...and nice detail - fake engine and there should be front differential

Dark blue panels....not new, but were only available in the crawler.

and beams, btw 42055 had only this panel which pretty dominates

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Dark blue panels....not new, but were only available in the crawler.

I like that they are using dark blue more and more

Nice set, but because the main driving force behind the fork is the 14L gear rack, which only has a range of 8 studs, the maximum fork height is only 16 studs - at most. That's only 2x the wheel height. That seems quite limited for a set this size. Or am I missing something?

1 minute ago, Erik Leppen said:

Nice set, but because the main driving force behind the fork is the 14L gear rack, which only has a range of 8 studs, the maximum fork height is only 16 studs - at most. That's only 2x the wheel height. That seems quite limited for a set this size. Or am I missing something?

yes it looks limited, or there is other limitation than usage of axle 2 like on Arocs 樂

Not sure what that string on the boom is for, but could be a two stage boom like on 42009. That would increase the height range to maximum 3x8 (probably less due to bracing, but more than 16 should be possible).

Edit: miscalculated above, 2x8 seems max unless they use some kind of motion amplifier with the string

Edited by Rudivdk

Looks like an ok little set. Appears to have an engine, I think that's a first for a technic forklift isn't it? Like the black 5x7 frame and dark blue parts also. 

Just now, Rudivdk said:

Not sure what that string on the boom is for, but could be a two stage boom like on 42009. That would increase the height range to maximum 3x8 (probably less due to bracing, but more than 16 should be possible).

Reminds me of the system on 8416.

I think there is only one stage. The moving boom section seems to be 2 studs out and the overall lift is not more than 4 studs.

37 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Reminds me of the system on 8416.

You are right, I have 2 copies of that set at home bud could not remember where I saw it

Made a quick mock up of the boom: 

Indeed limited movement, unless they found a way to roll up the string while moving the boom up, increasing the movement

38 minutes ago, allanp said:

Looks like an ok little set. Appears to have an engine, I think that's a first for a technic forklift isn't it? Like the black 5x7 frame and dark blue parts also. 

it is first Technic forklift with (fake) engine

Just now, Rudivdk said:

Made a quick mock up of the boom: 

Indeed limited movement, unless they found a way to roll up the string while moving the boom up, increasing the movement

nice work, it is simple but effective solution

@Rudivdk See if you can hook up the winch to a gear that meshes with the rack. That way it’ll wind up as the gear rack moves up.

5 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

@Rudivdk See if you can hook up the winch to a gear that meshes with the rack. That way it’ll wind up as the gear rack moves up.

I have no doubt it will be possible, but I see no winch in the official pic, just a string. Makes me believe that the string is fixed on both ends...

2 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

the string is fixed on both ends...

that is most likely and has sense...

And I guess the string's end at the top is simply fixed by hitching its end stud-piece-thing between two 3L connectors. The other end at the fork frame is probably fixed by putting the stud into the frame's pinhole facing downwards. It's clearly visible that you can insert the string in after everything else and fix it with the 3L connector and 2x2L axles and restricting/securing it at the roller by the 5L axle.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here...

9 minutes ago, Lipko said:

And I guess the string's end at the top is simply fixed by hitching its end stud-piece-thing between two 3L connectors...

I think the lower one is a #2 connector, supporting the top of the axle with the wormgear

Well, someone was wrong on color. Not me!

This looks like a great set. I will be sure to get one first thing I can.