- Yellow
- Black
- DBG
- Red
- Blue
- Medium Azure
- Reddish Brown

Discoveries:

- If you zoom into the cabin you can see a water bottle with a silver cap :laugh:

- There is a 6L towball link bar under the front row of wheels. 

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Well. Where to start with this thing? The colours are terrible, there's too much emphasis on silly details like minifigure accessories instead of getting a decent-looking cabin interior (clock the control sticks - eurgh) and the whole thing just looks like a pile of leftovers stuck together. :thumbdown:

Man, is it just me or are sets from 2018 using more elbow macaroni pieces than ever before? Almost ever set uses some....

8 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Suspension !!

It is Steering. Unless there is other info.

Edited by Aventador2004

Just now, nerdsforprez said:

Man, is it just me or are sets from 2018 using more elbow macaroni pieces than ever before? Almost ever set uses some....

Don't be upsetti - get some spaghetti! :laugh:

Just now, Omikron said:

Don't be upsetti - get some spaghetti! :laugh:

Click for his comment ^^^^

3 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

I'd prefer them over the 90 degree #6 connector. They look smoother and represent tubes / pipes more accurately.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I'd prefer them over the 90 degree #6 connector. They look smoother and represent tubes / pipes more accurately.

Would be nice if they were colour coordinated with the rest of the set, but I don't think TLG makes the macaroni tubes in VOMIT.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

in VOMIT.

14 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

This is the ultimate color barf that TLG has managed to produce:
- Lime
- Green
- White
- Yellow
- Black
- DBG
- Red
- Blue
- Medium Azure
- Reddish Brown

I guess because of the colors, but it looks like some kindergarten toy (kindergarten, 'cause you wouldn't buy such a thing for your own kid...).

20 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Macaroni? Are you from Finland?

19 minutes ago, Lipko said:

I guess because of the colors, but it looks like some kindergarten toy (kindergarten, 'cause you wouldn't buy such a thing for your own kid...).

Macaroni? Are you from Finland?

^Preach.

We call macaroni "macaroni" too. What do you call it? :wacko:

Definitely buying this.  It looks terrible, maybe it plays great? :tongue:  Feels a bit like Technic crashed into a Creator Expert set. 

But eh, it's different, it's not just another car / truck / digger.  

The only thing why I could possibly consider this set are the new pneumatic valves. One can be seen behimd the cab. I guess there should be two of them...

Are those 2x2 round bricks with protruding spikes new?  They're the only piece I don't recognize. 

I agree with the color comments... when certain parts are color locked like pneumatic pistons and tubes, you can't half cover it with two clashing shades of green with red accessories (not to mention the usual pin/axle color vomit)

6 minutes ago, MajklSpajkl said:

The only thing why I could possibly consider this set are the new pneumatic valves. One can be seen behimd the cab. I guess there should be two of them...

I didn't see that.  Is that axle with gear going directly into the valve?  Does that mean more precise pneumatic movements?  If that's the case, this could be a big deal!

Edited by dforce

8 minutes ago, andythenorth said:

Definitely buying this.  It looks terrible, maybe it plays great? :tongue:  Feels a bit like Technic crashed into a Creator Expert set. 

But eh, it's different, it's not just another car / truck / digger.  

Hey, that's the spirit, Andy! :thumbup: Hideous on the outside, maybe beautiful... on the inside (wipes away a single manly tear).

It could well be that this is a purely functional model, but we'll just have to see.

2 minutes ago, dforce said:

I didn't see that.  Is that axle with gear going directly into the valve?  Does that mean more precise pneumatic movements?  If that's the case, this could be a big deal!

Untitled.png

2 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

It could well be that this is a purely functional model

It closely resembles the Ponsse Scorpion King.

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It closely resembles the Ponsse Scorpion King.

Yep. Just without the stylish design and the cool colour scheme. Plus the Scorpion King (at least, the one I used in Farming Simulator) has a different and more compact cutting head design. 42080's is more like that of a feller-buncher than a forest harvester of this type, though technically a feller-buncher is also a type of forest harvester.

Edited by Maaboo35

I like the fact that we're getting standard green 3x7 and 3x11 panels - some more gaps in the missing bits matrix filled. I'll be getting a couple for all the nice bits (specially the new valves).

Just wow!

Not really fantastic but new parts and might rebuilt in black/yellow... or red

/me puts it in the purchase list

What I find interesting, is that in the high-res image, if you look under the second axle, it seems like there's a white transverse beam there. At first sight that's just the beam holding the axle, but it seems to be at an angle. The holes don't seem to face completely upward, but about about 15 degrees away. Why is that beam angled? Do I look for a function that just isn't there, or do I misinterpret the image?

Anyhow. I think it's an interesting set. Too bad about the clashing colors. I don't mean the greens, I like the combination of green, lime, black and white. It's those red speckles everywhere that I can hardly stand. Why couldn't they just go with gray bushes and black bush-pins? Also, is this me or are the elbow pieces in some kind of dark pearl gray color? Also, too bad the whole set has only 8 lime pieces. Why? Does the color have to be kept rare on purpose? And if the arm is white, then why isn't the whole arm white? Why do there have to be weird dark-gray 5x9 beams and why is the end of the arm black? Pick a color and stick with it, TLC.

Personally, I don't like all these system details. They dilute the theme. I hope this is not becoming a trend...

5 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

What I find interesting, is that in the high-res image, if you look under the second axle, it seems like there's a white transverse beam there. At first sight that's just the beam holding the axle, but it seems to be at an angle. The holes don't seem to face completely upward, but about about 15 degrees away. Why is that beam angled? Do I look for a function that just isn't there, or do I misinterpret the image?

It seems a little off, but I don't believe it would be anything but vertical.

The steering also seems interesting because it appears to be articulated in the middle, but the front axle also has steering, or am I seeing something weird?

And I second the motion for picking one (or two colors) and sticking with it.

There is even a yellow cup partially hidden behind the lime panel in the cabin. This is just too much. It's like Lego Friends, not Lego Technic. I do enjoy the little realistic details, but only the details that are related to the machine itself, not that kind of childish dollhouse Barbie play details! 

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen