I'm liking this one. That little 2 cylinder engine is my kind of style. The tow truck looks pretty good.

I was hoping we might get a yellow panel #21 and #22 with this or the Volvo, but no luck.

seen from the father point of view this might be the better set of this years.

Not only it looks good but it provides two great models.

By great models i mean interesting building experience, lots of simple mecha (excellent for a child to learn at technic theme) and, more important, lots of fun to play with as lego provide the forklift and some object to use with.

I say that because in my whole moc collection, the moc who had the very best succes was my single farming tractor who is just in the same principle (simple mecha, various simples functions, and all manual)

Just my thought on it.

Marketing: "We definitely need a girl in this video."

:tongue:

45 minutes ago, Jim said:

Marketing: "We definitely need a girl in this video."

:tongue:

That's pretty good thing I think. If the company shows it's for everyone then the dumb parents will more probably buy this for girls too. And girls are into this stuf just like boys, only their dumb parents try to train them off.

6 minutes ago, Lipko said:

That's pretty good thing I think. If the company shows it's for everyone then the dumb parents will more probably buy this for girls too. And girls are into this stuf just like boys, only their dumb parents try to train them off.

I don't necessarily think it's a negative thing. 

54 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

Cant believe, they didnt show the lifting function in the vid

Because they know it sucks:laugh:

Strange they put the hog in the back

2 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

Cant believe, they didnt show the lifting function in the vid

This is the only thing that bugs me, very displeasing attitude to hide facts (message to marketing team: :thumbdown:). We need to find a solution to make the fork movement range properly up to the top.

Other than that, this is the most convincing set to me for this batch, perfect size, functions, great B model. Like!

I don't think its that uncommon for the forks of a forklift not to reach as high as the roof of the cab.

I don't think its that common for the forks of a forklift not to reach as high as the roof of the cab.

There is a major (well, most will likely think it minor) inaccuracy in this set: the forks sticking out from the end of the pallet. Real forks do not due to safety concerns.

The forklifts I've seen in action, being the typical 2 stage tower, are made to be able to lift things above the roof height.
That's the whole point of a forklift, being able to lift high, what's the point in a forklift that can't even lift up to the roof height?

And Maaboo has a point, it doesn't scream "safety" when the forks are long enough to stick out like that, that's not accurate to real life machines.
The forks are short enough to not stick out like that, if they do need longer forks, there are extenders that can be easily put on to extend the reach.

13 minutes ago, incognito said:

:wink:

Not sure if safety video or Final Destination...

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

So far this is my second favorite set this year. Really like the Fork Lift (never had one). Not fan of the B model. Reviews will determine if I get it.

Andy D

I'm not sure how I feel about this one.  It looks nice thanks to the wheels, but IMO the B-model is better than the forklift.  TLG have given us many technic forklifts over the years but have yet to make a "proper" motorised version with IR remote.  Also, some improved "fork" elements would be nice as the ones released in set 8835 (almost 30 years ago) have been obsolete for a long time already, and standard technic beams do not look great at all.  I'm probably going to prototype some of my own.

I've already made two MOC forklifts and am currently developing a third, much improved version (thread to follow soon).