What part is the yellow panel-like with hazard triangle? (between the dbg 3x11 panel and yellow #2)

It's a spoiler from cars in the City Theme. There's also one on the Speed Champions Chiron.

4 hours ago, bj51 said:

It's a spoiler from cars in the City Theme. There's also one on the Speed Champions Chiron.

You forgot the Speed Champions R8 LMS that uses the spoiler to mimik a diffuser.

3 hours ago, AkiyamaWataru said:

You forgot the Speed Champions R8 LMS that uses the spoiler to mimik a diffuser.

This wasn't an exhaustive list. ;)

Hey guys, so after looking at this set a bit I'm thinking about getting it after it comes out. It seems to be the "just right" option for me among the 5 Technic sets for the second half of 2018: the 42079 and 42080 seem overpriced and don't have that many features I find interesting and the 42082 and 42083 are obviously really expensive. So, considering that I can get another set of Claas tires, the Volvo bucket, and yellow rims out of this set it seems to be a really good parts donor for me.

I'm not sure if anyone knows at this point, but if any of you do can you sum up the functions of this set? From the looks of it it seems really lacking in functions - it obviously has no PF and I doubt that it will have a gearbox (due to the many control knobs sticking out from the vehicle). Some parts of it also seem weird to to me - like that box back there. It doesn't seem to do anything more than just serve as a counterweight. I'm wondering if this is gonna be like 42064 all over again - impressive looking model as a whole but really lacking in functions this reducing the playability.

Of course, I'm gonna have to look at reviews of the set after it comes out to make my decision whether this set is worth buying or not, but for now this seems to have the most of what I need out of the 2018 2H sets.

Raising bucket

Tilting bucket

Steering

Rising / lowering rear part

This is what I see so far, but set is interesting, pitty that LEGO missed oportunity to introduce little bit smaller tractor tires...

42 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

pitty that LEGO missed oportunity to introduce little bit smaller tractor tires...

Mate, maybe it's best to forget about smaller tractor tyres until TLG actually produces them.

1 hour ago, JLiu15 said:

Hey guys, so after looking at this set a bit I'm thinking about getting it after it comes out. It seems to be the "just right" option for me among the 5 Technic sets for the second half of 2018: the 42079 and 42080 seem overpriced and don't have that many features I find interesting and the 42082 and 42083 are obviously really expensive. So, considering that I can get another set of Claas tires, the Volvo bucket, and yellow rims out of this set it seems to be a really good parts donor for me.

I'm not sure if anyone knows at this point, but if any of you do can you sum up the functions of this set? From the looks of it it seems really lacking in functions - it obviously has no PF and I doubt that it will have a gearbox (due to the many control knobs sticking out from the vehicle). Some parts of it also seem weird to to me - like that box back there. It doesn't seem to do anything more than just serve as a counterweight. I'm wondering if this is gonna be like 42064 all over again - impressive looking model as a whole but really lacking in functions this reducing the playability.

Of course, I'm gonna have to look at reviews of the set after it comes out to make my decision whether this set is worth buying or not, but for now this seems to have the most of what I need out of the 2018 2H sets.

Maybe if/when the price goes down, its extemely overpriced just compare it to another same sized volvo set like the 42053 and that one includes pneumatics as well...

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Raising bucket

Tilting bucket

Steering

This is what I see so far, but set is interesting, pitty that LEGO missed oportunity to introduce little bit smaller tractor tires...

Nah, I like it having Claas tires...with the 4 from the Claas itself it's time I can make a 8x8 out of them!

I actually don't really care about the playability tbh, I often keep a set together for only about a week then I take them apart for pieces.

But from your description it seems more functional than I anticipated. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, GoldVillage said:

Maybe if/when the price goes down, its extemely overpriced just compare it to another same sized volvo set like the 42053 and that one includes pneumatics as well...

But among the 5 new Technic sets of the summer this seems to be the best priced set that isn't way too expensive for me.

Also, the 42080 has less pieces and is more expensive, yes it has pneumatics but with what you said about 42053...so relative to that set this one is better in terms of price per piece.

