Sign in to follow this  
Rustinidiel

Bat logo

hi, i'm trying to make a bat logo for my batcave moc...

but i have a problem... i made 2 version of the logo and i got a little gap that not let me to fit correctly the pieces...

27322776257_4feec1b8e0_z.jpgBat_logo01 by Rusty B., su Flickr

27322776307_a07a6ed024_z.jpgBat_logo02 by Rusty B., su Flickr

27322776397_9a94828c52_z.jpgBat_logo03 by Rusty B., su Flickr

as you can see... up the bat ears or up the wings i got 2 little gaps....

anyone can help me to resolve this problem? i tryed to remade several times the design but never found a solution

here the lxf

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mWM78HMOtgdTUhlVbqsExI2KDXu2jkhA

thanks to all

The middle photo has a bat logo that looks fine, I'll have a look at the LXF file at some point next week.

Edited by J4ck

39 minutes ago, Rustinidiel said:

hi, i'm trying to make a bat logo for my batcave moc...

but i have a problem... i made 2 version of the logo and i got a little gap that not let me to fit correctly the pieces...

Bat_logo01 by Rusty B., su Flickr

Bat_logo02 by Rusty B., su Flickr

Bat_logo03 by Rusty B., su Flickr

as you can see... up the bat ears or up the wings i got 2 little gaps....

anyone can help me to resolve this problem? i tryed to remade several times the design but never found a solution

here the lxf

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mWM78HMOtgdTUhlVbqsExI2KDXu2jkhA

thanks to all

Took a look and personally I think these are just fine if you build them in real life. The "gaps" will not be visible in real brick built form and even if they were they would certainly not be as noticeable as they are in the renders you made.

I really wouldn't worry about these as they are just fine :)

Make the whole thing two studs deep, instead of what I assume is one stud. I can’t look at the lxf file at the moment to be sure. If I am wrong then just ignore me.

Then build it slightly differently in either the first or second stud depth to block off the visible lines.

You have made two impressive versions of the logo using so few bricks. These are exceptional work.

19 minutes ago, Gusseteer said:

Make the whole thing two studs deep, instead of what I assume is one stud. I can’t look at the lxf file at the moment to be sure. If I am wrong then just ignore me.

Then build it slightly differently in either the first or second stud depth to block off the visible lines.

You have made two impressive versions of the logo using so few bricks. These are exceptional work.

thanks!

ofcourse the design will be tho studs deep... but the second level of studs will be in one different color... to make contrast and make the logo visible...

anyway... with or without the different color... the gaps are visible in real life bricks... and i cant find a solution to have the same design but without theese gaps

7 minutes ago, Rustinidiel said:

I found a way to resolve the problem... is not perfect but i cant do better

Bat_logo05 by Rusty B., su Flickr

Bat_logo04 by Rusty B., su Flickr

Ah! You meant those gaps... in hindsight it should have been obvious... guess I shouldn't comment when I am really tired :P Anyway let me just say that it looks great!

1 hour ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Ah! You meant those gaps... in hindsight it should have been obvious... guess I shouldn't comment when I am really tired :P Anyway let me just say that it looks great!

thanks a lot, i'm planning to make a batcave, but because i'm stopped on it for some structural problems... i worked on this little particular... i will put this logo on the batcave wall...

is not perfect, but i'm proud of the result

i will post on your topic my mod of your 1989 batmobile... i will put it in the batcave when will be finished... but i modded your creation with some structural fixes and making the batman able to sit inside in a good position... it works, when i create it in real life bricks i will post the result

Edited by Rustinidiel

I like the design and want to try and make it 'better' if possible, but I can't open the LXF link. It says file not found when you click on the link. 

If you can post the file or correct link to the file I will try to help you fix the gaps. :) 

13 hours ago, Rustinidiel said:

i will post on your topic my mod of your 1989 batmobile... i will put it in the batcave when will be finished... but i modded your creation with some structural fixes and making the batman able to sit inside in a good position... it works, when i create it in real life bricks i will post the result

Glad you like my 89 Batmobile. I think you build it of the old model right? I have since updated the model in very big ways; Batman can now fit inside much better and it is very durable. I also made some aesthetic changes to make it even more accurate.

Here are some images;

28160674048_40389cb841_b.jpg

40269375760_b845b79ed3_b.jpg

41507260284_7db138691f_b.jpg

40421550660_d1cd149786_b.jpg

1 hour ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Glad you like my 89 Batmobile. I think you build it of the old model right? I have since updated the model in very big ways; Batman can now fit inside much better and it is very durable. I also made some aesthetic changes to make it even more accurate.

Here are some images;

28160674048_40389cb841_b.jpg

40269375760_b845b79ed3_b.jpg

41507260284_7db138691f_b.jpg

40421550660_d1cd149786_b.jpg

Yes, i built It with the lxf on mocpages, poster by you in the tipic... I never seen this new versione and yeah, is cool!

But, my Batman fit inside better ahahah.. if you want i can share with you my mod

26 minutes ago, Rustinidiel said:

Yes, i built It with the lxf on mocpages, poster by you in the tipic... I never seen this new versione and yeah, is cool!

But, my Batman fit inside better ahahah.. if you want i can share with you my mod

I'd definitely like to see it :)