I've just thought that maybe this time the hazard light won't control the steering, but instead the tilting. And the exhaust pipe is the actual HOG steering knob.

33 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I've just thought that maybe this time the hazard light won't control the steering, but instead the tilting. And the exhaust pipe is the actual HOG steering knob.

Interesting!

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Good catch! However, I think that the beacon controls the raising (there's indeed a shaft under it) and the small lever on the side the tilting (what else could it be for?).

On 5/26/2018 at 3:01 AM, Kaanere said:

Good catch! However, I think that the beacon controls the raising (there's indeed a shaft under it) and the small lever on the side the tilting (what else could it be for?).

My bad. I meant the hazard light is for lifting the fork, and the exhaust pipe is for steering. Tilting is most likely done with the side lever of course.

Don't know if it was mentioned already, but it seems like diffrential on front axle

4 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

Don't know if it was mentioned already, but it seems like diffrential on front axle

I don't think it was mentioned, but implied by putting a engine.

36 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I don't think it was mentioned, but implied by putting a engine.

correct, you can see what it looks like 2 cylinder engine at the back behind cab on first leak images of 2018 summer catalog months ago :wink:

I find it weird that the front arch is close to the front wheel, but the rear ach isn't to the rear wheel.

It is because the rear wheels need some extra space for steering.

26 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

So like no travel on the forklift. What a damn shame

Yeah, you're right, I thought it went up more.

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

It’s good that it doesn’t appear to use any special pieces I don’t have yet, so I could MOC this with a proper forklift arm. I suspect it was done like so for the B model to have an arm.

Edited by Bartybum

16 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Maybe its possible to make it go up about 3 studs more by removing the little 2l red axle that locks the rack

41 minutes ago, GoldVillage said:

Maybe its possible to make it go up about 3 studs more by removing the little 2l red axle that locks the rack

Thats what i was thinking, it just keeps the rack steady.

1 hour ago, Fabiuz said:

travel is 15-16 studs, am I right?

read back. it's been puzzled out earlier.

5 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

That's not bad.

It’s pretty bad... it only travels like halfway up

I am really looking forward to build this set using my existing lego part provided it does not use any special parts. I am sure it will be interesting to build both the A and B model of this set. I have a feeling that the B model might turn out to be more fun that building the A model.

Edited by arijitdas

Might be worth a try to hook up the winch to a cable drum powered by the worm gear that that winds up as the fork rises.

The B-model looks surprisingly good for what it is, I think. My original plan was to buy 42080 and MOC the forklift since I have more parts than I really need already, but I keep getting more tempted to just buy the forklift as well, as usual :laugh: