40 minutes ago, M_longer said:

MIL-SPEC ZXL 1.9", with 106mm diameter. Almost exact match for Xerion wheels, but with more "underground" look (agrar tires look bad on that model, I tried).

There's a movable wall inside, pushed by two cylinders. It can be seen in action here:

Thank you, I was looking for a video like this, very interesting feature. IMO the Lego wheels are the best option even giving worst presence, we both pay a lot of attention to the functions but you much more than me to the aesthetics so I understand your problem.

@M_longer actually I like your Panel based bucket :blush:, you gave me idea for one of my future projects.

@dagupa sorry to be late for party, but I must admit that I like your version; if you asked me it could be B.model and not just C-model of 42030 (if we ignore light bluish gray engine) :thumbup:

On 5/30/2018 at 1:05 PM, M_longer said:

There's a movable wall inside, pushed by two cylinders. It can be seen in action here:

I'd love to see that bucket working. I that why you have two cylinders in the front part? One for tilting and one for pushing the "inside wall"?

Now I want to do a Pneumatic version. I guess removing the motor will leave enough space for pump and air tank.

I finished the model: It's not perfect but I'm satisfied with the result. The battery compartment it's designed to accommodate and secure the Technic Battery Box, but the rechargeable battery also fits in there.

IMG_5666.JPG

IMG_5668.JPG

IMG_5675.JPG

IMG_5671.JPG

IMG_5667.JPG

IMG_5669.JPG

IMG_5674.JPG

IMG_5673.JPG

IMG_5678.JPG

On 5/30/2018 at 1:05 PM, M_longer said:

MIL-SPEC ZXL 1.9", with 106mm diameter. Almost exact match for Xerion wheels, but with more "underground" look (agrar tires look bad on that model, I tried).

I saw very similar tires when I was researching for this underground loader. I can't find the pictures, or maybe it was a video. I remember they had chains on them and the loader was orange. I will follow the development process of your pneumatic loader. I want the valves from 42080 but I don't like the set that much.

On 5/30/2018 at 2:29 PM, I_Igor said:

@dagupa sorry to be late for party, but I must admit that I like your version; if you asked me it could be B.model and not just C-model of 42030 (if we ignore light bluish gray engine) :thumbup:

At the end, I used a lot of parts that don't come in set 42030, but it was an inspiration. I changed the servo for an M-motor. I did not use the green motor because I didn't want to take apart my Volvo, but I had to, anyways.

2 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

Beautiful machine I never thought it was so good, now I want to see the video to confirm what I see.

Thank you. I'm glad that yo like it. I'm going to make a video although I'm not good filming, I mostly make digital renders.

45 minutes ago, dagupa said:

Thank you. I'm glad that yo like it. I'm going to make a video although I'm not good filming, I mostly make digital renders.

Don´t worry I am bad at both.

On 2.06.2018 at 10:38 PM, dagupa said:

I finished the model: It's not perfect but I'm satisfied with the result.

I have not noticed it earlier, but it seems that chassis could be at least one stud higher from the ground. Now it could run only on flat surfaces. But it looks nice :)
Also, check your private messages.

I'm floored by how great this turned out - and in so little time, to boot. You, sir, are hugely talented.

Can't wait to see a video of it at work and to see more models of yours.

Nice clean design.  I look forward to the video to see how it works!  Looks like an XL for drive, M or actuator steering, and 2 M's for bucket movement?

8 hours ago, suffocation said:

I'm floored by how great this turned out - and in so little time, to boot. You, sir, are hugely talented.

Can't wait to see a video of it at work and to see more models of yours.

Thank you. I'm working on the video

On 6/2/2018 at 5:26 PM, Aventador2004 said:

Ended up pretty nice!

Thank you.

8 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Nice clean design.  I look forward to the video to see how it works!  Looks like an XL for drive, M or actuator steering, and 2 M's for bucket movement?

The bucket uses one M-motor for tilting and one L-motor for the liftarm.

12 hours ago, M_longer said:

I have not noticed it earlier, but it seems that chassis could be at least one stud higher from the ground. Now it could run only on flat surfaces. But it looks nice :)
Also, check your private messages.

Hello. I just saw the video of the bucket, it works very well.

The ground clearance was the aspect that I struggled with the most.  I wanted a very low profile. The model ground clearance is about 12 mm, which is about 264mm in real life (using tires from Volvo 42030 as a scale 875/65R33 diameter = 2079mm) which is very low. I guess is not for off-road use ;)

As the ground clearance is given by the steering portal, to elevate the machine, I would have to change the orientation of the portal. Placed horizontally, it would give 400mm of extra ground clearance but that design comes with two problems:  

1. The construction is more flexible

2. The model would be +- 2 studs taller and I didn't like it.

I will try to address this issue in a future model. Maybe I'll try building a pneumatic loader.

IMG_5687-1.JPG

12 mm of clearance. About 27cm in real life

IMG_5688-2.JPG

Lowest part of the drivetrain

IMG_5689-3.JPG

I tried this, but it's too flexible because the space in the middle is occupied by the linear actuators. It's also makes the loader 2 "studs" taller.

IMG_5690-4.JPG

This is much sturdier