading hub, but only time will tell. My assessment is nearing completion, and I should have my final report shortly.

In service to her Majesty,

Richard Brickford,

Royal Surveyor of Quinnsville

Edited by LM71Blackbird

Excellent Build, Blackbird! I really like the small houses next to the main dock. The crane is well made as well, and your skills continue to improve. Keep up the great work! And at this rate, Quinnsville might edge out Mesabi Landing one day...

4 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Excellent Build, Blackbird! I really like the small houses next to the main dock. The crane is well made as well, and your skills continue to improve. Keep up the great work! And at this rate, Quinnsville might edge out Mesabi Landing one day...

Thanks! The crane was a really fun little build, it's even got a counter balance. I took a short break and now my buildings seem to be turning out better as well!

You have discovered my secret plan! :grin: I'm about half-way to Mesabi Landings size, so no need to worry just yet... :laugh:

Edited by LM71Blackbird

Great build indeed! Lots going on, I love all the little "workplace scenes". The WIP ship is well done, as is the crane. Those two houses add a lot of character to the overall scene!

Quinnsville is indeed making huge steps forward under your guidance, keep up the excellent work! :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Mesabi said:

And at this rate, Quinnsville might edge out Mesabi Landing one day...

NEVAR! :pir-devil:

4 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Great build indeed! Lots going on, I love all the little "workplace scenes". The WIP ship is well done, as is the crane. Those two houses add a lot of character to the overall scene!

Quinnsville is indeed making huge steps forward under your guidance, keep up the excellent work! :thumbup:

NEVAR! :pir-devil:

Thanks! I glad I could achieve the busy workplace look! 

I got a plan in place and about a dozen builds planned! And that is only start!

Only time will tell... :poke: