21 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

You'd better have a damn big shelf, then. :grin:

You've got a point. I guess I have to think of a way to combine the two sets into one creation to free up space. :)

I realy like the shape of the linkage here. Looks way better than on the 42030 L350F.

Edited by zoo

2 hours ago, zoo said:

Not sure how you arrive at the scale figure 1:13,5. When comparing width and length I arrive at the numbers ~1:12 for length (6100/510) and ~1:11,4 for width (2500/220). I do not know the wheelbase for the lego model.

Not sure from where you get 20cm in width. Assuming the picture posted above is the official lego measurements, the width is 22cm.

From the data... maybe its just a typo. But 8 inches is just over 20 cm, not 22. Same goes for 12 inches, which is not 32 cm. We dont know if they go by cm or inch, nothing to put focus on just a little detail...

1 hour ago, grum64 said:

When I first saw this I didn't rate it at all but the more I see of it the more I like it but I'll damned if I know why.

I think that's exactly what they were going for with this :wink: I do not find the model attractive whatsoever and yet I do quite like it. Hmph.

15 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Yup, we're here again. We have an awesome model, with some great parts and features and the overall design giving us a glimpse into the future of engineering as we know it... and all we can talk about is the wheelbase.

In studs.

Studs.

Man, I love this forum. :sweet:

to you and @zoo if we talk about wheelbase and dimensions tires are approximately correct see

lego-and-volvo-wheel-loader-03.jpg

(image is 1000 x 1000 so it should be OK)

15 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

to you and @zoo if we talk about wheelbase and dimensions tires are approximately correct see

(image is 1000 x 1000 so it should be OK)

It does match up. I know the tyres look thicker on the model, but that's because the hubs are smaller than on the "real" thing. TLG did a good job with the overall dimensions.

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

It does match up. I know the tyres look thicker on the model, but that's because the hubs are smaller than on the "real" thing. TLG did a good job with the overall dimensions.

Nice profile shot! I really like the proportions on this thing. Wheels, bucket, linkage. Every time I've seen a new video on the 42081 I want it even more. Too bad I will most likely need to wait to next year to get the 2018 sets. Priorities. :(

Overall it is great set but I could (eventually) buy it next year

I just picked up one of these in South Korea, I'm not sure if this was even supposed to be released yet, it isn't even on the LEGO website.

9 minutes ago, MorningWon said:

I just picked up one of these in South Korea, I'm not sure if this was even supposed to be released yet, it isn't even on the LEGO website.

Nice! Can you share the part list please?

41 minutes ago, MorningWon said:

In North Korea decently not :laugh:

I would also like to see parts list.

Thank you

The interesting is that there is a 7L gear rack and a 13L gear rack. Does this mean the two axle will have different turning radii? Or maybe one axle will have Ackerman steering!

Are there any new parts in the lego 42082, 42081, and 42079 sets? except for the new pnunatic switch.

Regards, Snipe.

Edited by SNIPE

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Arocs rack in LBG. They're becoming quite common. :thumbup:

What is LBG? I'm sure that is a silly question but I don't know what it stands for.

9 minutes ago, MorningWon said:

What is LBG? I'm sure that is a silly question but I don't know what it stands for.

Light Bluish Grey, the light grey colour used since 2004 and onwards. 

2 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Are there any new parts in the lego 42082, 42081, and 42079 sets? except for the new pnunatic switch.

Regards, Snipe.

Looking at part lists for 42081 and 42082 there are no new parts. However there are recolours, like "banana gear" in Black.

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The interesting is that there is a 7L gear rack and a 13L gear rack. Does this mean the two axle will have different turning radii? Or maybe one axle will have Ackerman steering!

Maybe not both gera racks are for steering? Is 4-wheel steering confirmed on this set yet? maybe one of the two is for extending the counterweight?

The biggest surprise for me in the part list is 80 blue pins 1/2. What can so many of them even be used for in this set?

Edit: what I also find good to see is that black 5x7 frames are becoming more common.

Edited by Erik Leppen

58 minutes ago, zux said:

Looking at part lists for 42081 and 42082 there are no new parts. However there are recolours, like "banana gear" in Black.

Banana gear? Which part is that?

EDIT: Never mind, you mean the curved gear racks in '82. :grin:

Edited by Maaboo35
Plugged my brain in