There are 2 linear actuators, one to raise the whole front assembly/arm and one that tilts the bucket. Along with HOG steering,   I only see three functions.  anyone considered that abdomen thing in the back is a place to store the Drone?

I wonder what the four knobs are for? Bucket rising, bucket tilting, HOG and? Maybe moving the robot arm?

edit: No, the lowest knob must operate something different.

Edited by Frequenzberater

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

No chance - the set looks too refined to be a B-model. B-models generally end up looking like an inexperienced MOCcer creation.

Not true, 8284 had the tractor as the B model, and the buggy as the A model, at least in the US. Which is truly baffling, as the buggy is a bad B model. So, there is a chance. However, it is far more likely that both the A and B model will look like the B model will look like the B model of something cooler, like some sets have. (I'm glaring at you, 42037.) I've seen a number of bad B models, but I've also seen lots of good ones. 42078, in particular could be the A model of a set.

Sadly, in relation to 42054, which was superlative, this set just does not stack up. How can this set be the same price, when it has no PF and lower complexity?

1 hour ago, Saberwing40k said:

How can this set be the same price, when it has no PF and lower complexity?

Because it’s in the same size group probably. I just checked piece counts vs 42054 and have to say I agree that it’s a shame there’s like an 800 piece gap. Would be nice to get something more complex.

It might actually be cheaper than 42054, the CAD price turns into about $200AUD

Edited by Bartybum

1 hour ago, Frequenzberater said:

I wonder what the four knobs are for? Bucket rising, bucket tilting, HOG and? Maybe moving the robot arm?

edit: No, the lowest knob must operate something different.

I suppose it is to rise/lower the back part of the loader. There was an image of this movement in the leaked image of the box.

Ok...up to now I thought that the lifting and lowering function is hard coupled with the movable back and that it works like some kind of a counter weight.

Personally I think this is a really ugly model, and function-wise it doesn't seem to hold much new ground either...

I see a knob on the side of the arm, near the connection to the base, that drives an axle in the arm going forward. That will probably be for tilting the bucket. I doubt it's linked to anything, since the knob is on the arm and not on the hinge point.

The whole body seems to be static - from front axle to the rear end; but maybe the rear axle can move up/down. The other image shows a LA under the arm, but we can't see if that's linked to anything else.

At least there's a black 5x7 frame on the rear axle.

2 hours ago, tripletschiee said:

From Lego Technic Singapore:

@tripletschiee is there still img 42079 and 42080?

upd. I saw in the technic topic, sry

Edited by vorg

Some more details of the loader here to seen.

27 minutes ago, Xsquilax said:

Credit Photos to From Bricks to Bothans (FBTB) right here :

56 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Because it’s in the same size group probably. I just checked piece counts vs 42054 and have to say I agree that it’s a shame there’s like an 800 piece gap. Would be nice to get something more complex.

It might actually be cheaper than 42054, the CAD price turns into about $200AUD

Let's hope it is cheaper. 800 fewer parts and no PF at the same price as 42054 is probably a bridge too far for Lego.

25 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Personally I think this is a really ugly model, and function-wise it doesn't seem to hold much new ground either...

I see a knob on the side of the arm, near the connection to the base, that drives an axle in the arm going forward. That will probably be for tilting the bucket. I doubt it's linked to anything, since the knob is on the arm and not on the hinge point.

The whole body seems to be static - from front axle to the rear end; but maybe the rear axle can move up/down. The other image shows a LA under the arm, but we can't see if that's linked to anything else.

At least there's a black 5x7 frame on the rear axle.

There are a lot of black frames all throughout this model, actually.

Sadly, I echo your sentiments about looks and functions. This set seems to be rather empty, rather a lot like some other sets this year. Let's hope this is a one time thing.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I was not sure about size, so thanks Speculation Master :wink:

4 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I was not sure about size, so thanks Speculation Master :wink:

I uploaded it to my Flickr account :sweet:

Just now, Jim said:

I uploaded it to my Flickr account :sweet:

Very kind of you :thumbup:

What are those yellow pieces with warning "!" stickers, on the sides of the loader, near the HoG knob?

2 minutes ago, mpj said:

What are those yellow pieces with warning "!" stickers, on the sides of the loader, near the HoG knob?

They haven't appeared in any Technic sets so far. I've seen them in a couple of Super Heroes sets.

I don't think this Ninjago digger is for me. Looks cool, I guess, but it looks too simple, like 42069 it appears lacking in mechanisms compared to its size, but at least the few mechanisms 42069 had were done well and fairly authentically with its multi link live axle suspension and Ackerman geometry, but the Volvo seems to have nothing realistic. I guess this is aimed at Ninjago fans who are now looking for a bigger challenge. Seriously this should have been a Ninjago set, add in a few minifigs, a spinning arm with a mace on the end and flick fire missiles to the drone and you're done.

Looks like this set has a good part selection for this old Blacktron builder. I think I may get a couple of these. 

In one of the images on Brother Bricks you can see a second large LA at the rear bottom. It looks to be directly coupled to the lowest 12T gear in the middle of the body:

LEGO-Technic-Fall-2018-4.jpg?resize=1122

From a function perspective it looks quite simple. All linear actuators look to be driven (alomst) directly from 12T gears... Just wondering what the gearrack function is for. I guess it is driven with the gear at the back of the body (which is again a direct coupling between the gear and the actuator...)

Just now, Kelkschiz said:

Looks like this set has a good part selection for this old Blacktron builder. I think I may get a couple of these. 

hm autonomous Battrax...