Depending on the price, I think I might actually buy it.  Only to modify it and make it look way better.  

44 minutes ago, aminnich said:

Depending on the price, I think I might actually buy it.  Only to modify it and make it look way better.  

That is excelent idea, perhaps you should open new topics - 42080 set modificationsand improovements :thumbup:

1 hour ago, aminnich said:

Depending on the price, I think I might actually buy it.

42080 or andythenorth's model? :head_back:

I'm doing some photoshop tricks to overlay the lime with yellow and dark green with black to make it resemble to the Ponsse Scorpion King.

Here's a 42080 with Yellow and DBG. I tried to make it Yellow and Black but can't seem to figure out how to turn the dark green into black.

I know I'm gonna get a ton of bricks for this, but I've come to like the official garish color scheme. This edited version looks dull.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I wonder what the pneumatics would look like in white, or both the arm and pneumatics in black, or the wheels in yellow to match your panels.

The reds bits that are so offending, not the overall colors.

Edited by Lipko

3 minutes ago, allanp said:

the wheels in yellow to match your panels

Yeah I forgot to dye the wheels. Will get it done by tomorrow.

Remove PFS: put a manual pump and one or two air tank: instabuy :sad:

Why the hell Lego do not release air tanks, it would be perfect for Pneumatic 2.0

Edited by Timoonn

Can someone tell me what exactly is wrong with the B model, and what exactly could be improved, given the parts available in the A?

Also, I think the yellow-white-gray version looks really good! As much as I like weird colors, it looks more coherent this way (Also, the small panels are long overdue in yellow). However, I do agree with @Lipko that the problem is not the main color, but the random-colored nitbits (especially the red parts). And the white half-boom looks off.

3 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

Can someone tell me what exactly is wrong with the B model, and what exactly could be improved, given the parts available in the A?

For one, not to use the long panel as the bonnet. That’s what makes it look so garish.

Tbh they kinda shot themselves in the foot by including PF with this set. The giant battery box has no place to sit in either models and look normal, particularly on the B-model

5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

For one, not to use the long panel as the bonnet. That’s what makes it look so garish.

Tbh they kinda shot themselves in the foot by including PF with this set. The giant battery box has no place to sit in either models and look normal, particularly on the B-model

Let's say they include a hand pump instead. Now where would that sit in the B model?

Looks really good in yellow. Those small panels in the cab don't exist in yellow yet, right?

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Let's say they include a hand pump instead. Now where would that sit in the B model?

It could be a fake exhaust stack.

Edited by Bartybum

I get that pneumatics don't absolutely need a motor as much as LAs to be playable, hand cranked pneumatics are  far better than hand cranked LAs in most cases. But why would a manual pump be better than letting a motor do the pumping work for you? With the PF you don't have to pump anything, just operate the valves like in real life. I don't recall ever seeing an operator of the real thing having to jump on the bonnet and push the exhaust pipe up and down to get the hydraulics to work. So is it not more authentic to have it like this without the manual pump?

Edited by allanp

1 minute ago, allanp said:

So is it not more authentic to have it like this without the manual pump?

Well yeah, but the flow on motorised compressors is always **** poor eh? :classic:  

7 minutes ago, allanp said:

But why would a manual pump be better than letting a motor do the pumping work for you?

It could make the set 15 euro cheaper. This would have been the perfect set to combine with the existing PF motor set 8293.

But you're right it's more realistic with a motor, in a way.

16 minutes ago, andythenorth said:

Well yeah, but the flow on motorised compressors is always **** poor eh? :classic:  

Well that's true. I do wish they would include at least two motor pumps in motorised pneumatic sets to solve that issue.

I wonder if there is a best of both worlds option. The wheels drive a fake engine which also has a motor pump connected to the end of it, which is connected to an airtank so by pushing it along you automatically build up pressure in the air tank. I usually don't like air tanks actually but that would  be a good use for one. As the motor pump, crank and surrounding structures are already in place it would then be much easier to add an optional motor to that. It could also have a hand pump as a back up I guess. This is fine for us AFOLs that have more motors and battery boxes than we know what to do with, but for those that don't buying a set plus a motor and battery box separately would end up more expensive that if the set just came with it as standard.

Edited by allanp

Could the use of the motor be because you're pumping up two cylinders at the same time, which would be a bit more work with a manual pump? Possibly also the reason for the L rather than M.

Agreed that it's still a bummer as it increases the cost quite a bit compared to eg 42053.

There will be an air tank when there is a proper part-introduction set for that air tank. Which means that set needs to be large and uses quite a number of pneumatic power 

-> Pneumatic Backhoe (I know I digress)

9 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

There will be an air tank when there is a proper part-introduction set for that air tank. Which means that set needs to be large and uses quite a number of pneumatic power 

-> Pneumatic Backhoe (I know I digress)

You love being wrong :laugh:

Air tank sets was "light" and "medium" pneumatics sets.

8459: 3 "small" cylinders, 2 functions

The submarine 8250: only one single cylinder *huh*

8462: two tanks for only 3 functions and 3 classic cylinders.

Do not need a huge pneumatic set to justify an air tank back in the days. Bigger pneum means more pumping anyway.

(but crossing fingaz for a 8455 2.0)

Edited by Timoonn

14 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Here's the Ponsse that you all've been waiting for

Perhaps you should replace white parts with yellow, black or dark bluish gray...you decide