Has anyone also noticed that the rear lower bright green panel (and accompanying beam above) hasn't been pushed in entirely to sit flush? It's just hanging there. Slapdash finish for a slipshod set.

I was wondering why it was at an angle, @Maaboo35. I thought it would have a reason. A sloppy build would be quite a mistake for a billion dollar company.

These might be 4L pins here. What do you think? Or is it 2L pin with axle?

4_Lpin_chance.jpg

Edited by HorcikDesigns

I'll bring but up again only because its disgusting, the color vomit on this set is real ladies and gentlemen. This time it isn't only the inside of the set, by now we get to look at it, oh good! 

The set also does look kiddish to me. Idk if it is the color what but I feel like it isn't a beautiful set that you put up on the shelf like some other sets. 

All that in mind, I still may buy this set. It is finally something different!! As we know, the possibliities for modding a set like this can be done. And making it yellow and black to match the ponesse shouldn't be an issue.     

I think this is one of the best sets of 2018H2 line. New pneumatic parts, some nice parts in green (I, for some reason, like the colours and don't even think about the colour vomit here), the model itself is nice too. It is also doesn't contain massive amount of parts, cause we "like" it.

The design imprinted into the side of those lovely new valves indicates, at least to me, proportional control of the air flow. Of course the old valves were proportional as well with a bit of skill, but they wasn't really designed to be. So I wonder if these new valves have been designed to be more proportional. Also like the steering arrangement and really like inclusion of on board motor driven pump. But I do very much dislike the colour vomit, it really does look deliberate, not to make it easier to build but to make it look nasty. Colour barf of the small pins and axles is bad enough, but colour barfing the whole thing?! Why do that to what is an otherwise perfect set?! I don't get that, but it's still a day one purchase for me and right now best set of 2018, and changing the colours to something more tasteful will be very easy as all the beams and panels come in many colours, unlike many other parts like pins, gears and axles.

The cabin rotates (notice the large turntable held by the red 3L pins with bushes) which is why that white beam looks like it's an angle. This was all seen in the prelim image ages ago.

EDIT: Ah, you mean the one running between the wheels. That is odd.

I presume all the steering is linked. I wonder if the cabin rotates together with front wheels and articulation point all at once?

Edited by JonathanM

I like this set!!!  its small and compact with 56mm tires and the two tone of green is awesome!! 

1 hour ago, allanp said:

The design imprinted into the side of those lovely new valves indicates, at least to me, proportional control of the air flow. Of course the old valves were proportional as well with a bit of skill, but they wasn't really designed to be. So I wonder if these new valves have been designed to be more proportional.

I was thinking the same when I saw it. I can not see other reason for these symbols.

2 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

I was wondering why it was at an angle, @Maaboo35. I thought it would have a reason. A sloppy build would be quite a mistake for a billion dollar company.

Not the first time, probably not the last. The mystery of how they managed to insert those 11214s the wrong way around remains unsolved!

Maybe their rendering process deliberately puts some "quirks" in for realism, and sometimes things go a bit too far.

1 hour ago, zux said:

I think this is one of the best sets of 2018H2 line. New pneumatic parts, some nice parts in green (I, for some reason, like the colours and don't even think about the colour vomit here), the model itself is nice too. It is also doesn't contain massive amount of parts, cause we "like" it.

Actually I think the same thing. I was raging before, true, but actually I think this may be the only set I get (if at all). Pneumatics, green, not too large, and an interesting subject matter. I'd rather have 8 lime parts than 0 ;)

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Nah, I think they're more likely to be the 3L pin with 1L axle in red.

Yes, check the huge picture.

1 hour ago, Gnac said:

Not the first time, probably not the last. The mystery of how they managed to insert those 11214s the wrong way around remains unsolved!

Maybe their rendering process deliberately puts some "quirks" in for realism, and sometimes things go a bit too far.

The red 11214's are just the way I'd expect them to be. Standard build technique. Why are they the wrong way around?

53 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Any guesses why does it have a chain hanging inside the rear section?

Seems to be just bunched up on top of the DBG panel. Weird. I guess just to help tie down logs to cut them up?

Edited by JonathanM
Moar links

44 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

The red 11214's are just the way I'd expect them to be.

Why do I even bother making links to things

10 minutes ago, Gnac said:

Why do I even bother making links to things

Ah, sorry @Gnac - I thought you were referring to someone mentioning that the red ones on 42080 were the wrong way around, rather than the DBG ones at the back of 42047. My bad :)

2 hours ago, Omikron said:

-Pssssss

hey you!

yes you, if you wanna see the thing like really close - I might have something to look at for you.

:sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

I can’t help but feel this set should not have been motorised. Why can’t we just use a hand pump to operate the functions here, especially considering there’s only two of them?

Eh, looking again.  I'll put money on it that the designer was inspired by a John Deere colour scheme, but there's no arrangement between Deere and TLG, so it can't be solid green with yellow highlights. 

There are limited choices to go with green, so the upper half gets switched to lime.  But using lime always means the lid is off the ugly box, so then 8 more colours get added to balance it out.

Pure speculation but eh. 

Or maybe they just need to use up some lime panel inventory :tongue:

Edited by andythenorth

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I can’t help but feel this set should not have been motorised. Why can’t we just use a hand pump to operate the functions here, especially considering there’s only two of them?

You can see the battery box on the back, where the 11x3 lime panel leave a small hole between it and the black hood.

1 hour ago, mpj said:

You can see the battery box on the back, where the 11x3 lime panel leave a small hole between it and the black hood.

No no hahah, I meant I wish it wasn’t motorised.

Edited by Bartybum

The yellow spiked rollers should be positioned at right angles to the trunk so that it can be pushed up and down. That's how it's done in real harvesters.