Do you think the tires are supposed to be attached like this?! :P :wink: 

Leaked box image has them the “correct” way. Idiots :laugh: 

Wow, looks pretty cool, me likey!

By the way,  I think It's 42081, not 42071. :wink:

Edited by XtremeBuilder

Just now, XtremeBuilder said:

By teh way,  I think It's 42081, not 42071. :wink:

Definitely. Stupid mobile phone keyboard. Thanks.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

The label on the display shelf says "CONF Technic Zeux". Wonder why.

Wasn’t Zeux the Volvo name for the project/vehicle?

Nice picture, but I'm confused by the model. I still don't understand what the back of the vehicle is supposed to be. It look like a recipient or even a grade to sort bricks? At first I thought the bucket could tilt backwards to store bricks in the back temporary, but now I don't think the arm can tilt far enough and the back part is too small in relation to the bucket.

Funny that this model of an autonomous vehicle is hand controlled.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Can someone change the title?

Just now, Jim said:

Wasn’t Zeux the Volvo name for the project/vehicle?

Yes, though Volvo apparently had trouble trademarking the name. I just thought it odd that it's been used here.

I do like the model btw :thumbup: 

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Yes, though Volvo apparently had trouble trademarking the name. I just thought it odd that it's been used here.

Okay, I didn’t know that.

That strange color scheme of yellow with the mix of orange really throws me off, just like 42053.  I'm also wondering if anyone sees any new pieces, because I don't see any on the surface.  Also, it is a really unique structure because it looks as if it should rotate in the middle like a mobile crane (based on the shape) but that doesn't appear to be one of the functions.  

Overall it looks bigger than I thought it would be.

42 minutes ago, Cumulonimbus said:

Nice picture, but I'm confused by the model. I still don't understand what the back of the vehicle is supposed to be. It look like a recipient or even a grade to sort bricks? At first I thought the bucket could tilt backwards to store bricks in the back temporary, but now I don't think the arm can tilt far enough and the back part is too small in relation to the bucket.

Funny that this model of an autonomous vehicle is hand controlled.

I think it is just be an storage for the PF elements, it could also be used as a counterweight, but i am not sure if it is fixed in a certain position or if it moves depending of the load on the bucket like another Volvo concept front loader called Centaur

Interesting! I also noticed an orange flex axle. I probably won’t be getting it because of the price and I think it is not worth it for parts. 

I think the back compartment holds the engine. Does not look like it has enough space to house a gearbox + battery box + motor. But then I could be wrong and it would be interesting to see how this set can be made PF upgradable and what functions will be supported by the PF. Overall the set looks interesting but the final price will decide the success/failure of this set. Also, I am looking forward to the review of this set to see if it incorporates any cool tricks.

As an old Technic hand, I need more pics and info to judge this, but so far I don't get it.  Don't like the look, for sure. Let's see how much interesting functionality it has. 

I have a question, could there be any possibility that this model is actually the B-model?, because after looking at it for some time i have the same feeling when watching a B-model of a set (i don't know if some of you also have this kind of feeling), is something about the construction style and how it looks, and if this is actually the A-model i am really interested in how will be the B-model.

10 minutes ago, Imanol BB said:

I have a question, could there be any possibility that this model is actually the B-model?, because after looking at it for some time i have the same feeling when watching a B-model of a set (i don't know if some of you also have this kind of feeling), is something about the construction style and how it looks, and if this is actually the A-model i am really interested in how will be the B-model.

No chance - the set looks too refined to be a B-model. B-models generally end up looking like an inexperienced MOCcer creation.

Regarding the pricing, this set looks like it would be in a similar league as 42054 (less PF but larger + huge bucket). If I’m reading that price tag correctly then it says 139.99. If that’s in Euros then it’s pretty standard with what we’ve seen before - 139.99€ is roughly $220AUD. Add GST to that and you’re looking at $250AUD, which was the RRP in 42054 over here in Australia.

Edited by Bartybum

So, it will have 4 wheel steering, that is good. The back (abdomen / swag belly) should hold the engine and such, also seeing the prelim picture (right bottom corner) - it works as moving counterweight. So by lifting the bucket, it will be lifted as well - makes also sense for active balancing system in real world.

I am curious about the mechanics, bucket tilting looks unique (no linkage), but other functions look quite directly operated.

8 hours ago, Jim said:

Do you think the tires are supposed to be attached like this?! :P :wink: 

Leaked box image has them the “correct” way. Idiots :laugh: 

Looks like someone never changed wheels on his car:wink:

8 hours ago, Jim said:

Definitely. Stupid mobile phone keyboard.

And my mobile phone has problem with display - it stil shows 42071...defenetly display bug...btw very interesting model.