3 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Mate, maybe it's best to forget about smaller tractor tyres until TLG actually produces them.

Yes, I have allready changed my scale for mocs to 1:15...

2 hours ago, JLiu15 said:

Nah, I like it having Claas tires...with the 4 from the Claas itself it's time I can make a 8x8 out of them!

I have 20 of them (three Xerions and 8 extra bought via bricklink...), but I'm Limited with only one size...

7 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Raising bucket

Tilting bucket

Steering

In addition the rear 'counter weight' moves in and out on a gear rack (operated from the knob at the rear), so there are 5 control knobs all up:

The three at the sides are directly (or in the case of the bucket tilt, via a universal joint) connected to the 3 large LAs for bucket tilt, bucket raise and rear wheels up and down to tilt the machine forward/back. The one on top is steering (all four wheels), and the one at the rear is for moving the rear counterweight in and out (likely direct to a worm gear on the rack).

Lastly, the panels on the rear counterweight opens up on either side (it doesn't appear to have a fake engine though).

So fairly simple mechanically, but probably quite fun to play with. It'd be neat to see if it could be modded so the movement of the rear counterweight could be coordinated with the movement of the bucket.

10 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Lastly, the panels on the rear counterweight opens up on either side (it doesn't appear to have a fake engine though).

Isn´t that thing purely electric?

28 minutes ago, Jzawesak said:

Isn´t that thing purely electric?

Could be. We don't know anything about the actual real world prototype yet, other than that the B-model might be a recently-unveiled dumper.

The name is out:

"When you want to collect something new, collect with the help of this set of LEGO Technic futuristic model Volvo - conceptual dump truck PEGAX."

No result found for Volvo Pegax.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

5 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Could be. We don't know anything about the actual real world prototype yet, other than that the B-model might be a recently-unveiled dumper.

Oh, if that's the case I guess I'd be building the B- model instead :)

17 hours ago, JonathanM said:

In addition the rear 'counter weight' moves in and out on a gear rack (operated from the knob at the rear), so there are 5 control knobs all up:

The three at the sides are directly (or in the case of the bucket tilt, via a universal joint) connected to the 3 large LAs for bucket tilt, bucket raise and rear wheels up and down to tilt the machine forward/back. The one on top is steering (all four wheels), and the one at the rear is for moving the rear counterweight in and out (likely direct to a worm gear on the rack).

So fairly simple mechanically, but probably quite fun to play with. It'd be neat to see if it could be modded so the movement of the rear counterweight could be coordinated with the movement of the bucket.

Thanks for update :thumbup:

Look to the future with the new model Volvo wheel loader ZEUX (item 42081) from LEGO Technic.

The kit was developed in conjunction with Volvo and is equipped with many realistic details, including a classy reconnaissance drone. You can adjust the counterweight in accordance with the load, control the boom and bucket both simultaneously and separately. In addition, the truck is equipped with a fully-controlled chassis and features excellent maneuverability.

This 2-in-1 model features futuristic wheels with massive tires and Volvo's classic color scheme with a set of stickers for individualizing the model. When you want to collect something new, collect with the help of this set of LEGO Technic futuristic model Volvo - conceptual dump truck PEGAX.

Individualizing, they say.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Does that mean two bloody sets of stickers? :ugh:

I think the stickers will be like those for plate number in the Volkswagen Beetle. There are several stickers to choose for one plate.

Yes I like this set too, nothing special but I will sure be getting it, I need those tires and bucket mostly but I still think overall it's a decent value and build. 

7 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Yes I like this set too, nothing special but I will sure be getting it, I need those tires and bucket mostly but I still think overall it's a decent value and build. 

:thumbup: Need that bucket too.

21 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

:thumbup: Need that bucket too.

I have it from 42030 set, but I'm curious to see this set 

34 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Well, you see it. Images everywhere.

I have lots of this set images (except B-model) but I was thinking to see real model in my hands...probably I haven't express myself correctly :wink: