Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Indeed. I think it can be unfair of us to constantly demand new parts from TLG. Some of the fun is seeing what the designers can innovate with the existing catalogue.

That is always interesting because in this way we found out about new techniques and optimisation

4 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Exactly!

Typical example is 42070 set; the way LEGO designers made rear chassis part gave me idea how to solve stiffness problem on my MOC Unimog chassis (sorry for offtopic), so certainly 42079 set will provide us with some useful ideas.

40 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Typical example is 42070 set; the way LEGO designers made rear chassis part gave me idea how to solve stiffness problem on my MOC Unimog chassis (sorry for offtopic), so certainly 42079 set will provide us with some useful ideas.

Well, whaddaya know? 42070 came in useful for something! :grin:

22 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

For me it was a great example of badly priced set. OK, back on topic, some submodels assembled. It seems that build will be pretty nice:

37301792_10205529202226990_7218569526005

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Every thing has good and bad side, it is up to us which side we prefer. Personally 42070 is waaaaay to expensive here in Croatia, but after I have 42077 set I'm fan of dark azure color...

Thanks Marek ( @M_longer ) for images, but I have one question because I have downloaded parts list image in low resolution; above part

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=87408&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Is there black axle 3 with stop or something else; I could not see it clear enough. As I already said forklift has some nice simple solutions ?

9 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Is there black axle 3 with stop or something else

3 with stop in Reddish Brown :)
I am going to use it shortly, because whole chassis is already built:
42079truck.jpg

Thank for fast answer. Set looks great. I have to ask you for one favour - could you please add double wheels at the front and then post image with that solution.

Thanks @M_longer

Edited by I_Igor
Typing error

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

Or is there a reduction?

There are no gears in then steering mechanism, actually it could not be simplier, it is just an axle sitting on top of this:
33299.png

Moving the wheels left and right.

Just now, I_Igor said:

could you please add double wheels st the front and then post image with that solution.

Funny thing, I was thinking about the same few moments ago while adding those wheels :)

Just now, M_longer said:

Funny thing, I was thinking about the same few moments ago while adding those wheels :)

Well in winter when I first heard about forklift truck this came across my mind

Sany-Heavy-Duty-Forklift1.jpg

Finished. Full review in polish will be probably finished tomorrow, shorter english version will follow:

{img]800x600.jpg

9 minutes ago, M_longer said:

Finished. Full review in polish will be probably finished tomorrow, shorter english version will follow:

Nice ?

Take well deserved rest

Edited by I_Igor

2 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

So it turns backward? 

Yes. When you turn exhaust left, it will turn right.

Just now, M_longer said:

Yes. When you turn exhaust left, it will turn right.

Thats what I expected. Thanks for answer.

Not sure what you mean by turns backwards, looks to steer as most fork lifts do. 

Edit: nevermind  I see you mean reversed. 

Edited by Johnny1360

Just now, Johnny1360 said:

Not sure what you mean by turns backwards, looks to steer as most fork lifts do. 

The knob turns opposite of which direction it turns.

Just now, Johnny1360 said:

Reverted steering. Turning left requires turning the exhaust pipe to rigt. It takes some practice to operate this thing, because most of Technic sets with revolving beacon on roofs uses them for steering. This one uses it for raising/lowering forks. A bit confusing.

11 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I wish this would sell sooner in the U.S! I am very excited for the dark blue!!

Doesn't look like much Dark Blue, the Ocean Explorer has lots of Dark Blue though, if you don't have it yet. That was the main reason I picked it up, didn't stay together for long. 

3 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Doesn't look like much Dark Blue, the Ocean Explorer has lots of Dark Blue though, if you don't have it yet. That was the main reason I picked it up, didn't stay together for long. 

Oh man not this discussion again :tongue: Check out the other photos, not just M_Longer’s one - it’s dark blue.

Also, it still looks dark blue in that photo above.

9 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Oh man not this discussion again :tongue: Check out the other photos, not just M_Longer’s one - it’s dark blue.

Also, it still looks dark blue in that photo above.

That's not what he said. He said it's not MUCH dark blue. As in the quantity of dark blue parts.